The Coratians II
649 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Verlin sat up from the pool of sedatives, artificially intensified gravity within the containment chamber was unable to hinder his movements. He quickly recollected everything that had happened before he lost conciousness. He had managed to stop phobos from impacting earth, but as he was about to push it back into Mar's orbit he had been attacked, and nearly killed.

Verlin quick stood up from the pool of sedatives, destroying the contraption that was draining him of his energy. His eyes glowed with a intense light orange colour. He looked at the surroundings and could see the room he was in was just seperated from the rest of the ship. 

He wasn't going to let them leave without any consequences, he easily moved through the intense gravity of the containment room and burst through the hull of the the containment room and into the main ship. And just as he bare feet landed on the main ship it disappered completely from the solar system it reappearing light-years away in an instant, taking Verlin along with it.

Without caring for the damage done to the ship Verlin moved deeper into ship. Verlin wasn't sure what these aliens were capable of, but he was certain they couldn't attack with the same intensity as they had before. He levitated off and peered through the ship's layers with his X-ray vision, locating the control center and something unexpected - a group of several species from earth were held captive including humans and enhanced humans. Verlin squinted his eyes making his decision as he made his way through the labyrinthine corridors towards them.

Moving through the ship Verlin inevitabley ran into a Coratian which seemed to have been patrolling the halls. Verlin was momentarily taken aback by their towering stature. The alien's physique was 3 meters tall and slender, with skin of a pale, grey hue and four slender arms. Its massive black eyes, devoid of any discernible emotion, locked onto Verlin.

Before the alien could utter a sembelence of noise, Verlin appeared in front of it, and grabbed it by the neck. Due to the aliens larger frame he couldn't quite get a good grip around its neck, but it was enough to suffocate it. Staring into its abyss like eyes, Verlin could see his own reflection, his eyes blazed with a flaming orange hue as he questioned, "Why did you attack me?"

His voiced caring a heavy tone, as the force of his tone shook the hallway causing the lights to flicker. Verlin's grip tightened as he awaited a response, but the alien, overpowered and dazed by the lingering sedatives, could offer no reply. Its body slumped in Verlin's hold, unconscious before it could utter a sound.

Frustrated but undeterred, Verlin released the Coratian from his grip and as the coratian dropped to the ground, an alarm echoed through the ship. Verlin glanced at a surveillance camera, its lens fixated on him, ignoring the alarm sounding he swiftly disappeared from camera's view and in little to no time appeared at the door to were the captives of earth were contained.

Meanwhile Zykar watched as the alien that had infiltrated their ship disappear from the camera's view. He turned to the floating image of Admiral Varyx, who had been observing the situation. "Admiral, it seems as though we have underestimated this creature," Zykar reported with a mix of frustration and awe. "It seems heading towards the containment area where the Earth specimens and the god seeds are held."

Admiral Varyx's expression remained unchanged, "Commander Zykar, you have served the empire well during your 250 cycles of service. And your attempts of capturing this creature will not go without merits."

Admiral Varyx's words hung heavy in the command center. Zykar, could tell the underlying meaning behind Admiral Varyx's words, but he remained steadfast. His loyalty to the Coratian Empire was unwavering, even in the face of certain death.

"Understood, Admiral," Zykar replied solemnly. "We will do our duty to the end. But what about the god seeds?"

Admiral Varyx's response was cold and calculated. "The god seeds are invaluable, but not irreplaceable, there are many more on Earth than can take their place. Our primary objective is to ensure that the creature does not return to Earth with knowledge of our technology, and for that to happen you know what must be done."

Zykar nodded, accepting his fate with a stoic resolve. "I will initiate the self-destruct sequence," he confirmed, his voice steady. Even as the crew in the command center were aware of what was to come, they maintained their composure, their training and dedication to the Coratian Empire evident in their unwavering commitment.

Admiral Varyx muttered to himself, "It seems those reinforcements will be necessary."

Back at the containment door, Verlin looked at the door that was guarded by several drones. Wasting no time, he used a move he rarely used - his freeze breath. The drones were instantly encased in ice, becoming immobile. With a swift motion, Verlin shattered them, clearing the path to the door.

He forced the massive door open, revealing the captives of Earth that were held in statis pods along with several Coratian scientists. One of the Coratians bulkier in frame charged towards Verlin with a weapon drawn, Verlin shot a blast of heat vision at its legs and watched as momentum carried it forward, falling helplessly infront of Verlin. Verlin took a step to the side and swung his hand vertically completely seperating the Coratians head from its body.

