Chapter 5 – ( I can’t think of a good name for this chapter, so just treat it as a spoiler title or something. )
779 14 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day after his and Amanda's sexual exploration Daichi was beyond pumped to exercise with Stanford, he'd never realized how much he'd needed someone to work out with. That's why at 7:50 A.M. exactly Daichi was waiting on Stanford's property's version of Daichi's brood peak. 10 minutes later Stanford walked up onto the peak, he saw Daichi doing stretches to warm up.

" Ah wonderful, you're early, and already doing stretches! I wish I had recruits like you back when I was in the army. "

" You were in the army? " 

Stanford started his own stretches while  he answered.

" I was a United States Marine for eighty years. "

" EIGHTY YEARS‽ "

" Yep. "

Daichi stared incredulously at the old man who casually continued his stretches without even looking at Daichi. The red-headed boy opened his mouth as though to ask a question, but he realized that it would of been rude because it was a question about Stanford's quirk. As a basic courtesy people don't ask strangers about their quirks. 

It was around 3 minutes later that both had finished their stretching and decided to exercise. 

" So, how do you usually start your regime? I'll take your lead today. "

" With a run through the forest. Usually I can zone out since I know the forest well enough, though since we're on your property I'll have to actually concentrate. "

" That works for me. Though little tip, don't tell strangers your habits, they can easily use them to kill you. If an assassin heard that you zone out while running they'd have studied your path for around a week to discover the optimal place to kill you. "

Stanford's blunt tone and advice made Daichi blanch a little, but when Stanford started running Daichi re-focused and got to running. Stanford had considerably longer steps than Daichi so the perverted boy was having to use a lot more effort than he normally did in order to keep up. He had finished his normal distance in barely more half the time,  and by then he was a whole lot sweatier than normal while breathing a lot harder. Yet despite that Stanford didn't slow down in the slightest, he was also not at all tired.

Daichi was going to say something, but one look at Stanford's hardened face and Daichi decided against it. The old man looked very intimidating, likely from 50 years in the military. 


By the time the duo had stopped running Daichi felt like he was going to vomit. His entire body felt like it had wind burn including his organs. 

" Man up Daichi, back in my day we didn't take breaks. "

Uhhhhh. "

Daichi could only sigh under his breath, anymore would of hurt. 

" Haha, that's the stuff, nothing is as satisfying as hearing the wills of new recruits breaking. "

Daichi glared at the old man before straightening his back in defiance, clearly he didn't like the accusation that he couldn't handle the exercise. 

" Yes, there's the stuff! Let us continue! "

Four four hours Stanford pushed Daichi harder than the boy had been pushed before, more than once he'd felt like giving up, crying, vomiting or all of the above. But each and every time Stanford would mock and antagonize Daichi, tapping into some primal pride Daichi seemed to hold. 

" You're not half bad kid, you got gusto. "

" You're pretty shitty old man, I haven't felt like dying this bad since my quirk awakened. "

" Oohhh, mutant quirk? Usually only those cause pain on awakening. "

" Something like that. " 

Stanford nodded his head at Daichi's aversion of the question, it was fairly amateurish and he shouldn't of brought it up at all, but at least the kid wasn't stupid enough to spout everything known about his quirk. 

" Well, kid it's about time for you to get home. Remember, drink a lot of water and eat something with a lot of calories and protein. "

" Yeah yeah I know, you don't have to remind me. "

" Are you sure you can fly there? You seem awful tired. "

" I'll be fine, the flight is only a few minutes. "

" Then I'll see you tomorrow. " 

Stanford watched Daichi fly off before he went back into his house. 


Back at Daichi's, Amanda heard a loud bang. She instantly ran outside in worry that something was wrong. She saw Daichi laying on the ground with both his pairs of wings out. 

" OH MY GOD, DAICHI! ARE YOU OKAY‽ "

The poor boy could barely raise his hand to give a thumbs up. Despite his thumbs up Amanda still searched all over Daichi's body to make sure he was okay. She found nothing to hint that he was hurt.

" What happened? "

" Stanford is too much. " 

Amanda smirked. 

" Aww, can poor Daichi not hang with the old man? "

" Screw, you. " 

" Heh, you wish. "

" I do actually, I can't wait till my body produces the hormones that allow me to get aroused so we can have sex. "

Amanda instantly blushed and lost her smirk. She tried responding, but every word came out as a stutter. Eventually she just blushed and looked down. 


