Chapter 66 – “I Don’t Believe It’s You!”
242 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ethan was quiet for a few seconds. He didn't know what to answer.

"Are you telling me then that you don't really know who he is? Who doesn't really know him, just from rumors and stories in books?" Ethan asked, teasingly.

"Ethan, I saw it with my own eyes!". Carlisle said, trying to insist.

"But people have their reasons... All the vampires you've taken in have changed. Why couldn't he? That was 300 years ago!". Ethan said, not wanting to believe he was being used.

"Are you really trying to be the devil's advocate? He's not a person, Ethan! He was NEVER a person! He is a DIVINITY. They have no mercy or justice, they will just do what it takes to continue their reign." Carlisle said, starting to get angry.

"So all gods are like that? Not just him?" Ethan questioned.

"NO!". Carlisle raised his voice. "The other gods are not like that! Hades is bad, he's the god of darkness!". Carlisle replied, confidently.

That's when Ethan stopped believing Carlisle. He didn't know what he was talking about. How could he say all the other gods were good if he didn't know them? He hadn't even witnessed any divine acts from any of them.

"But you are a dark being!" Ethan teased.

"Stop being an IDIOT child, Ethan! That's not how things work. Do you think you're going to get there, and he's going to welcome you with open arms? Saying you're his 'dear son'? He's a demon!". Carlisle said angrily. "He'll kill you the FIRST chance he gets!".

"I see! I guess it's about my time!". Ethan said, wanting to end that conversation soon.

"I think you're a good person, Ethan! Just think carefully about your actions! Don't be a dumb kid to follow that path!". Carlisle said, getting up to open the door for Ethan.

Ethan walked toward the door, looking for Alice, but she was not there.

He went downstairs and saw everyone gathered in the living room, talking.

"It's getting late, I better go!". Ethan said to everyone in the room, as he headed toward the front door.

"But already? It's still so early!". Emmitt said, as Alice stared at him to get him to be quiet.

"But you're coming to the game tomorrow, aren't you?". Jasper asked, curious.

"I think I am!". Ethan replied, noticing Carlisle staring at him from across the room. Carlisle didn't look very happy.

Alice stood up and followed Ethan.

"Do you want me to take you home?". She asked.

Ethan nodded, with a gentle smile.

"Bye, guys!". Ethan waved to Alice's family as he left the house.

They headed toward Alice's car, which was parked in front of the Cullens' house.

"What happened there?" Alice asked, worried.

"Nothing much!". Ethan replied, not wanting to elaborate.

"Is everything okay?". She asked.

"I don't want to talk about it!". Ethan replied seriously.

Alice just looks away, not wanting to insist.

They walked all the way to Ethan's house in awkward silence.

When they arrived, Ethan said goodbye to Alice with a gentle kiss on her forehead and walked into the house, without much thought.

He went upstairs to the bedroom, where Umb was asleep, and grabbed his cell phone from his pocket. Ethan paced back and forth impatiently, which eventually caused Umb to wake up confused by the situation.

Umb sat up in Ethan's bed, following him with his gaze from side to side.

Ethan looked irritated and impatient. Was Hayden as bad as they were saying? But even if he was, he wanted to find out for himself, he didn't want someone to get in his way.

He dialed Paolo's number. Even though it was late, he was too anxious not to do it.

The phone began to ring.

Ethan stood in the middle of the room, his cell phone to his ear, as he stared angrily at Umb.

Umb stared back at him, confused as to why Ethan was like that.

"Who is it?" A serious, thick voice of an older man answered.

"P-Paolo? Is that you?". Ethan became nervous. He felt his heart racing and his hands sweating with nervousness. It sounded like he was talking to some idol of his. The anger passed as soon as he heard the voice.

"E-Ethan? Are you Ethan?" Paolo asked. The serious voice changed to an excited, contented voice.

"Yes, it's me! I'm Ethan!". Ethan replied, with a huge smile on his face.

"My god, I'm so happy to be able to hear your voice! I can't believe it's you. How old are you, 15?". Paolo asked, excitedly.

"I'm 17!". Ethan replied.

"Seventeen, wow, you must be huge! You already have a man's voice, that's crazy!". Paolo said, smiling. "Damn Hayden! What a lying man!". Paolo added, laughing happily.

"Huh? H-Hayden? What about him?" Ethan asked, shyly.

"Your father? That little shit had told me you were dead, but I knew it was a lie! I'm so happy to know that my nephew is alive!". Paolo shouted, laughing.

"Have you heard from him, Paolo?" Ethan asked, nervously.

"Oh, Hayden...? He disappeared a few years ago, but I think I can find him!". Paolo said.

"CAN YOU? PROMISE?" Ethan said excitedly, making his voice come out extremely thin. "I mean, do you swear?". He scratched his throat.

"I think so! He'll be happy to see you... Wait... Have you...?" Paolo asked, curious.

"Huh? What?" Ethan asked, confused.

"You know... Shadows...". Paolo whispered.

"Oh... Yes!". Ethan whispered back.

"Oh my god, I'm so excited!". Paolo said, whispering. "You're living where? I can pick you up!" Paolo asked. "Are you living near Maryland? I can pick you up today! Paolo continued.

"We're living in Forks, Paolo! We moved here many years ago!" Ethan interrupted.

"Oh, Forks? That's really far away... But I can manage! What about your mom? How is she?".

"She's fine! She talked about you these days!". Ethan replied, excited.

"Really? I miss Enid so much! She was like a little sister to me. It sucked when you guys had to leave!". Paolo said, saddened. "But now we have reason to celebrate! Talk to your mom and tell me one day! I'll find a way to bring you guys here!". Paolo said, excited.

"All right, I'll talk to her! Can I call you at this number when I want to talk to you?". Ethan asked, before hanging up.

"Yes! I'll take your call anytime! Just not when I'm in the bathroom!". Paolo replied, laughing.

"Okay! See you, Paolo!". Ethan said.

"Don't call me Paolo, Ethan, I'm your uncle! Call me uncle!" Paolo said, angry.

"Sorry!" Ethan laughed. "Bye, Uncle!" Ethan corrected.

"Bye nephew!". Paolo replied, happy.

Ethan hung up the phone, and he had a huge smile on his face.

Umb looked confused.

"I'm finally going to meet my family, Umb! I'm so happy, you wouldn't believe it!". Ethan said, laying down on the bed and placing the shadow cat on his belly.

"We're going to Maryland in a while! Are you excited?". Ethan asked the shadow kitten.

Umb looked at Ethan and shook his head from side to side, negatively.

"Oh, you're silly!". Ethan replied, laughing, stroking the shadow cat.

Ethan lay there for a few minutes, stroking the cat, and fell asleep. The feeling of the shadows entering his body was still comfortable, like a soft blanket hugging Ethan, but he didn't feel satisfied like the other times. After he had tasted souls, that feeling was never the same again.


 

We are at the Start of the Month! The best time to become a Patre on!

 

I've made a Patre on to released advanced chapters! You can support me there if you want, thank you!

Read 14+ advanced chapters on Patre on! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patre on.com/toToru

 

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

10