Chapter 8: To where you came from (2)
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ugh, so dizzy...'

Fang felt like his surroundings were spiraling, how could someone as great as he was--someone who never felt weak, be dizzy?

It was new for him, he thought. But besides feeling woozy, extreme thirst suddenly came. He was immune to the cold, but the immunity does not apply the same to heat. Why in the world is it so hot?

He remembered he was no longer in Lumneve but in the kid's hometown. How could Lucianus, the third prince, live in such a hot place? Perhaps it was not really that hot, he was just used to Lumneve.

Although his sight was blurry, he spotted something that his body instinctively got up and went towards it, as if he had always done it before. It was round, a shallow container that was filled with water...water!

He happily drank it while wagging his tail, finally the thirst he felt disappeared. Wait, wagging? Wagging his tail?

Fang, confused, turned his head around to look at his tail. Why did he not know that he was back in his wolf form? 'Why does my tail seem a bit...small?'

Did his eyes mistake it? Was it because of his dizziness that it also affected his sight? Yes, that was probably it. How could his tail be sma--'It is small!' he exclaimed when he looked at it the second time.

Did that kid, Lucianus, do something to his tail as revenge for all the teasing he did to him? 'That ungrateful brat, after all the help...'

His sight became better and he moved around to see if there was still an uncomfortable feeling when he noticed something small copying his movements. He stopped to look at it only to find out that it was a mirror and it was his own reflection.

He stared at it and went into a daze. The small thing that resembled a wolf--no scratch that--a creature that copied the appearance of a wolf but a bit smaller...weaker...and looks more...gentle.

A dog...

A dog!

How could a white wolf such as him that is considered the great master, the top wizard of Perisia, turn into a dog!


"D-doctor, the patient--!"

Lucian woke up every day with the light of the sun coming from the window hitting his face. He was used to the sight of the butler waking him up after opening the curtains with the usual smile plastered on the servant's face. He didn't know whether that smile was true or fake, and he never understood the expressions they show to him.

Yet right now, he woke up to bright light but not quite the same. There was a strange feeling inside of him, besides the pain in his body and his aching head. It wasn't the sun, it was just a place full of lights and his surroundings were mostly...white.

Above all, the people that he first saw as he woke up had different expressions on their faces. Surprise, concern, joy, and more than he could list down.

Where on earth was he, he thought.

"How could this be--he was practically dead!"

"The line went back to normal!"

"He's awake and alive!"

"Oh, my son!"

Lucian tried to sit up. The lady near him did not want him to get up yet but he ignored her. "I apologize but...where am I?" he asked.

Lucian looked around and there were many people other than him. There were also a lot of beds with people lying on them getting treated. Was it the same for him? How could that be, he was not sick at all from what he could try to remember.

"You are at the hospital, Mr. Gale."

Perhaps when they returned to the palace through the portal, something happened to him. But a medical facility? Does the imperial family even need that when they have their own physicians?

Confused, he looked around again. Some people were wearing clothing that looks new to his eyes. The things they use seem different as well. Was he not in Perisia? Did Fang mess up the place that the portal was supposed to go to?

'So even the famous top wizard makes such a mistake, huh.' Lucian thought.

"He is very silent, not even any questions."
"He keeps looking around. He seems confused, maybe he lost his memory."
"Let's run a few more tests."

Lucian who was listening to the men near him was confused about their conversation. He can't seem to understand anything at all.

"Lucian! Are you okay? What's up with you scaring us like that?!"
"Such a miracle, I don't want to ask how that happened because it must be a blessing! What matters is that you are alive!"
"Oh, my dear son. You should have told us you were going through something!"

Lucian didn't get to take a good look at them earlier. But now that he did, he could not take his eyes off them.

After all the years of holding back his emotions. Somehow, tears welled up so easily in his eyes the moment he stared at them.

They were...there, in front of him. Alive.

The past he wanted to forget, the way his whole family was caught and killed, leaving only him alive. But his family was right in front of him right now, his sisters, mother, and father. They were all right there!

"I m-missed you all..."

If this was a dream, he hoped he could stay for a bit longer.

1