Chapter 23: Maple Town
134 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Maple Town, there was a battle going on between Sol and the demon soldiers.

“Hahaha! Die! This is fun! Come on, don’t stop and come at me!”

Sol laughed joyfully as he took his own sweet time killing the demon soldiers one by one.

“Bastard! Get him!!”

“Die! You filthy human cunt!”

“Kill him!!! Surround and attack him from all directions!”

Not long later, they realized no matter what they did, nothing seemed to work against Sol. It felt like they were facing a giant mountain that cannot be put down no matter what.

“What’s up with this guy… he’s not wearing any armor and yet his skin is as tough as rock…”

“Come on guys! Focus on his weak points, I’m sure he has some weak points.”

“Yeah, focus his eyes, neck and maybe his private area, I think we should be able to do some damage if we focus on those areas.”

While the demon soldiers were trying to figure out Sol’s weakness, Sol on the other hand was laughing secretly because he knows he has no weakness. The only weakness he has was his low damage, which can be annoying sometimes since he can’t kill his enemies fast enough to save time.

“Are you guys done with your small strategy talk?” [Sol]

“Hmph! Don’t get cocky, kid! You think just because you're tanky means we can’t harm you?! Guess what, you’re going to regret it very soon!”

“No need. This time, I won’t fight back, so come at me all at once. Also, I heard you guys were planning to aim for my throat, eyes, and private area, right? Very well, this is your chance to do it since I won’t be blocking any of your attacks.” [Sol]

Keeping to his words, Sol dropped his sword down on the ground.

Initially, the demons were scared to approach because even if Sol doesn’t do a lot of damage, it still hurts to get slash or thrust by a sword. Now that Sol has dropped his weapon, suddenly, the demons started to feel more confident than ever.

“Ha! You’re going to regret it, kid!”

“This is our chance! Kill him now! Hurry!”

“Hahaha! You can’t go back on your words now!”

“Blah, blah, blah, hurry up and do it already.” [Sol]

A few minutes passed, and sure enough, nothing happened. All their efforts were wasted for nothing.

“What?! How’s that possible?!”

“I get that he’s a tank, but even a tank should still have some weaknesses, right?”

“There’s something not right with this kid, he’s not like any other tank players we have killed so far in the past.”

“You guys talk too much. Alright! It’s my turn now, so die! Hahaha!” [Sol]

TAUNT!

Without mercy, Sol charged at the demons and just like that, the massacring began. Naturally, some demons tried to run away, but whenever that happened, Sol would taunt them to prevent them from escaping.

Roughly half a day later…

All the demons were dead, not one was able to escape.

‘Good thing my Taunt skill has unlimited range and to activate it, I only need to look at them and they will immediately come at me.’

The skill Taunt has unlimited range; meaning as long as Sol can see them, he can taunt them regardless of how far they are. Besides that, He can also control his taunt to a single target or AOE target depending on the situation. This is the power of a Legendary skill, the highest skill rank that one could have in this world.

Maple Town used to be lively when the demons were around, but now it’s just a bloody town with a bunch of demon corpses on the ground.

It was at this moment, Sol received a surprised notification:

Ding! 

[A new side quest has appeared!]

[Side Quest: Find the Human Blacksmith, Xelanor. Location: Somewhere within Maple Town.]

[Reward: A pair of Diamond-Rank Gauntlets.]

‘So there are humans in this town, huh? I thought I was the only one here.’

With that being said, Sol proceeded to search the entire Maple Town to find the blacksmith, Xelanor.

A few hours passed, and there was still no sign of where Xelanor was.

‘Jeez, where the hell is Xelanor hiding? Hold on… could it be that there’s an underground prison around here? Just like the one in Darcia Castle? I mean that’s the kind of place the demons usually kept their human slaves.’

During this time, Sol saw a demon on the ground moving a bit, almost as if the demon was pretending to play dead, hoping he wouldn't get noticed by Sol.

‘Hehe! I saw that. Nice try.’ Sol smirked.

