Chapter 35: Demon Knight, Targron
83 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the edge of the Xenon Continent, Sol finally arrived after roughly 7 weeks of traveling.

Standing at the top of a mountain, far away ahead of him below, Sol could see billions of players and demons were battling each other.

AAAAARGGGHH!!!

ROARRRRR!!!

GRRRRR!!!

From the look of it, the players seemed to have the upper hands while the demons were struggling.

‘What a sight… It’s totally a bloodbath down there… Nevermind that, I’m surprised to see everyone is doing pretty well. I guess I wasn’t too late after all.’

It was supposed to have 5 Demon Generals in the battlefield, but two had already been killed by Sol, leaving only 3 Demon Generals left to fight.

Missing two Demon Generals in the battlefield was almost equivalent to having their power cut off by about 30% to 40%. In short, Sol did the players a huge favor by getting rid of two Demon Generals which in return, made the war easier for the players.

Many people underestimated the power of a Demon General, unlike other demons, only the Demon Generals can transform into their full demon forms. Once transformed, the Demon General would gain a massive power spike causing their level to go up from Diamond to Master-Rank.

Just to take down a Master-Rank demon, at least millions of Diamond-Rank players are needed, and even then, the Diamond-Rank players would still struggle a lot. Thankfully, with two Demon Generals down, the difficulty level now has dropped from hard to medium mode.

If Sol hadn’t killed the two Demon Generals before coming here, by now, it would be hard mode difficulty for the players.

It was as this time:

[A new Main Quest has appeared!]

[Main Quest: Save the players and kill all the demons in this world.]

[Reward: 1 Red Crystal.]

‘Save the players and get rid of all the demons in this wo—’

Out of nowhere, something interrupted him as he heard loud noises of someone screaming for help nearby.

“Help! Help! Help!”

“Help! Someone help us!”

“Anyone! Please, help us! Save us!”

Hearing their desperate plea for help, Sol quickly went to their rescue.

A short while later, Sol found them.

There were 6 Players and 1 Adventurer getting surrounded by a group of easily 1,000 demon soldiers.

Just one look, Sol could tell the 6 players were heavily wounded. Thankfully, they had one Cleric trying her best to heal everyone’s injuries, but looking at the Cleric’s expression, Sol could tell the Cleric was pushing herself too hard as her nose started bleeding, and it won’t be long before she will reach her limit and collapse.

The only one who was still doing fine was the female adventurer, and to his surprise, that female adventurer was Luna.

The only reason the 6 players were still alive right now was all thanks to Luna protecting them.

Looking at Luna, Sol thought to himself, ‘Luna?!’

Sol didn’t jump in to save them right away, instead, he was hiding in the bushes while observing them because he knew Luna alone was more than capable enough to save the players.

Everything went well until a mysterious demon appeared suddenly, and that demon was a Diamond-Rank Demon Knight.

The moment the Demon Knight arrived, Sol knew Luna was a deep trouble. However, he still didn’t get involved because he was curious to see how long Luna could last against a Demon Knight. After all, Luna herself was a Diamond-Rank Adventurer, so there’s no way she would lose that easily.

One minute later…

Luna was already at her limit.

“Huff! Huff! Huff!” Luna was breathing heavily as she was trying to catch her breath.

‘What’s this? I thought she’s strong, but she didn’t even last a minute…’ Sol thought.

To make matters even worse, the Demon Knight didn’t even use his full power. The Demon Knight was only fooling around and was already enough to make Luna fall on her knees.

“Humans are truly weak. Despite the fact we are both Diamond-Rank, yet the gap between us is still so large. What a shame, I only use 5% of my power and you’re already on the ground. Whatever, I don’t have time to play games with you, so just die!”

Just as the Demon Knight was about to strike a killing blow to Luna, Sol canceled the Demon Knight’s movement by Taunting him.

TAUNT!

‘Welp, here we go again. Seriously, I really do not enjoy fighting someone powerful because it takes a really damn long time to kill them.’ [Sol]

Every Diamond-Rank demon is different, some have longer stamina, while some have short stamina, it depends on the individual.

To kill an average demon soldier, it’s usually pretty quick, just a few hits was enough to kill one. However, to kill a Diamond-Rank demon, Sol has to rely on two methods: Either kill them by exhausting them to death, or by triggering the ‘Armor Penetration’ effect, but usually that takes a bit of luck to be useful.

Both methods are good, but he prefers the quickest one since it can help him save time. The quickest one would obviously be the Armor-Penetration method, well, only if he gets lucky since 1% chance is very low.

[Name: Targron]

[Title: Demon Knight]

[Rank: Mid-Diamond]

“What’s happening?! Why is the body moving on its own?!” [Targron]

During this time, Sol came out from hiding and appeared in front of everyone.

The moment Luna saw Sol, she recognized him right away, “Sol?! What are you doing here?!”

“To save you from danger obviously. Didn’t you help me before? So now it’s my turn to return the favor.” [Sol]

“Who are you?!! What did you do to my body?!” [Targron]

Sol ignored Targron and looked at Luna and the 6 players and said, “Luna, take those 6 players with you and leave. Don’t worry about me, I'll take care of everything from here, now go!”

Luna agreed by nodding her head and immediately carried the 6 players with her and left as quickly as possible.

Luna has seen how powerful Sol was when she was with him in the Carrot Dungeon, so she trusted him and knew that Sol would be fine alone.

Besides, even if she wanted to help, there was not much she could do anyway, so she figured it was better to stay far away for now so that Sol could fight in peace without having to worry about protecting others.

“Hey! Son of a bitch! I’m talking to you, are you even listening?!”

Targron was furious at Sol for ignoring him.

“Yeah, I’m listening. What about it?” [Sol]

“Oh wait! What the hell…? I can move normally now…” [Targron]

“Don’t worry, in roughly 10 seconds from now, you will be under my control again,” [Sol]

“Ha! I don’t know what’s going on, but 10 seconds is more than enough for me to kill you! Bastard, die!”

Targron didn’t underestimate Sol, the moment he regained control of his body, he immediately went all out to kill Sol.

“Hahaha! Die, bitch!”

Wielding his Giant Hammer, Targron started smashing Sol like no tomorrow.

VERTICAL SMASH! HORIZONTAL SLASH! VERTICAL SMASH!

BONK! BONK! BONK!

BAM! BAM! BAM!

After all that smashing, Sol was literally buried at least 10 feet underground.

“Hehe! Good, that should teach him a lesson. Oh nevermind, he’s already dead. Hahaha!” That’s what Targron thought.

Sol was too lazy to dig and crawl his way up, so all he did was Taunt Targron again.

TAUNT!

The moment Targron was taunted, immediately, his body started moving on its own and started digging the soil in order to get close to where Sol is. After all, if he wants to attack Sol, he has to get close, so he has no choice but to dig because that’s what the taunt skill does to a person's body.

“What the fuck?! Why am I digging all of a sudden?!” said Targron.

DIG! DIG! DIG!

“What are you doing, master?” a demon soldier asked.

“Shut the fuck up! I’m not doing this because I want to, idiots!” Targron was furious.

Never underestimate the power of a crowd control skill.

4