Chapter 37: Phase One, Werewolves
70 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Shit! Even though the gate is not open yet, I'm already so nervous!” a player in the crowd said.

“Haha! Me too!”

“Don’t panic guys! As long we work together as a team, we will survive no matter what.”

“True, teamwork all the way!”

“I don’t know man, I still have a bad feeling about this. I mean didn’t you guys realize the Tutorial gets harder and harder each time we succeed?”

Five minutes later…

[The Chaos Tower’s gate has opened.]

[Time before the gate closes: 59 minutes and 59 seconds.]

“There’s no time to waste! We will chat later, let’s hurry and get inside first!”

“Okay! Let’s go! Yeehaa!”

“You dumbass! What are you getting excited for?!”

“I mean why not? Aren’t you thrilled to see what’s inside? This is an adventure you know.”

“You moron! This is not an adventure game! We only have one life, there’s no respawn if we die.”

“Jeez! You’re no fun! Learn to take a joke, will you?”

While all the players were rushing to enter the gate, Sol was just taking his sweet time waiting from the sideline. He didn't even bother to queue up.

“What are you waiting for? Aren’t you going to go in?” Luna asked Sol curiously.

“I will, but not now. I’ll let others go in first,” Sol said.

“Huh? Aren’t you worried the gate might be closed by then?”

“There’s no rush, and I don’t feel like stressing out myself to queue up with these guys.”

[Gate Closing Time: 32 seconds left.]

By now, all the players have already entered the gate, leaving only Sol the only one left behind.

“Looks like I’m the only one left. Alright, I’ll be going in now. Take care, my friend,” Sol said.

Just before leaving, Sol shook hands with Luna and after that, he said goodbye to her and entered the portal gate.

After Sol left, Luna shed some tears. You could say that she had some feelings for Sol, but unfortunately, Sol had no feelings for her. He only sees her as a good friend and that's it.

Just like that, the portal gate disappeared and finally, after so long, the world of Exion became peaceful once again.

***

Inside the Chaos Tower’s lobby floor.

It appears the players have arrived in a massive empty white room that was about the size of a giant alien spaceship. Big enough to be able to fit roughly 1.23 billion players.

The white room was heavenly at first sight. It was filled with bright sunlight and an open rooftop, which meant the players could see the beautiful blue sky and white clouds when they looked up.

It seemed the white room was floating in the middle of nowhere high up in the sky.

“Woah! What’s with this place?”

“Amazing… we are really floating in the sky right now.”

“Hey, look up! There are giant birds too!”

It was at this time:

[Welcome to the Chaos Tower’s lobby room!]

[The next Tutorial will begin shortly.]

[Tutorial: Survive till the end to be qualified to enter the Chaos Tower’s 1st floor.]

[Time Limit: 24 hours.]

“Lobby?”

“What? So we are not even on the 1st floor yet?”

“I don’t know why… but for some reason, I have a bad feeling about this.”

Some players were excited, while some were scared at what might happen next.

After a short while:

[The Tutorial will now begin.]

Just like that, players began to disappear one by one, as of where they were transported to, nobody knows yet.

Eventually, it was Sol's turn and he too was transported to another location as well.

***

When Sol opened his eyes, he realized he was no longer in the white room where he was earlier, instead, he had arrived at a place that appeared to look like a colosseum.

There were millions of colosseums all separated from each other. Each colosseum has about 1000 players in it.

One of the colosseums, colosseum number #18,912, where Sol is currently located.

When Sol and other players arrived here, they were looking very confused as they were trying to figure out what was going on.

“A colosseum?”

“Colosseum? Does that mean we have to fight each other and survive?”

“No way! I don’t wanna fight other players.”

None of these players have ever killed other players before. They have only killed monsters or demons so far in their life.

[Time Remaining: 23 hours and 57 minutes.]

[Phase 1: Survive the Werewolves attack.]

“Phase 1?”

“Survive the Werewolves attack?”

“Phew! Thank god we don’t have to fight each other.”

[Phase 1 will start once all players are here.]

A few minutes later, all the players from the white room were gone and had arrived in their own colosseum.

[Phase 1 will now begin.]

In an instant, 1,000 Werewolves appeared from the sky and landed in the center of each colosseum.

The werewolves were giant in size, muscular and had sharp powerful teeth and claws. One look was enough to terrify most players, except for the strong players.

“Damn! Those Werewolves look strong as fuck!”

“Shit! It’s only phase 1 and yet I could already feel we’re not going to survive this.”

“Calm down, everyone! Focus and let’s work together!”

“I agree! Let’s work together and survive! I’m not going to die at phase 1 yet, especially after coming this far.”

“Alright! Are there any Tanks here who could help us aggro those Werewolves?”

“Err… That would be me I guess…?” Sol said as he raised his right hand to volunteer.

When Sol said that, everyone became mad because they couldn’t believe Sol would joke at a time like this. The reason they thought Sol was joking was because Sol doesn’t look like someone from who is a Tank, that’s because tanks usually wields a shield and a sword. However, in this case, Sol was wearing gauntlets which indicate he was someone from the Martial Artist class, not Tank class.

“Are you serious?! Now’s not the time to joke aro—!”

Before the players could discuss their strategy, they were instantly attacked by the Werewolves.

ROARRR!!!

GRRRRRR!!!

KROOAR!!!

“Fuck! This is bad! I can’t believe there are not even a few tanks among us.”

“It’s fine! We may not have any tanks, but at least we have quite a number of Clerics who can buff and heal us.”

At first, everyone thought they had no tank, but suddenly they saw someone rushed into the battle alone, and it was Sol.

TAUNT!

Instantly, all the Werewolves started focusing on Sol.

“What in the world was that?!”

“Huh? Since when did a Martial Artist have taunt skill?”

“Everyone, shut up and focus! Now’s not the time to talk!”

Everyone was confused and had questions regarding Sol’s class, but for now, they decided to focus on surviving first and chat later.

3