Chapter 53 – “GET AWAY FROM HER!”
291 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan entered the town, running as if chasing prey, disappearing from Alice's vision.

He was concentrating his hearing as hard as he could, looking for any noise that could be Bella or the guys chasing her.

It was then that he heard it a few miles away from him:

"There she is."

Ethan ran at the sound, not paying attention to whether someone would notice his presence or not, but even without paying attention, he was like a figure in the midst of the people walking around that night.

"Come here, guys!". One of the guys said.

After a few seconds, Ethan found Bella surrounded by four big guys. She was trying to push them away, but they kept approaching and touching the girl's body.

"You're beautiful, cutie!" one of them said.

Ethan began to feel his blood heat up even more. His eyes were glowing red. He could hear Bella's heart beating loudly in desperation.

"You're kind of hot for a teenager!" One of the guys said, touching Bella's ass.

"Don't touch me!" Bella warned stuttering.

"What? Come over here close!". Another replied, pulling her along.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!". Bella said and pushed him.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!". Ethan shouted stressed, approaching quickly, but at a normal speed for ordinary people.

"What? The little boy came to save his girlfriend?". One of the guys said, laughing, moving on to Ethan.

Ethan revealed his shadow flames and almost instantly threw an explosive ball on the ground near the men, who immediately stepped back. He knew it might be too dangerous to kill one of them there, so he preferred to just scare them.

"Aww, how cute! He can do magic!". A man, who seemed to be the leader of the group, said, laughing.

He was not the biggest among the guys, but he was still strong. He was white, with brown hair, and had a generic haircut.

"Are you guys scared of a kid's magic trick? Don't fucking!". The man said to the others, who looked at each other worriedly. Then he pulled Bella by the arm, bringing her closer to his body, and tried to touch her breast.

Ethan quickened his pace to the man holding Bella and held him by the neck furiously, causing the man to look directly at Ethan.

"What the fuck...". As he looked at Ethan, the man froze. He seemed to be hypnotized.

Ethan began to squeeze the man's throat without taking his eyes off him for 1 second. The man let go of Bella's arm, who ran up behind Ethan, startled.

"Bro, what are you doing? Why are you standing...?". One of the men said, but before he could finish his sentence, the eyes of the man Ethan was holding, started turning white by the second, just like the lynx.

"Is he going blind?" One of them shouted, startled.

The man began to let out a strange noise, as if he wanted to scream, but couldn't, just the air slowly fading.

Ethan squeezed the man's neck tighter and tighter. The man's body started to get black veins all over his arms, which were slowly going up to his face.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? THE MAN IS DYING! The taller man shouted, starting to run away.

"Are you going to run away? Do something!". One of the guys shouted.

One of the guys picked up a rock from the ground and was about to hit Ethan in the head, but when he got close to them, Ethan looked quickly into the man's eyes, showing no reaction. He just made the man stare at his worst nightmares in a few seconds and turned his attention back to the other man.

The man, who tried to attack Ethan, froze and dropped the stone on the spot. He started shaking and wanting to cry. The man turned and ran away in desperation. The others ran with him, scared, but not understanding what was happening.

Ethan didn't look away for even 1 second.

"Ethan?" He heard Alice's voice from the background of his thoughts, but his sanity was already uncontrollable, to the point where he didn't hear anything around.

"ALICE!". It was then that he felt something pushing him away.

Ethan felt the thump of his back being thrown against the wall next to him. It made him dizzy for a few seconds, but he soon opened his eyes and looked around, regaining consciousness.

"What the fuck are you doing to him?". He heard a male voice.

Edward was standing in front of the man, next to Alice, who was holding his stiffened hands. He looked afraid.

The man was lying on the ground, almost completely deteriorated. His eyes were white, static. Just mumbling some incomprehensible things, since his vocal cords had already been rotted away.

"What have you done?" Alice said, a little startled by the body.

Ethan stood up, bewildered by the shove, and walked towards Alice, but before he could say anything, Edward walked over to Ethan's direction and pinned him to the wall with his arm, hanging Ethan.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU? WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?" Edward yelled, furious, seeing Ethan's eyes completely red.

Even though they had similar abilities, the vampire still had more physical strength than Ethan.

"Let me go, Edward!" Ethan muttered with difficulty because he was being choked.

"He was trying to save me! Let him go, Edward!" Bella said, moving closer.

"Save you? Are you an idiot? Look what he did! How would I save you, Bella?". Edward yelled, pressing his arm harder against Ethan.

Ethan tried to terrify Edward as he had done before, but Edward looked away by shaking his head. It didn't seem to work on vampires the way it did on humans. Probably because they had been through so many traumatic experiences, Ethan would need more to be able to affect vampires.

"Edward, let him go!" Alice shouted, irritated.

"No! Do you think I'm going to let him get away again? He's a monster, Alice! You're falling for this stupid teenage crap!". Edward shouted.

- Such hypocrisy..." Ethan thought, laughing internally for a few seconds.

It was then that they saw the body murmur again. He was still alive, it was obvious. Even though the thing no longer looked like an ordinary human, it still had a soul there.

"If I leave him like this, it will be worse! He won't survive.". Ethan said, looking at Edward. He knew that Edward wanted to kill those guys. He just hadn't done it because it would bring trouble to his family. Deep down, Edward was grateful for Ethan.

Edward looked angrily at Ethan and let go of him, causing Ethan to fall to the ground, coughing, trying to catch his breath.

Bella ran toward Ethan, trying to lift him up, which made Edward feel more anger.

Ethan walked over to the body and sat down on his knees nearby.

"What are you going to do with him?" Edward asked.

"I'm going to kill him! Or would you rather I leave it to you to drink the blood?". Ethan replied, without taking his eyes off the body.

Edward stared at Alice, irritated. He knew she had told.

"What?" Bella said, looking at Edward.

Ethan stretched his arm toward the body. He wasn't going to kill the man at once, he wanted to suck the soul out of the body. It would be a waste to just let her go.

He began to feel the man's soul entering his body. This time, the feeling was different. People's souls were different from those of animals. They were denser and heavier. He could even describe it as tasting different. He felt pleasure in consuming that kind of soul. People's souls were not pure like those of animals, but they were much tastier.

Alice hugged Bella from behind, so that she couldn't see the scene. Bella was curious, but she preferred to spare herself from the shocking scene.

The man's body began to rot completely. His skin began to turn a grayish-black tone, as if he was being burned. His face started to become skeletal and the noises coming from his body were fading fast. After a few seconds, that body turned to ashes and bones.

"Now it's easier to get rid of the body!". Ethan said, pushing one of the bones with his feet.

"At least have a minimum of respect!". Edward said, seeing Ethan not caring about the body.

"Respect for that? I only have respect for pure souls, Edward!". He replied, letting out a brief laugh.


We are at the Start of the Month! The best time to become a Patre on!

Read 14+ advanced chapters on Patreon! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patreon.com/toToru

Discord: https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC (visual representation of characters + chapter notification + story ideas)

10