Where Am I?
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ancient green and brown thick-trunk trees stood upright and dignified all around him. In the topmost branches, glimpses of black, dark gray, and slightly paler hues of gray could be made out. However, this strange existence had no hint of blue or signs of sunlight.

The last thing Grey could recall was being in his study. He'd been drinking a nice hot steaming cup of tea while reading a novel rattling on about an outrageous scenario. The details now escaped his mind. "Goodness, this is not something I thought would happen for at least another decade."

At least in this place, he'd landed on a somewhat grassy area, but enough rocks struck him hard in unpleasant areas. That, of course, triggered his body to automatically shapeshift so that he wouldn't remain injured. "Dammit, I'm a centaur again?" A sigh escaped him. "Now, what does this presage for me?"

World hopping was something familiar to Grey. However, he didn't appreciate this type of situation without warning whatsoever. "Tyger, Dranthus, you'd better come up with an explanation sometime shortly for this," Grey grumbled beneath his breath.

Since he couldn't feel the energies of those spirits, he knew they had nothing to do with this situation. That didn't bode well for the future. He tapped his fingers against one of the trunks and then spread his fingers across the prickly bark. "Guess I'd better commune with something to get some answers about this place."

It took him a bit to get some concrete images. However, the one thing that concerned him was the sight of royal garments, females and males galore, and he was in the center. "Oh, wonderful, so I am a central figure in this mess?" He hated those kinds of scenarios. It meant someone, likely him, would have to sacrifice his life to depart from this world. "Well, if it means light can be restored here, I don't think it'll be bad. Who knows what adventures I'll have here?" He needed to think positively about the situation if anything else he'd learned over the centuries.

*

The Oracle Reader surveyed Samira with a frown. "You're distracted with material worries." Her tone was dismissive. "Soon, worldly ideas such as marriage won't have much concern for you. As for that fiancé of yours. He isn't as pure as you want to believe."

Eh, when had Samira believed her fiancé pure? He was a male. None of the feline males had any notion of purity or faithfulness. However, Samira merely bowed her head. "I would receive your mission regarding the summons given to me, Oracle Reader." She politely made her urgency noticeable.

The Oracle Reader sighed. "Very well then. I hope you keep that thought in mind once the details are given to you."

Samira was puzzled. "I am ready to hear what you wish to tell me." After all, she was the one for whom the most challenging missions were set upon.

There was a dubious silence, and then the Oracle Reader began speaking. As she listened, Samira's heart sank. This was no ordinary mission, she feared.

It was the one they all dreaded the most. It would bring about great glory and the restoration of Brilliance or the final destruction, and the world detonated. All life lost.

Samira didn't even bother to sigh. She did wait to see whether or not the Oracle Reader was finished.

The Oracle Reader regarded her with disgruntlement and extreme dissatisfaction. Samira's demeanor angered her, but the girl didn't care. She listened politely to the instructions given to her. "I'm done. You're dismissed. Good luck with your mission. This individual isn't as starry-eyed as the others you've come across. He knows what his role likely is in this situation."

That last part was a shocker to Samira. She merely bowed her head in appropriate reverence. "I've received the summons, accepted the orders and the mission. I shall depart to retrieve the individual within the Oracle Reader's perception." She rose and exited without another word.

The Oracle Reader shook her head. "That arrogant young lady is about to receive the shock of her life." She shrugged. "Then again, maybe it is best that she has it now before she marries that disgusting male degenerate of the feline species."

Once orders were relayed to Samira Kelos, she didn't waste time exiting the shrine from the royal palace Kelos-Danzig. However, Samira didn't relish this particular order. Unusual nervous drained moisture from her throat. She hurried down the steps and headed north. Why, of all times, had this summons arrived? Samira fumed. It was the worst timing possible. Her fiancé, Xanthos, finally returned from a diplomatic journey to the Volcanus Range and brought terrible news. This summons could be linked to it.

No matter. Samira would've preferred lazing in the palace with her fiancé. Of late, there'd been far too many humanoid females appearing. She wasn't the only one feeling threatened at their arrival. A sigh escaped her. "Why am I feeling so nervous right now?" She wondered.

After all, it was just another humanoid. There was nothing different about this person than the others. Or so she'd thought before receiving details of her mission.

Now, while racing through the tree branches, Samira pondered on some of the foggier details and grimaced. "Well, since he's humanoid, he should be easy to find in the forests." Then again, what male could turn into a vampiric centaur? That was one detail Samira found very hard to believe. Though she came across him faster than anticipated and nearly fell out of the tree, she arrived at a skidding halt on discovering him.

Goodness, he was a centaur, but this one was dressed. His hair blazed with the brightness that made her cringe. How he looked around in confusion, and tiny red droplets of blood dripping from his head and arms indicated some injuries had occurred.

That reminded Samira he could shapeshift at will. He must've been injured if he was in this state and still hadn't completely healed. "Huh, maybe I should take him to healer Raj before bringing him to the palace?"

Although she was beginning to think twice about taking him directly to the palace. Samira recalled all the details and cringed. If he appeared looking like this, no one would take him seriously and have him imprisoned as a spy.

That would never do. First, Samira needed to approach him and see what could be done about his injured state. That and she found him peculiarly mesmerizing. Was that a side effect of the fact that he was also a vampire? Well, there was only one way to find out. Samira took a deep breath, jumped from her perch, cautiously approached him, and stopped before addressing him politely. "Hello, I'm your guide in this world, Samira Kelos."

0