1 Month Later


" MOVE MOVE MOVE MOVE! Don't you stop until I tell you to stop! "

Stanford's booming voice seemed to cause the very ground to shake beneath Daichi's feet. Of course, he could be hallucinating due to him not getting enough oxygen in his brain. An intense 50 minute exercise with very few breaks in between the separate workouts will do that.

" Alright, stop, you have three minutes. "

Daichi wanted to collapse right then and there, but he did the required stretching routine that Stanford had given him. 

1 month ago when Daichi had agreed to workout with Stanford, he figured he was going to continue with his usual difficult but mostly casual routine. He never would of thought that Stanford would have convinced him to pick up an exercise routine worthy of soldiers who had been in the military for years. 

The routine had started about a week after Daichi and Stanford had started working out. Daichi's Arch-Angel ability had been mastered, meaning his third pair of wings had been grown1 The Arch-Angel ability was a natural growth type of power. That means that his power grew on it's own, though it was grown faster through intense workout. Not all powers will be like this. . Along with his third set of wings Daichi gained certain other benefits, he grew in height, his face changed slightly to match the anime characters, plus he gained a slight healing factor. The Healing Factor was far from the anime characters, which allowed him to survive his head being blown off, Daichi could only heal a cut in an hour.

Stanford decided, that since Daichi had a new healing factor and a stronger body he would up his workout routine. Unfortunately he couldn't simply make Daichi's original routine longer since it would take up way to much time in the day, so he simply condensed it. He took a previously four hour routine and turned it into a single hour workout, and yet he still somehow kept the same amount of reps per exercise.  

" Alright, I want you to finish up today's workout with some decline push-ups. "

Daichi kicked his legs up onto Stanford's bench and proceeded to do push-ups for the final ten minutes. 

" Alright, great job today Daichi. I'll see tomorrow? "

" Actually, Amanda told me to ask you if you would like to come over for dinner tonight, we're doing steaks. "

Stanford gained a suspicious look, how could he not, he had been in the military for 50 years, he'd been betrayed by more people than some people had made friends. Eventually however he nodded in consent to dinner. 

" Great! Amanda will be so excited. "

With that Daichi grew six wings on his back and flew off.


Around 8 hours later Daichi and Amanda were both sat in their living room waiting on Stanford to show up. Amanda and Daichi had already finished most of the cooking, all they had left was some corn cooking in a skillet with butter. The steak and mashed potatoes were already finished. 

When Amanda got up to take the corn off the fire the two heard a firm knocking sound from the front door. Daichi was obviously the one to answer it since Amanda was in the kitchen. 

At the door was Stanford, obviously, the old man was well dressed as was usual for him. He had clean, pressed pants with zero wrinkles, his shirt was dark green, tucked into his belt, and was as equally a immaculate as his pants. His leather shoes had also been shined recently. Behind the older man was a blue four wheeler which was the main method of travel between the properties that didn't have roads between them. 

" Good evening Stanford, you clean up nice. "

" Heh, this is my usual outfit, after doing a similar process everyday for 80 years I have multiple habits ingrained so deeply in my bones I don't even notice them anymore. "

Daichi shook his head, he couldn't imagine being in the strict military for 80 years.

" Well please come in, the food just came off the oven. "

Stanford stepped into the house and looked around the living room. The house was an old school mixture of Japanese and Western, it was mostly made of a dark colored wood that Stanford didn't know the species of. At first glance Stanford couldn't spot any nails in the walls so he assumed the house was held together on pure joinery2 This is a feature in old Japanese houses. Daichi's house isn't held together through joinery however, his ancestor grew the wood to be together.  . The paper walls of the house had beautiful charcoal designs all over them, they weren't original features of the house, but were drawn in by Amanda. There wasn't much in the way of furniture around the living room, a single couch, there was also only a TV stand with a TV on it. As far as Stanford could tell there was little chance of him being threatened from any object or person in the room. 

The old man and young boy both sat on the couch in slightly awkward silence, the two rarely interacted on a personal level. Truthfully, Daichi liked the old man, he was interesting to workout with and occasionally told good stories, however, he didn't necessarily want him in his house. Unfortunately, Amanda insisted Daichi invite over his new "buddy" and Amanda doesn't take no for an answer when she doesn't want to, that's reinforced when she threatens to cut Daichi off from his "late night exploration".

