Council Strategies
587 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the oppressive atmosphere of Venus, the sound of Verlin's hammering broke the silence. Each strike from his fist unleashed a force so immense it echoed across Venus' barren plains and looming mountains.

With every impact, massive heatwaves radiated outwards for several hundred kilometers, sending a cascade of vibrations through the planet's dense atmosphere. With every hit, the material glowed brighter, its structure altering under the unimaginable force. It transformed, compacting and reshaping, its molecular structure realigning to form something new, something stronger. The air around the impact site shimmered with heat, the intense temperature creating a mirage-like effect.

Occasionally he would hit the kryptonium with steadily increasing blast of heat vision, which at this time had temperatures that could reach a million degrees Celsius. It served to compress the material even further, each wave of heat applying an immense and even pressure that molecularly altered and strengthened the forming Kryptonium V2. The materials glowed a bright, molten orange, their edges blurring as they began to meld and transform under the extraordinary conditions.

This process was not just a physical phenomenon but a visual spectacle. The release of energy with each strike lit up the Venusian sky, painting it with hues of red, orange, and yellow. The constant impacts adding more displaced debris into the rings of Venus.

The landscape around the impact site bore the marks of this incredible process. A vast crater 30 km in diameter, its edges melted and fused by the heat, formed the epicenter of Verlin's work. Around it, the ground was scarred and vitrified, the planets crust around the crater had been cracked and disfigured. These patterns glowed faintly, residual heat trapped in their structure, a testament to the forces that had been unleashed.

As the final piece of Kryptonium V2 was forged, the planet seemed to exhale, the tremors subsiding and the heat dissipating. Verlin rose into the sky and released a huff of his frost breath, the armor and the surrounding area temperature started dropping. The newly created alloy, now cooling and solidifying, lay at the center of the crater.

Verlin stood amidst the devastation he had wrought, his gaze fixed upon the newly created Kryptonium V2, now shaped into the form of armor. The vast crater surrounding him was a stark reminder of the immense power he had to unleashed to forge this extraordinary material.

The Kryptonium V2, now cooled and hardened, had taken on the form of a sleek, imposing suit, perfectly tailored to Verlin's physique. As he approached the armor, Verlin could still feel the residual heat emanating from it, a gentle warmth that contrasted with the searing heat of its creation. 

Verlin inspected the armor, admiring the precision with which each component had been crafted. The material, once glowing molten orange, was now a complex array of interlocking plates and joints, offering both flexibility and unparalleled resilience. Verlin touched and pinched at the surface of the armor, he could still feel like he could rip it apart but this wasn't a problem.

He had never expected the armor to provide defense comparable to his own skin, but as long as it could buy him a second or even a millisecond of time, it will have served its purpose. Verlin didn't rush to put it on he still had to install several technological components into the armor. And that would be for when he returned back to Earth, he still had to make the parts to recreate the alien technology he had encountered.

This process would be much less time consuming than creating the armor, and with that he got to work in making the parts and with super speed it didnt take long for him to assemble the pieces down to the smallest circuitry.

All he had to do now was get all the parts back to Earth and start building the devices. Safely stowing the armor and the meticulously assembled components into a resilient container, specifically designed to withstand the rigors of space travel.

Verlin picked up the container and headed for space, soaring away from the Venusian landscape, past Venus' rings and into space. The trip back to earth will be much longer as the container can't even withstand moving at light speed and given the distance it would take him an hour and a couple minutes to reach earth.

Verlin looked at Earth, quickly calculated the amount of force and trajectory he had to push the container to ensure it reached Earth safely without exceeding the speed that the container could withstand. With a precise, calculated thrust, Verlin gently propelled the container forward.

Now, he wouldn't have to waste time accompanying the container at a slower pace. Verlin, moving at incredible speeds, flew ahead of the container, clearing the path of any potential hazards. Any meteor that would have crossed paths with the container were completely destroyed. Ensuring no accidents would happen, all he had to do was wait for the container to arrive.

Verlin re-entered Earth's atmosphere and quickly descended to the Pyramid of solitude, As he landed gracefully in front of the Pyramid, the doors opened silently, as he moved back into the command center. 

"How are the schematics coming along?"

Desna stayed silent for a bit before saying, " You've only been gone for 20 minutes Verlin, I haven't yet been able to breakdown the technology you discovered. Most of the designs are completely new to my database. It might take sometime to figure out how it all works."

Verlin tilted his head slightly, "Approximately how long?"

Desna took a moment to calculate, its digital interface flickering with rapid computations. "Given the complexity and novelty of the technology alongside the expansion to the laws of physics, it could take several days, perhaps even weeks to fully understand"

Verlin's eyes squinted slightly as he muttered to himself, 'Too long.'

It had already taken him 22 days to get back to Earth, there was no telling how long they had before the aliens attacked.

"Perhaps when we assemble the devices we can get more of a practical understanding," Verlin mused, " The parts should reach Earth in about an hour and 10 mins, until then lets continue with theoretical analysis."

"Alright" Desna hummed back in acknowledgement.

