Chapter 1 – The Beginning
622 7 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Daichi was a tiny child he thought he had life made. His parents loved and doted on him constantly, he would get any toy he wanted no matter the price. Then, he turned four, the prime age for a quirk awakening, his parents being filthy rich were able to take him to a top of the line quirk doctor who had a 90% correct guess rate when judging newly awakened quirks. 

Daichi, like any child was beyond excited to find out what his quirk was. During all of the test he was practically shaking in anticipation. That's why it was so painful when the doctor came in with a slight frown. 

" I'm sorry Mr.Shinrin, Mrs.Shinrin, but I can't find out what your son's quirk is. I know it uses certain functions from both or your quirks, but I have no idea what it's ability is. "

Daichi knew that there was a problem the instant the smiles on his parents stiffened and froze. The thought that he was in trouble was reinforced even more during the entire ride home where his parents neither spoke nor looked at him. He'd asked probably a dozen questions, yelled, and even kicked their seats and they said nothing. 

When they got home Daichi's parents took him to the living room and sat him down. 

" Daichi, did your mom and I ever tell you why you were born? "

" No daddy. " Daichi being a simple four year old still didn't necessarily understand the situation he was in and kind of thought his parents were playing a game. 

" Well son, you see, your dad and I had a goal. We wanted to create a quirk, a strong quirk that could duplicate other quirks. "

" WOAH! That's sounds so cool! "

" Yeah, it does but . . . You're a failure. You had one damn purpose and you failed it. "

While Daichi was on the verge of tears his mother, former American Top 10 hero, Jessica Shinrin, comforted her husband. 

" Honey, settle down, remember we still have another little one on the way. "

" Hopefully this one won't be a failure. "

Daichi was full on crying at that point. He curled up on the seat he was sitting on, still hoping to feel his mother's warm arms wrap around his shoulders while she whispered in his ear " everything will be alright " and " he didn't mean that son, we both love our perfect little man ". He never got any of that, for minutes the parents sat and watched Daichi cry.

" Are you done? "

Daichi had settled to sniffles and whimpers so he nodded his head. 

" Good. "

After saying that, Yuuto Shinrin (current head of the Shinrin family, one of the wealthiest families in Japan) clapped his hands and in walked four people. 

" Daichi, these are Amanda Smith, Andreas Black, Kaito Watanabe, and Yuno Ito. Amanda is your new personal maid, Andreas is your new English and Languages Teacher, Kaito is you new maths and sciences teacher, while Yuno is your new World History teacher. Amanda will be living with you in your new place of residence on the western edge of our property. I am sure you remember the ancestral house on the edge of the cliff overlooking the ocean? "

Daichi nodded his head, he really liked that house, the location was constantly windy making the waves travel halfway up the cliff the house sat on, so that the noise of the waves was just a perfect amount of noise to relax to. Daichi, despite being a child, was generally more calm than his fellow four year old compatriots, so he really liked the ambiance of the house.

" Your mother and I decided to let you live there in recognition of the four years we have raised you. Amanda has already gathered your clothes and other personal items, we expect you to be out of our house within the hour. "

Daichi who was once again crying didn't see either of his parents get up and leave. After they left his three teachers and one maid all surrounded him and gave him comforting pats and hugs. Daichi latched onto the nearest person to him, who just so happened to be Amanda, the four year old boy buried his head into her stomach while crying, Amanda could only shake her head and pat Daichi on his head. 

As was ordered the five people were out of the house within the hour, less than forty minutes later Daichi was asleep on a bed in his brand new home. 


Authors Note - Sorry for the short chapter everybody, I was trying to just introduce a bit of background before I really got into the novel. I will add a chapter with some character descriptions and I will also write them below this note. Like I said I was just trying to do something short and sweet for this chapter, later ones will be at least 2,000 words each. 

Daichi - Height - 3 feet 6 inches tall, a little over 46 pounds. Daichi has had an easy and spoiled life up until his quirk awakening so he is slightly chubby. He doesn't have any friends his age that he can play with so he hasn't spent much time playing outside meaning he has pale skin. His hair is long, down to his shoulders, and is a reddish blonde mix of his parents hair colors. His pupils are a pure black which comes from his Asian heritage. 

