Chapter 11: Staying At Crimson Fortress
224 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Facing the remaining demons, Sol said, “I will ask you guys again, would you submit to me or die by my hands?”

“Fuck off!”

“That’s right, fuck off! We would rather die than to submit to an inferior human trash.”

“Inferior, huh? Funny to hear that from someone who is about to die.”

“Fuck it! I can’t take this anymore, I’m just going to sleep right now!”

“Yeah, me too! Kill me, I don’t care!”

Knowing they were all going to die, the demons didn’t care anymore, so they went ahead and slept because they were too damn exhausted from fighting for two weeks straight. In other words, they’re fine with Sol killing them in their sleep.

“Eh? What the hell?” Sol was surprised when they suddenly fell asleep.

Without mercy, Sol killed them all, including the remaining demon leaders. As for Valor, Sol still has some use for him as he needed Valor to be a tour guide to guide him to Azurion City.

Looking at Valor sleeping soundly, Sol sighed, “He has been sleeping for two days straight… I wonder when he’s going to wake up.”

Out of nowhere:

Ding! 

[A new side quest has appeared!]

[Side Quest: Save and free the human slaves from the underground prison.]

[Reward: 1 Red Crystal]

“Ooh! It’s here! Hahaha, finally! That’s what I’ve been waiting for.”

***

Inside the fortress, there was a massive throne hall, currently, Sol was sitting on the throne chair waiting for Valor to wake up. He had carried Valor all the way here.

‘Dammit! I’ve been searching the entire fortress and yet I still can’t find the underground prison. Tsk! This is annoying. Also, this bastard won’t wake up no matter how many times I slap him.’

Two days later…

Finally, Valor woke up.

“Haaaaa!” Valor yawned out loud, “Man, what a good sleep! Woo! I feel so much better and refreshed now!”

Soon, Valor realized he was in the throne room.

“Eh, where the hell am I? What’s going on?”

Meanwhile, Valor didn’t realize that Sol was next to him the entire time.

“Yo, you son of a bitch! Do you even realize how long you made me wait?!”

Hearing Sol’s voice, Valor jumped back in fright.

“Aaaaaaahhh! What the hell?! You scared me!” [Valor]

“Listen up! You have 10 seconds to tell me where the underground prison is.” [Sol]

“Wait! Where the hell is everyone? How come it's just me and you alone here?”

“They are all dead, I killed them all.”

“What?! No way! You’re joking, right?!”

“Listen up, you have two choices right now, submit to me or die by my hands? Which would you choose?”

Valor who was still injured, there was no way he could defend himself if Sol wanted to kill him right now.

“Oh, I choose death then.” [Valor]

Given a choice to die or submit, dying would be better because submitting would hurt Valor’s pride even more, that was why he chose death.

“I changed my mind! I’m going to torture you forever instead.” [Sol]

“Torture?!”

Hearing the word “Torture,” Valor’s heart rate suddenly beat like crazy. It was a beat of fear.

“Yup, since killing you would be too lenient, so I think torturing you day and night forever would be better. Don’t you think? This is your last chance, with your current injuries, there’s no way you can run away from me, so you better make the right decision right now.”

After saying that, Sol stood up from the throne seat:

“It’s going to be very painful because I’m going to skin you alive with this Gold-Rank Sword. You know how agonizing it is , right? To have your skin peel off slowly.”

Feeling terrified for his life, at last, Valor decided to submit to Sol.

“I submit!”

With that, Valor guided Sol to the underground prison. The underground prison has a secret wall door that can only be opened with demon’s blood.

“I see. I didn’t know there was a secret wall here, no wonder I couldn't find it the whole time.” [Sol]

Although Valor was badly injured, he could still walk, but in a limping way.

Eventually, Sol found the slaves and released them all. Luckily, the slaves were all still fine and alive.

“Woohoo! Freedom! Hahaha!”

“Yay! Finally, we’re free! Hooray!”

“I don’t know who you are, but thank you so much for rescuing us!”

The slaves show their utmost gratitude to Sol.

Ding!

[Side quest completed!]

[You have received 1 Red Crystal!]

‘Woohoo! Now that’s what I’m talking about.’ [Sol]

Sol was happy and excited to receive the Red Crystal.