Desna and Verlin stayed in the command center trying to put the puzzle pieces together. For several minutes they both worked on the schematics, until the pyramid recieved a call from Chloe.

Verlin quickly answered the call and asked, "So, does Alexander have any information about the god seeds?"

"I'm not sure, he said he would prefere if you guys had a conversation in person."

Verlin raised an eyebrow, " Why would we need to meet in person for such a simple question? "

"I think it has more to do with phobos, and the alien spaceship among other things."

'Oh, right. That happened.' Verlin thought to himself, he had been so focused on creating contermeasures that he had forgotten Earth had almost underwent mass extinction. The humans might not have noticed, at least the regular citizens. But the Hidden Society was aware of it and even prepared to bring all the enhanced humans into their headquarters.

" Alright, tell Alexander I'll be there shortly."

"Will do."

After the call ended, Verlin immediately left the pyramid and flew towards space, before long he was in the are above the Hidden Society HQ. He plunged down head first into the surface of the ocean leaving a huge splash in his wake. He continued to descend till he was 8km deep into them ocean where the HQ was located.

Verlin waited at the massive entrance gates of the HQ for a couple of seconds before the doors were opened. He floated in as the door sealed shut behind him. The water in the room was swiftly drained away as the inner door was opened, and awaiting him on the other side was Chloe.

" Well, that was quick." Chloe remarked.

"Yeah, I only have about 1 hour of free time before I have to go back to space. I don't have alot of time to spare." 

"You're going back to space again? You'd think after spending 2 weeks straight up there you'd get sick of it." Chloe said as she started walking deeper into the base.

"It won't take long, I just need to get some parts to build some devices. I've had my fair share of space exploration for now anyways." Verlin replied as followed behind her.

Chloe smiled slightly, leading Verlin through the bustling corridors of the Hidden Society HQ. "Fair enough," she said, glancing over her shoulder at him. " I'm not sure whether to call you lucky or unlucky. On one hand you get kidnapped and taken out of the solar system. On the other hand, you're the only person I know that could survive in space for so long."

Verlin fell silent for a moment before responding, " Perhaps its a bit of both."

Chloe nodded in agreement, " Perhaps, "

They reached a disclosed room where Alexander was waiting. Chloe stayed behind but gave a slight nod to Verlin as he walked into the room. Inside, the room was spacious and sparsely furnished, resembling a conference room with a minimalist design. There were 8 people seated, including Alexander and the other 6 council members. The last one Verlin recognized as the one who counted the votes when the enhanced humans had a vote about the war.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice, Verlin," Alexander began as he gestured for Verlin to take a seat.

Seeing Verlin take a seat, Alexander continued, " We've been paying close attention to the recent activities. I would like to first thank you for saving the Earth by redirecting Phobos. Without your efforts most life on the planet would have been wiped out."

Verlin nodded his head and remained silent. Alexander continued, "The Aliens that moved Phobos, are you by any chance..."

Before Alexander could finish his sentence Verlin replied, " I have no relation to them, Alexander. I had been nearly killed by them."

When he finished the sentence Verlin could notice the attention of Alexander and the council members were subetly turn to the announcer whom nodded slightly. Although they tried not to show it, it was painfully obvious to him.

Alexander continued, " That's a relief to hear."

Verlin raised an eyebrow slightly. Seeing Verlin's reaction Alexander quickly added, " I meant, knowing that we are on the same sides, not that you had nearly died."

"I see," Verlin replied, acknowledging the clarification.

" We currently know nothing about the enemy, and although you were attacked. You are the only one with any contact with them."

One of the council members butted in, " We need information about them, since you came out in one piece, surely you would know a thing or two."

Verlin turned his head towards the council member who had spoken. "My encounter with them was short. When they captured me I was unconcious from their previous attack, but I do know they have technology several dozen centuries ahead of humans. By the time I had regained conciousness I was already 7 light years away."

The council members exchanged looks of astonishment, and concern. Alexander leaned forward, his expression grave. "Seven light years away... In such a short period of time."

Alexander knows a thing or two about teleportation, to cross such a distance the energy required was unimaginable. " Given that you returned so soon, I take it that you have somehow acquired some of their technology."

Verlin shook his head, "Soon after I regained conciousness, they self destructed the entire ship to prevent me from salvaging any of their technology."

Alexander sighed in dissapointment, " That's unfortunate. But how did you manage to return to Earth then? If the ship was destroyed and you were so far away, there must have been some way for you to travel back."

"I flew back."

Despite the trace of doubt in their eyes, Verlin remained unwaivered. He understood that his abilities, while extraordinary, were difficult for most people to fully understand. Even to him, he had thought nothing could move faster than the speed of light until he did.

"Is there anything else I can assist with?" Verlin asked, redirecting the focus of the meeting.

Alexander, regaining his professional demeanor, nodded. "Yes, we need to discuss the potential threat these aliens pose. Given their advanced technology, we must prepare for a variety of scenarios."

"You could try to make a plan but there isn't enough time to formulate a detailed strategy without knowing more about their technology."

"So you expect us to do nothing?" said one of the council members, his tone reflecting a mix of frustration and disbelief.