Jessica - 5 feet 9 inches, she weighs around 182 pounds. Jessica spends hours of her day outside practicing her martial arts meaning she has tough dark skin and most of her body is covered in a healthy layer of muscle and fat. Her hair is long, about half way down her back though she usually keeps it in a tight bun; its color is a bright whitish blond. Her eye color is an average dark brown. She doesn't have a particularly large bust being only around a B-Cup. She has wide hips and a tight yet shapely arse. - Backstory - Jessica graduated from an American Hero Academy at the age of 18. She hero'd around in America until the age of 20 where she achieved the status of the 8th Strongest Hero. It was around that time that she moved to the Asias to advance her martial arts repertoire. She spent four years traveling from each Asian country to the next copying different disciplines. During her time in Japan she was hired as a private bodyguard by Yuuto Shinrin. While under his employ they discussed their quirks and decided to try and have a baby with the ultimate quirk. During their marriage they have genuinely fallen in love. 

Yuuto - 5 feet 3 inches, he weighs around 140 pounds. Yuuto is the owner of a multi billion dollar business so he spends most of his day sitting at a desk filing papers, which lead him to having ghostly pale skin. He has short brick brown hair that he usually keeps gelled to the side, he has pure black pupils. When he isn't working he would usually spend time with his wife, whether it be practicing martial arts to keep a healthy body or simply cuddling on a couch. He has a slim slightly muscular physique despite not having much time to exercise, this is thanks to an intense ten minute health program catered to him made by Jessica. In his younger years Yuuto like most kids and young adults dreamed of being a hero. However, his father quashed his dream quickly with harsh insults and forcing Yuuto to go to a reputable business college. Despite, his dreams being crushed Yuuto still found other ways to help hero's and the common public by starting a technology company under his families business. Since taking over the business Yuuto has lead it being on of the richest in the country, he also runs one of the top three hero gadget brands. Thanks to his quirk - Duplicate - Yuuto is able to duplicate rare and expensive materials and items. One of his favorite business moves is to create a single advanced device that is extremely difficult to reproduce and the duplicate a hundred or so times, and then sell it to the top hero's around the world. 

Amanda - 5 feet 4 inches, weighs around 150 pounds. Amanda is distantly related to Jessica through her mother's side of the family. She moved to Japan at the age of 17 in order to join one of the best art colleges in the world and pursue her dream of being an author and comic creator. When she moved to Japan she got in contact with Jessica who offered her a job as a maid, it wasn't until the day before Daichi's fourth birthday that Amanda learned she was supposed to be Daichi's personal maid. Her quirk is Imagination Drawing, which allows her to perfectly replicate a daydream into art form (provided she had the necessary tools), the more detailed her daydream the better the drawing or painting. Like Jessica, Amanda has whitish blonde hair, though hers is longer and wavier, hanging down to just above her rump. Her eyes are also a steel grey, a color she gets from her father's side of the family. Amanda spends most of her time drawing and reading, and very little time exercising so she is slightly on the plump side with large breasts and meaty butt and thighs. 

Andreas Black - 6 feet 1 inch, 200 pounds, he isn't particularly overweight and has surprisingly muscular arms. His hair lives up to his namesake and is pure black while his eyes are a brownish green.  Andreas was an American teacher with a passion for Japanese culture history. After working for a decade to save up money he finally decided to move to Japan and become an English teacher. He can speak both English and Japanese fluently. His quirk is Long Distance Hearing, which allows him to hear up to a mile away. One of his favorite jokes is that he can hear a gnat fart.

Kaito Watanabe - Kaito is a 5 feet 5 inches tall old man with with spiky, wild, short hair. He has a hunched back making him look a lot shorter than he is. Kaito has been a math teacher since he was 20 years old and he had retired at the age of 66, it took only 1 year for him to realize he hated the dull nature of retirement and decided to look for more work. That's when he was approached by Yuuto to be Daichi's private tutor. Kaito has a quirk that allows him to grow chalk from his fingers, any color. 

Yuno Ito - Yuno is around thirty years old, she is 5 feet 2 inches tall. Her hair is a long and straight, and a blackish blue, her eyes are a color similar to Daichi's and Yuuto's, pure black. Yuno, is an archaeologist with zero experience teaching, she is however confident that she can teach a four year old her best area of study. Yuno is plump kind of attractive, but she's so focused on her work that she rarely dates or dates. 

 

14