The demon soldier thought he was safe, but unfortunately, Sol had already noticed his slight movement earlier.

“Hey, you over there! Do you want to live?” [Sol]

There was no response, the demon was sweatily intensely as he feared for his life, hoping that Sol wouldn’t notice him.

‘P-Please! Don’t notice me, please!!’

“No reply, huh? Very well, how about this!”

TAUNT!

In an instant, the demon got up and started charging at Sol.

‘What?! Fuck! I can’t control my body!’

The demon started attacking Sol aggressively for 5 seconds or until the duration of taunt ended.

‘Impressive, I didn’t expect this ‘Taunt’ skill to be so reliable.’ Sol thought.

“Ugh! Please! Don’t kill me, I beg you!” The demon soldier begged desperately.

“Who said I’m killing you? I asked you earlier, do you want to live?”

“Huh? You’re letting me live?”

“Yes, but you will have to help me with one thing first before I let you go.”

Hearing that, the demon suddenly became happy, “Are you serious?! You’re not joking, right?!”

“Of course. However, if you fail to locate the person I’m looking for, then you can kiss goodbye to your lowly life.”

“Don’t worry! I won’t disappoint you, just tell me who you’re looking for? Are you perhaps looking for the human slaves? If yes, I know where they are.”

“Oh, so you knew?”

“Absolutely, I mean aren’t you here in the first place to save your own kind?”

“Well, maybe. Alright, enough talking, and please lead the way since you know where they are.”

“Okay, follow me! This way! Come!”

With this, Sol followed the demon from behind as the demon led the way.

“Just so you know, you better not try anything funny or else you're dead meat.”

Sol warned the demon soldier.

“I won't! I wouldn’t dare!”

“Relax, there’s no need for you to be afraid of me. As long as you do your job, you will be spared.”

“Y-Yes, boss!”

***

In the center of Maple Town, just below, there was an underground base where the human slaves were kept.

“This way! Follow me.”

“A secret passage? I see, no wonder I couldn’t find it.” [Sol]

There were roughly a few thousand slaves in the underground base, they were kept in tiny cells with very little food and water. There used to be more than 20,000+ slaves, but now there are only a few thousand left as many have died from either overworking, sickness or starvation.

“This should be good enough, right? May I leave now?” The demon soldier said to Sol.

“Wait. Before you go, help me free all the slaves first.”

“Sure, no problem.”

Once all the slaves were freed, the demon soldier once again said, “Okay, all done! I can leave now, right?”

Seeing how skinny those slaves were, Sol was furious as he couldn’t believe how cruel these demons treated them. The worst part was that they were even children among the slaves. Because of this, Sol changed his mind about letting the demon go.

“You know what? I changed my mind.” [Sol]

During this moment, the demon could feel Sol’s murderous aura. It was at this moment, the demon knew he was going to die and there was nothing he could do about it except pleading for his life.

“Wait! Stop! Don’t kill me! I thought you promised you would let me go?! Are you going back on your words now?!”

“I’m sorry, but you have to die.”

“Noooooooo!!! I will do anything for you! Please, spare me!!”

TAUNT!

The moment the demon was taunted, he lost control of his body and that was when Sol stabbed him in the throat.

“Kuugghh! Noooooo…! I don’t wanna die—!”

Blood splattered everywhere and just like that, the demon was dead.

After Sol killed the demon, the slaves thanked him for saving their lives.

“Thank you so much for saving us!”

“Thank you, player!”

“Thank you! No words can describe how thankful we are!”

Meanwhile, outside, Hebelion’s group arrived at Maple Town and when they saw all the demon corpses on the ground, they became furious.

During this moment, Hebelion was so angry and shouted, “Who did this?! Show yourself right now!”

“What was that? Who the hell is yelling so loud?” [Sol]

Out of concern for the slaves, Sol told the slaves to remain here while he went outside to check.

“It’s not safe to go outside yet, so stay here and wait for me.”

The slaves nodded their heads as if they already knew what to do.

7