Chapter 60 – That Grape Flavored Kiss
255 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I don't know if he can be trusted...". Enid replied, causing Ethan to grow thoughtful.

"I don't know that I have many alternatives!". Ethan replied, looking at Enid, who seemed to have become even more concerned.

Ethan began to create a profile for himself on Orkut.

"What's that? Orkut?" Enid asked, watching Ethan fiddle with his laptop. "Oh, my friends at work talked about it! Can you create a profile for me? Sounds like fun!" Enid said excitedly.

Ethan giggled, staring at her.

"I'll do it later!". Ethan said.

He opened Emily's profile again and sent a friend request.

'Hey, Emy! How are you doing? I'm the son of an old friend of your father's. Could you pass me his phone number?' Ethan posted this on the wall of Emily's profile, to make sure she didn't ignore him.

"Right! Now I just need to wait for her to get back to me!". Ethan said, closing the laptop screen.

"Where are you going?" Enid asked, watching him get up.

"I'm going to get some sleep, I'm feeling tired from today, but I think I'll wake up later today!". Ethan said.

He walked up the stairs heading to his room, but before he could close his eyes, he felt his cell phone vibrate.

"Ethan, are you feeling better?". Bella sent to him.

"I am! What's wrong?" Ethan sent.

"I think I'm dating a vampire!". Bella sent.

"Wtf lol." Ethan laughed and sent.

"I'm serious! He took me into the woods today. His skin shines like a diamond in the sun! xD". Bella sent.

"Isn't he supposed to melt in the sun?". Ethan asked, teasing her.

"I thought that too, but apparently they just glow. That's a little disappointing, to tell you the truth!". Bella sent.

"So, did he propose to you?". Ethan sent.

"No! Like, I don't know. He told me the biggest secret of his life. That means we're dating, right?". Bella asked.

"If so, I'm dating Edward too, since you told me the biggest secret of his life!". Ethan sent.

He went a few minutes without getting any messages.

"I think I messed up. Will you tell him I told you?". Bella sent.

"Yes!" He sent. "Kidding!" Ethan sent it next.

"Idiot!". Bella sent.

"Aren't you afraid? Of him biting you or something?". Ethan asked.

"I wouldn't think it was bad... lol." Bella sent.

"Weird!". Ethan sent.

"He doesn't hurt anyone! He only takes blood from animals!". Bella sent.

"But you don't think he's ever killed, anyone?". Ethan sent.

Bella didn't reply any further.

Ethan dropped his cell phone on the bed and snuggled with Umb, falling asleep.

After a few hours, Ethan wakes up and realizes that it is still night. He feels his stomach rumbling with hunger and is drawn to the smell of something being prepared downstairs.

He sits up in bed and realizes that Umb is not lying with him. Ethan looks under the bed, inside the closet, and calls Umb by name, but nothing comes of him. Ethan decides to throw a shadow patch on the floor, thinking the shadow cat might be gone, but he doesn't appear at any point.

- Okay! Calm down! Nothing must have happened to him! There's no need to despair! - Ethan thought, starting to get desperate.

He leaves his room to look for Ethan around the house, but as he goes downstairs, he realizes that everything is out. Only the light from the television is illuminating the room.

"MOTHER? HAVE YOU SEEN UMB? HE'S GONE!" Ethan shouts, worried.

"Don't yell, Ethan!". Enid whispers grimly, staring at Ethan.

Ethan pales and slowly looks at his mother.

Enid is lying on the couch, watching television under a blanket. She slowly lifts the blanket and Ethan can see Umb wrapped in her lap, sleeping comfortably.

"But he doesn't bother you anymore?". Ethan asked confused.

"I can pet him if I'm and gloves on!". Enid replied, showing the gloves that covered her hands to Ethan.

Ethan smiled gently, happy that they hit it off.

"Are you preparing something to eat?". Ethan asked, going to the oven.

"I got in the mood for a cake. I'm making Hayden's favorite. Chocolate cake!". Enid commented, without much thought.

Ethan looked at her, kind of confused.

- I didn't think she cared about him anymore...maybe that conversation had rekindled some feelings in her. I hope that doesn't upset her in the future. - Ethan thought, bending down to look at the cake in the oven.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" Enid asked.

"I guess so. I'm fine already! I don't think that happened by some 'natural cause'!". Ethan replied, hinting that the power of the shadows was connected to the heart attack he had.

Time passed. Ethan ate a piece of chocolate cake and went to sleep.

In the morning, he woke up and went to school, taking the same route he does with Enid.

When he arrived, he found their friends gathered in the corner of the parking lot, commenting on something specific.

"What happened?" Ethan asked, approaching the group.

"Bella just got out of Edward's car! He brought her to class today!". Jessica said, excited.

"And there's more! The day we went to see the dresses, she said she met him there in Port Angeles. She didn't get too deep, but I'm sure they went somewhere romantic for dinner!". Angela added, excitedly.

- Edward had a super romantic evening, I'd say! - Ethan thought, wryly.

"Oh look Ethan, the prom theme came out!". Jessica hands him a flyer.

"Monte Carlo?". Ethan read the flyer.

"Gambling, fancy dress, and Bond. James Bond!". Eric said, trying to be cool.

"Do you know who you're going to call yet?". Jessica asked, shyly.

"I think so! I just need to see the right time to call her to the dance!". Ethan said, looking around the school parking lot for Alice, but she seemed to have already entered the school.

Hearing this, Jessica wiped the smile off her face and looked away, trying to disguise her discomfort with the situation.

The classes went by, and all Ethan could think about was how he was going to get Alice to the dance. It wasn't the most important thought he could have at the moment, but it was still distracting his mind from class. He needed something trivial to distract himself, after everything that had happened over the past few days, he just wanted to act like a normal teenager at that moment.

So Ethan thought that asking her to the dance in a more simple and conventional way might be the best thing to do.

When the break rang, Ethan decided to pick a small purple flower from the school garden.

He looked around the cafeteria for Alice and leaned against one of the walls, following her with his gaze.

Alice's family was still not very happy about Ethan's presence, so he decided to stay away until she noticed him, so they could be alone.

Alice looked at Ethan, who moved his head, indicating that she should follow him. Alice looked around to see if anyone was watching her, and followed Ethan silently.

Ethan walked to the outside of the cafeteria, where it was colder than normal, so no students were there, and leaned on one of the far walls.

"Hi!". Alice said, smiling gently.

Ethan took out the little flower he was hiding behind his back and handed it to Alice.

"Aww how cute! Thanks!". Alice smiled, getting embarrassed.

"Would you like to go to the dance with me, Miss Cullen?". Ethan said formally, clenching his eyelashes.

"I'll think about it!". Alice replied, looking away, grimacing.

"Huh?". Ethan mumbled, confused.

"Yes, I do!". She said, with a huge smile.

Alice's smile made him forget about any problems or sadness he was feeling. She could relax him just by looking at him.

"Have you thought about it?". Ethan asked, smiling.

"Yes, I have! I do! I do!". Alice said, bouncing in front of him.

Ethan gently placed his hand on Alice's cheek, giving her grape-flavored lips a kiss on her icy lips.


 

Estamos no Começo do Mês! A melhor hora para se tornar um Patre on!

 

Fiz um Patre para liberar capítulos avançados! Você pode me apoiar lá se quiser, obrigado!

Leia mais de 14 capítulos avançados no Patre on! (2 capítulos diários lançados lá!)

Patreon.com/toToru

 

Servidor Discord:  https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

13