Before the ambiance could get to tense Amanda came into the room. 

" Alright you two, dinner is ready if you are. "

Both Daichi and Stanford stood up from the couch with smiles on their face, Daichi because he was happy to leave the atmosphere and Stanford because he hadn't had an honest to goodness home cooked meal in nearly 120 years. 

The trio walked into the western dining room3 Western because it has a wooden dining table and chairs, Amanda asked for it. where their was a large feast on the dining table. Multiple steaks, bowls of mashed potatoes, entire plates of buttery rolls and finally multiple cobs of corn.

Stanford seeing the meal couldn't stop himself from whistling in amazement. Truthfully, Stanford had eaten at some of the fanciest restaurants in the world, but nothing could appetize to an old country boy like Stanford more like an American home cooked meal. 

" This looks amazing, girly, Andrew never mentioned you being such an amazing cook. "

" I didn't know she could cook this well . . . What the heck Amanda, why do you never cook this well for me? "

Amanda only giggled shyly with a small blush. Fortunately for her she was used to Daichi making her blush with innuendo so she was able to recuperate quickly.

The three people eagerly dug into the food for about 10-15 minutes, once they ate most of the food on their plated Amanda couldn't help herself from asking Stanford some questions.  

" So Stanford, Daichi hasn't really told me much about you, I was hoping you could "reveal some mysteries" during this dinner. "

Daichi seemed to perk up a little at the mention of Stanford's past. Truthfully, despite having almost daily contact with Stanford for a month Daichi had very little knowledge of Stanford's past.

Stanford noticed Daichi's interest, so he sat down his cutlery and wiped his mouth with a napkin. 

" Well, what would you like to know? "

" Hm, well he mentioned you being in the military for eighty years, I know it's very rude to ask about time served in the military, but I was really hoping you would be willing to talk about it a little. "

" Sure, sure, I've been asked about my time in military a million and one times. Anyway, I guess I should talk about my quirk a little, one of it's functions is that it gives me an increased life span, obviously. Anyway, it also gives me increased speed, strength, stamina, etc. So, when I was young I was a country boy over in America, I didn't know nothing about anything other than farming, suddenly one day I was conscripted. Apparently America had gone and entered into a war. "

Both Daichi and Amanda were listening intently while Stanford talked, they found it interesting how his accent seemed to develop a southern twang the more he talked. 

" I was freaked out of course, one day I'm waking up a 5 a.m. to milk the cows the next day I'm waking up at 5 a.m. to do training. It was around three months before I was sent out to war, I'm sure you both read about the near World War Four4 I feel that in the 200 years or so between our modern times and the My Hero Academia setting their had to be at least one World War if not more. scare that happened around 100 years ago between America, Japan, and a few other countries right? "

The WW4 scare was a vital part of schooling in the countries involved since not only did it wind up with over 42,000 casualties in the months it was active, it also lead to an allegiance between multiple "Superpowers" 5 Countries like America, Russia, China, etc. so both Daichi and Amanda were familiar with it. 

" Well basically, America realized that the situation was dire so they started conscripting young adults within a few weeks of the war starting, I was one of the first conscripted soldiers sent out. Despite that I didn't freak out and die like most of my compatriots, thanks to my quirk I flourished. I quickly gained one of the highest kill counts among the countries and when the war ended the American government basically begged me to stay in the military. I agreed, to this day I still don't know if I do or don't regret decision. Anyway, eighty years later I am basically as high up a character as you can get in the American military and I demanded to be released and be free. After much arguing I was allowed to be let go with many terms that I'm not going to go into. Anyway, I have basically spent the last 20 years traveling from country to country as a sort of wandering vigilante, I have a World-Wide Hero License which basically makes it legal for me to Hero all around the world. "

Hearing that Daichi freaked out.

" You have a World Hero License‽ Only twenty people have a real, unblocked license! "

Which was true, and most of the people who did have the license were dignitaries who acted more like politicians than heroes. The only reason they had the license was so they were allowed to use their quirks with no restrictions. From what Daichi had read the licenses were highly regulated among all countries since the license gave a lot of restricted access in just about every country, it was almost like a "sibling" of Diplomatic Immunity. 