For a few days, the slaves served Sol delicious food. Most of these slaves are trained to do household work in order to serve and satisfy the demons. Like a maid, they know how to cook, clean and even know how to build the fortress wall.

All this time, Sol told the slaves to leave the fortress because he feared the demons from other locations might come back to reclaim the Crimson Fortress. But the slaves refused and insisted on serving Sol as a way to show their gratitude for saving their lives.

Fast forward 5 days later, the slaves finally left the fortress and headed to Flowery Village. Because Sol told them that the Flowery Village was a safe place to stay temporarily. Naturally, they don’t doubt Sol’s words because after all, Sol was their savior.

‘Alright, now that those slaves are gone, it’s time to leave and go to Azurion City.’ [Sol]

“Yo, Valor! let’s go!”

“Yes, master!”

With that, Sol and Valor left the fortress and began their journey to Azurion City.

According to Valor, it will take months to reach Azurion City on foot. Naturally, Sol didn’t mind how long it was, at least now, he can be sure he won’t get lost on his way to Azurion City.

A few weeks passed once again, at this time, Valor was starting to like Sol even more as they spent time together. Of course, not in a romantic way, but as a good friend.

Initially, Valor thought Sol would mistreat him, but surprisingly, Sol treated him as equal and never once disrespected him. To simply put, Sol treated Valor like a best friend.

In the beginning, Valor was waiting for his injuries to heal and once fully healed, he would then use the opportunity to run away. But now he has changed his mind, he decided to be loyal to Sol instead, or at least until he makes sure Sol reaches Azurion city.

At the moment, sitting near a campfire in the middle of nowhere in the forest, Sol and Valor were enjoying their lunch, and the menu for today was wild boar meat.

“Yum! Delicious!” Sol said while chowing down the food aggressively, “Damn! You sure know how to cook, huh?”

“Hahaha! Of course! On a day when I have nothing to do, I usually practice my cooking skills, that’s why I know how to cook great food.”

“I see, makes sense.”

“Oh by the way, I just remembered something that I wanted to ask you.” [Valor]

“What is it?”

“It’s about Azurion City, may I know the reason why you want to go there so badly?”

“You know the demon general, Odeus?”

“Odeus?! Yeah, what about it?”

“Well, I’m going there to kill him.”

“What?! Are you serious?!”

“Of course, what other reason would I go there for?”

“Are you out of your mind?! I know that you are tanky as shit, but no matter how tough you are, you won’t survive Odeus’s attack. That guy, he’s a monster, he could destroy a mountain with just a flick of a finger. Anyway, it’s too dangerous, I suggest you should think carefully before going there.”

“Destroy a mountain with just a flick of a finger?” [Sol]

“Yeah, and that’s not even his full power, you know.”

“Now you’re getting me even more excited.” [Sol]

“Huh? Excited? You do realize you are just seeking death by going there, right?”

‘Looks like I need to prepare something first before going there.’ Sol thought while stroking his chin.

“Oh by the way, do you by chance know where I can get a Diamond-Rank weapon?” [Sol]

“Seriously, did you even listen to what I just said? You will die, do you understand what dying means? It doesn’t matter if you have a Diamond-Rank weapon or not, you will die regardless, do you get it?”

***

In Darcia city, in a massive throne room, Ingrid arrived and reported the current situation to the higher ups. The higher ups, known as the 9 Elite Demons. On average, the 9 Elite Demons’ ranks are around low Platinum-Rank to high Platinum-Rank.

“Hmm, a tank class player was able to do all that?”

“Yes, master.” [Ingrid]

“Interesting. I’ve never heard of a tank capable of single-handedly annihilating a demon army by himself. That’s crazy.”

“It appears he has impenetrable defense and unlimited stamina. His strategy of winning usually consists of tiring his enemies first before killing them.” [Ingrid]

“That’s very smart, a good way to compensate for his lack of damage.”

‘I don’t know how tough that bastard is, but let’s see if he can survive against a bunch of Elite Demons. Hehe, this is going to be interesting, I’m looking forward to it.’ Ingrid thought as she smirked secretly.

How to kill your enemy without doing anything, and that’s by reporting to the higher ups and letting the higher ups handle it, that’s what Ingrid had in her mind, or at least part of her grand plan to bring Sol down.

6