Verlin looked at his hand and watched as the blue blood dripped to the floor. Before the drop of blood hit the ground, He turned his gaze back at the rest of the coratians in the room and shot a blast of heat vision at each of them, ending their lives swiftly.

Verlin scanned the ship for a hangar where smaller ships were kept, he quickly found it and started transporting the statis pods from the labatory in the harbor. Any form of resistance along the way was swiftly dealt with. Verlin found a suitable escape craft. The vessel was small and unlike the main ship wasn't shape like a skull, but was more in shape of a futuristic arrowhead. He loaded all the statis pods in the vessel, before forcefully opening up the hatch and pushed the smaller ship a reasonable distance away from the main ship.

Once the smaller ship was safely away from the main vessel, Verlin looked around and noticed that he was no longer in the solar system, he looked around using his telescopic vision and could spot the Earth which was almost 7 light years away from their current position. Verlin took another look at the skull like space ship and flew directly into it, this time going straight for the control center of the ship.

Zykar was saying his final goodbye's to his crew when Verlin broke into the command room. Seeing there was no time life Zykar tried activating the self destruct button, But verlin was much quicker and appeared beside him, grabbing and destroying the arm reaching for the button, he slammed the commanders head into the floor and asked with his eyes glowing, " Answer me. Who are you? and why did you attack me?" 

However, before Zykar could muster any response, his body succumbed to the lingering effects of the sedatives, rendering him unconscious. Verlin, realizing he wouldn't get his answers from Zykar, couldn't help but curse under his breath, "Damn it."

 Verlin turned to the floating screen and said, " Are you the one in charge?"

The Coratian on the screen spoke some words he couldn't understand, but the more the coratian spoke, the more and more Verlin could find patterns in their speech and decipher what he was saying. Just as he was about to make out what he was saying, the rest of the screw members took a knee all muttering the same thing, " For the Empire."

In the next moment the ship's self destruct sequence was completed, sending a massive explosion that encompassed the ship in its entirety, Verlin watched as the Coratians were turned into ash by the heat wave of the explosion, and as pieces of the ship were shot out into the vast emptiness of space.

As the explosion's glow faded into the cosmic backdrop, Verlin found himself adrift in the quiet expanse of space. The fiery orange in his eyes dimmed, mirroring the calm that settled around him. He weaved through the space debris, his focus set on locating the escape craft he had earlier sent off. As he navigated through the debris, Verlin's mind was a whirlwind of thoughts.

Although not fully comprehending the language of the Coratians, Verlin is able to piece together what the alien on the floating screen had said. He might have missed the chance for a direct questioning, but their words echoed clear: " Enjoy the brief freedom you have now creature, you along with the god seeds will be captured and made use for the sake of the empire."

These words weighed heavily on Verlin as he located the escape craft, or at least what remained of it, the self destruct must have been applied to everything that was on the ship, including the smaller space crafts. 

Verlin's heart sank as he discovered the mangled remains of the escape craft, He had hoped to use it to teleport back into Earth's solar system, not to mention the other captives, all that remained was the incomplete bodies of some enhanced humans and their bodies seem to have lost all signs of life.

Verlin looked towards the cosmos and could see Earth in the distance, He was sure it must be several light years away, he looked around and found another star system much closer to his current location but in the opposite direction from were Earth is. He took a millisecond to make a decision before he dissapeared from where he was and headed straight for the blue dot in the distance.

Verlin wasn't sure how fast he could move in the vaccum of space, but he knows he had attained light speed after the miniature supernova he had created on Venus. He quickly surpassed the speed of light and kept on accelerating until he could feel the strain on his body, and eventaully stabilized his speed. 

' I must be moving more than 110 times the speed of light ', He thought to himself. This was a speed he thought would have been impossible. If he had known he could move this fast, he would have dodged the sneak attack from those Aliens. He made up his mind to start frequently testing his ablities if not he would keep limiting himself with outdated information of his capabilities. 

But even at the speed he was going the Earth was still more than 7 light years away. It would take him slightly over 22 days to reach Earth. Fortunately for him, he didn't need oxygen to survive otherwise he might have really died. And the time it takes for him to get back would be enough time for him to formulate a plan, and once he got back to earth he would need to find out what exactly these god seeds are.

 
 

15