"I'll deal with the alien threat myself. With the gap in technology I don't think the hidden society is ready for that kind of battle." 

Seeing his statement had dampened the mood of the room. Verlin stood up, the weight of responsibility clear in his expression. "I understand your concerns," he addressed the council. "However, I haven't come back completely empty-handed. I had managed to memorize the structure of the ship from the inside out."

Alexander expression brightened, "Verlin, such information is vital, if we could reverse engineer their technology, we could find weakness."

 Verlin nodded in agreement, " I can draw out a detailed schematic for you if you wish, but I also need some information." 

Alexander responded with interest, "Absolutely, we'll take whatever you can provide. What information do you need?"

Verlin leaned forward, his expression serious, "Does the term 'god seeds' ring a bell? Its one of the objects the aliens were after."

Alexander went into deep thought before shaking his head, " The term is unfamiliar, but perhaps its a synonym for something we know. Is there a description of what it is?"

Verlin thought back to what the extra terrestial had said, and couldn't recall any details of the god seeds he might have overlooked "Unfortunately, there was no specific description. All I know is that they were of significant importance to the aliens."

Alexander nodded solemnly. "I see. That's not much to go on, but it's a start. The term 'god seeds' itself suggests something with immense potential. We'll conduct a thorough investigation to see if it matches any known artifacts, myths, or technologies in our archives."

"If you do find anything please let me know, any Information would be helpful."

"Absolutely," Alexander assured him. "We'll have a team searching any possible leads."

Verlin nodded, "I'll start working on those schematics right away. I'll just need some tools to draw out the schematics."

"Ofcourse." Alexander turned to the announcer, " Mike, Prepare a workspace for Verlin with all necessary materials and technology he may need for his work."

Verlin shook his head, " That won't be necessary, I won't need much time to draw the schematics, just a pen and paper will do."

Mike understood the assignment and quickly left the room to get the materials. Meanwhile Verlin and The rest of the council members were left in silence.

Although he was willing to provide them with information of the alien technology, Verlin didn't really think they would be able to reverse engineer anything useful in time. But perhaps he was wrong, he had yet to see the full extent of the Hidden Societies technology. Maybe they would be able to make heads or tails of the intricate alien schematics he was about to provide.

As Mike returned with a pen and paper, Verlin took them and began sketching with remarkable speed, pushing the limits of what the paper could endure without igniting from the friction. Verlin made sure to add as much detail to the schematics as possible and because of the size of the ship, he had to make several pages worth of drawings, minimized in scale.

After completing the final drawing, Verlin looked up, his eyes meeting Alexander's. "These schematics represent the sum of what I was able to observe. 

Alexander nodded, his gaze fixed on the stack of schematics. Each drawing seemed "This is incredible work, Verlin. Your ability to recall with such detail is impeccable."

"Thanks, well I have to get going. Hopefully these can help you out in someway. You can always contact me if you find discover something."

Alexander continued looking down at the schematics and answered, "Certainly."

After Verlin walked out of the room, everyone's attention shifted to Mike, One of the council members spoke up, " So?"

"From what my abilities tell me, There was no lie in what he said." Mike said, looking at the council members.

"So, what you're saying is, there is a being on this planet capable of moving several times faster than light?" said one of the council members in disbelief.

"And he was captured." Another one spoke up.

"Alex, I think we should consider evacuating the planet. This doesn't sound like a battle that can be fought."

Alexander shook his head in response, " We aren't going to abandon Earth. You guys of people should know enhanced humans can't reproduce, if we were to leave Earth our species will inevitablely die out in space."

"We have to defend our planet no matter the cost. "Alexander said as he turned his attention to the council member that had kept silent through the entire endeavor, George. The enhanced human that had been the backbone of scientific discovery for the Hidden Society. "George come take a look at these schematics and see if you can understand what it makes out." 

George approached the schematics with a keen eye. After a lengthy examination, George finally spoke, "These schematics are unlike anything I've ever seen. The level of technology here is not just advanced; it's revolutionary. It appears to be based on principles of physics that are not yet understood by us. The alien was right, there's no way we can reverse engineer this type of technology in time. It would take months if not years to get a glimpse into it."

George was simply astonished, He had thought that the human like alien was just arrogant, but now, faced with the tangible evidence of a technology so advanced it bordered on the incomprehensible. " Amanda may be right, our best option would be to leave the planet. A battle with another species with this level of understanding of the universe is simply suicide."

Alexander's face darkened at the news, "Leaving Earth is not an option," Alexander firmly stated, his voice echoing through the room.

Amanda spoke up, " Alex, you heard what George said, You don't serious expect us to put the fate of our entire species on an alien we've been in contact with for less than a year."

Alexander lowered his head slightly, remaining silent. Amanda continued and pointed a finger at him, "Alex, you have been the leader of the hidden society for more than 400 years now. Your duty is it ensure the continuity of the enhanced humans no matter the cost. Even if its difficult , It's up to you to make the hard decisions."

Alexander sighed under his breathe as he opened his eyes that seemed to find clarity, " You're right Amanda, our job is to protect the Hidden Society. Although we won't make a decision to leave Earth at the moment. We can prepare for it."

17