Chapter 5: Ingrid Fora
390 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not far away outside of Flowery village, David’s group and the villagers were hiding in the forest as they waited for Sol to take care of the demons. Sol doesn’t need their help, so he went in alone right away and fought all the demons by himself.

An hour and a half later, Sol managed to kill at least 500+ demons, and all that was left was the demon chief, a mini-boss. Killing normal demons was pretty easy and quick, but killing a mini-boss demon, it might take a while.

‘That shield and a sword… I assume he must be someone from the Tank class, no wonder I don’t do much damage.’ Sol thought.

Not only does the demon chief have a shield for protection, but the armor he was wearing was even thicker than the one Barus wore.

‘How annoying... I guess I’ll just have to keep hitting until the shield loses its durability and breaks.’ Sol thought.

“Hahaha! Give it up, boy! No matter what you do, you can’t kill me.”

“Yeah sure, but you can’t kill me either, so what’s your point?”

“True. However, as a demon, I have better endurance than you, so eventually you’ll run out of gas and when that time comes, I will win. Hahaha!”

“Oh, so that’s your plan, huh? Well, good luck with that.”

Little did Garabos know that Sol has unlimited stamina.

[Name: Garabos]

[Title: Demon Chief]

[Class: Tank]

[Rank: Bronze]

Another hour passed and sure enough, the durability of the shield that the demon chief was wielding had dropped from 100% to 34%.

“Boring… how about you fight me like a man instead of relying on that stupid shield of yours?”

Sol was getting frustrated and impatient because the fight had been dragging on for too long. As someone who had lived in the Tutorial World for 10,000 years, he was so used to killing monsters in just one hit.

To break that stupid shield, Sol has already broken up to 5 swords. Good thing there were a lot of swords on the ground that he could borrow from the demon corpses, so he will never run out of supply for weapons. The only issue was that he didn't have the patience as he wanted to end the fight as fast as possible.

“You want me to fight like a man? Sure, then you should put down your sword too, and we will fight with bare hands, how about that?” Garabos said.

“Ah, you mean boxing? Sure, let’s do that.” Sol said.

With that being said, Sol threw his sword away on the ground, and started getting ready for a boxing match.

“Bahahaha! Who said I would listen to your request, die you inferior human trash!”

Garabos knew Sol was a slow player, so the moment Sol dropped his sword, he immediately took the chance to sneak attack. His sword struck Sol’s chest area, near the heart to be exact, but was unable to penetrate Sol’s skin.

“Well, well, well, what do we have here? Wow, I can’t believe you actually tried to cheat. Just kidding! I already knew you would do that.” [Sol]

“W-What the fuck!?!” Garabos jumped back in fear.

“I guess you want to do it the hard way after all, huh?” Sol said while grabbing a sword from the ground.

‘Wait a minute. Dammit, I can’t believe I totally forgot about them.’ Sol suddenly remembered that he could ask David’s group to finish off this demon chief, as it would be much faster since on average, they do more damage than him.

“Guess what? You're dead now! Hahaha!” Sol laughed evilly.

“Huh, what do you mean—?” [Garabos]

“I’m done! You guys can come out now!” Sol yelled so loud that even 75 meters away, David’s group and the villagers could hear him.

Hearing Sol’s voice:

“Is it finally done?” Jack wondered.

“Finally! Jeez, I can’t believe we have to wait this long.” [Tom]

“Huaaaaa! Oh my, I almost fell asleep while waiting…” Amelia yawned out loud.

“Woohoo! Let’s go!” [Dongwoo]

David’s group and the villagers were getting sick and tired of waiting, so the moment they heard Sol’s scream, their hearts immediately jumped for joy.

“Alright, everyone packs your things and let’s go!” [David]

With that, David’s group and the villagers stopped hiding and came out.

A short while later, they arrived where Sol was.

The moment Sol saw David’s group and the villagers, he said, “Good timing, guys! I will leave this demon chief to you all. It shouldn’t be a problem with this many of you, right?”

“Umm… sure…” David was confused and didn’t get why Sol wanted his group to take care of the demon chief when he could just do it himself. Of course, up until now, David’s group and the villagers still have no idea about Sol’s situation, especially the debuff that caused Sol’s power and speed to decrease significantly.

Nevertheless, they still listened to Sol, and together, they outnumbered the demon chief and eventually killed the demon chief. And just like that, they were able to regain control of the Flowery village.

Inside one of the village houses, Sol was looking a bit disappointed. He had expected the side quest to appear, but it didn’t.

‘Well, helping others isn't a bad thing to do either. I guess that means I’m still normal, right?’

Most people would have lost their sanity if they were to spend 10,000 years alone, but thankfully, Sol still has some humanity left in him. Furthermore, thanks to the information he got from David, he now knows that only 10 years have passed in the outside world, not 10,000 years.

***

A few days later…

In the middle of nowhere in the forest, sitting near a campfire, Sol was cooking some rabbits that he just caught earlier. This was his breakfast.

Once the rabbit meat was done cooking, without mercy, he began to chow them down.

Munch! Munch! Munch! Nom! Nom! Nom!

“Yum! Delicious! Meat is the best!”

After he was done with his meal, next, he decided to take a short nap near a tree. He didn’t take a nap because he was tired, but more like a habit of his. That’s because back in the Tutorial World, whenever he felt bored, he would take a nap often as a way to pass time quicker.

A few hours later, around noon time, Sol woke up.

To his surprise, Ingrid and her army had already surrounded him and there was zero chance for him to escape.

[Name: Ingrid Fora]

[Title: Demon Leader]

[Rank: Gold]

“Oh my, we didn’t disturb your peaceful sleep did we?” Ingrid smiled, but behind that smile, Sol knew Ingrid had ill intentions toward him.

“Wow! How could someone like you who let your guard down so easily managed to defeat Barus? That’s truly surprising. So tell me, how did you kill Barus? Because no matter how I look at you, you don’t seem to be the type who is capable of killing someone like Barus.” [Ingrid]

“Let me guess, you’re here to avenge him, right?” [Sol]

“Bastard! Answer the question! What did you do to Barus?!”

Out of nowhere, Ingrid started showing her anger. She’s the type who hates it when people don’t answer her question quick enough.

‘What a bad-tempered woman.’ Sol thought.

“Are you deaf?! Why are you not answering the question yet?! Do you wanna die?!” Ingrid was furious.

“Yeah, I wanna die. What about it? If you don’t have anything else to say, then I’ll be going back to sleep now.”

“You’re seeking death! This is your last chance! Answer the question now or you can say goodbye to your life!”

Sol sighed, “You weren’t planning to let me off anyway, so why does it matter if I answer your question or not?”

“You’re wrong! I do plan to let you off if you answer my question. But unfortunately, that’s too late for you now.”

“Sure sure, as if I would trust the word of a demon.”

“Helmos! I will leave this kid to you.” [Ingrid]

“Me, a kid? That’s rude, do you even know how old am I?” [Sol]

Helmos, one of the strongest demon soldiers under Ingrid’s army.

[Name: Helmos]

[Title: Demon Soldier]

[Rank: Silver]

Standing in front of Sol, Helmos said, “Hey, kid! Stop being lazy and get up!”

From a sitting down position, Sol sighed as he got up. After getting up, he began wiping off the dirt of his clothes.

“Jeez… I can’t believe I can’t even take a nap in peace. Whatever, I’ll deal with you guys first.”

8