" The real number is actually around thirty, there are multiple agents from various countries who need to have the WHL (World Hero License). Anyway, I was able to pull a lot of strings in a lot of places and get my own WHL. "

" So what countries have you gone to and helped in? "

" Mostly third world countries, areas of Africa, South America, a few islands, hell I've even been to a few rural Mongolian countries. My main process is to find out an area in some country that is particularly infested with crime then I go in and wipe it out. Unfortunately to do that usually means to kill the worst of the criminals since the local governments where I do most of my work are often corrupt up the ass. "

Stanford went on to talk for hours about dozens of stories, about unique and powerful quirks he'd fought and beaten, beautiful and sometimes legendary sites he'd seen. The more Daichi'd heard the more inspired he'd become. Truthfully Daichi had never had particular thoughts to heroes and villains, long ago the boy had stopped thinking of the world in black and white and had come to accept that there are millions of more shades. After all, his own mother, who was once a top ten hero willingly abandoned him because he didn't have the quirk she wanted. So for him to hear Stanford talk about "true justice" made Daichi develop a potent feeling of heroism. Which meant by the end of the dinner Stanford was in for quite the surprise of a kneeling Daichi on the floor screaming " Please Teach Me‽ "

The poor old man had never been met with such a situation, the only people to have ever asked him to teach them were arrogant paupers who "mommy's" and "daddy's" were heroes and they wanted to be heroes too. Unfortunately, none of those kids had the balls to handle any of the training Stanford enacted upon their being. However, out of all of those punks who'd asked him before, none of them had been sincere enough to get on the floor and beg. 

Despite that however Daichi was only 6 years and some months old, so Stanford was a little less than willing to take him as a student. On the other hand, Daichi was a very dedicated and hard working child, Stanford had seen so with his own eyes, so he didn't want to just outright say no. So he did the next best thing. 

" If you can pass. . . 8 tests before I leave in eight months then I will take you with me as a student- "

" Hold on-hold on-hold on, hold on. Are you actually considering taking a 6 year old child around the world to fight and murder criminals‽ "

" If he can pa-"

" NO! The correct answer is, NO! "

Before Stanford could respond Daichi held up his hand and said. 

" Stanford, I've got this, you just think up the tests and give me the list tomorrow. "

Stanford stared at the fiery haired boy for a couple seconds before stiffly nodding. 

" Then I suppose I should be heading out, Amanda it was a lovely dinner and is something I have been missing for years. Thank you. "

Amanda simply glared, she couldn't believe the nerve of the man to even consider taking Daichi out in such a dangerous world specifically to seek out danger. 


After Stanford left Amanda angrily cleaned up the kitchen, Daichi watched her somewhat amused. Eventually she had gotten everything cleaned up and put away so she stomped to the couch and stared angrily at the shut off television. Eventually Daichi sighed and walked up behind the young blonde woman and started rubbing her shoulders. 

" Amanda, I know its sounds dangerous. "

" Sounds, SOUNDS‽ Daichi you would be hunting down criminals who have killed dozens, maybe hundreds. They are the worst of the worst of the worst. "

" Amanda, do you know why I want to join Stanford for the heroics? "

" No, I can't comprehend why'd you want to follow an old man around the world chasing criminals and villains. "

" Amanda, do you know how many times I've felt the palpitations of excitement in my chest since my parents essentially disowned me? Four times, when I discovered my quirk, when we discovered the secret cave, we you let me experiment sexually, and just now, when Stanford was describing his version of heroics. Amanda, I can't describe to you how boring life is for me, every day it's the same thing. I wake up, I work out, I study, I eat, and I watch anime. Every day, it gets harder for me to wake up, work out, study, eat, and watch anime. I'm six years old and depressed Amanda. Honestly if it wasn't for you I'd be dead, I'd of probably killed myself two years ago. "

At that point Amanda was crying and Daichi felt like shit for making her sad.

" Amanda, I really want to travel with Stanford, please, let me at least try to pass his tests? "

Amanda could only nod her head while crying still and Daichi could only continue rubbing her shoulders, and that's how they stayed late into the night. 

 

 

file:///C:/Users/me/Pictures/Daichi%20Angel%20Wing.png

 

 

 

About where Daichi's wings would be.

This is kind of the set up of Daichi's wings. Please keep in mind that I am not an artist and that I am not particularly good with computers so please use your imagination for it. Just imagine angel wings on those places on Daichi's back.

5