Chapter 19 – Demonic Invasion
2.4k 4 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One of the people in the throne room was a powerful Level 38 Master, she was the head of the Gristia Family, one of the most powerful families in Neverwinter.

As she saw the scene, she spoke" Your majesty, we have the fragment of Levistar Emperor's Crown that we got from the Demon Lord we killed in the last war. They had guarded it intensely and put up a huge fight for it."

"The Demons have opened portals from the Devil Realm to Human Realm near Everheart's region, if we get this in Everheart, there is a chance they might attack them," said she with a smile.

"That's a good idea, there have been a lot of low-level demons coming after Neverwinter after we picked up that fragment and it seems like they want it badly, very well. Take this fragment with you while you go in the vicinity of the portals to the Devil Realm and then take it towards Everheart and place it there. Make sure no one sees you, no one can find out we did this or we will have a huge civil war in the Human Realm" said the Queen looking at Lady Gristia seriously.

"I will do this task with utmost precaution, your majesty," said she as she bowed and left the throne room.

/----

It had been a few weeks since he had Marzia and Athena work together against the Captelli family, Celeste had managed to infiltrate the Captelli family and was able to gather a lot of evidence through memory crystals that Glaze provided to them and found out a lot of connections they had to the Kingdom of Neverwinter.

They could be framed as traitorous to the Kingdom and thus they were able to suppress the Prime Minister's side of the family via blackmail and started breaking their connections and decreasing their power and influence.

Glaze was spending his time practicing his magic and skills on the monsters in the surrounding areas of New Heart while looking for people who he could exploit that would help in taking over this Kingdom, he had set up the basic infrastructure, he just needed an opportunity.

As he was going back to his palace after practice he saw Princess Charlotte flying towards him, as she hovered in the air above him she said" There is an emergency, Glaze. You need to come with me, the Demons are preparing to attack Everheart" said she with a tensed expression.

"Alright, let's go," said Glaze as he held her hand and they both flew towards the King's Castle.

As they landed, Glaze saw a lot of people already gathering around the War Council Room, they were the King, Kingsguard Commander Alesia River who was Level 31, and another guy who he had not seen before who gave off a powerful pressure.

"Lord Lockhart, Princess Charlotte, you are here." said the King as he welcome us but he was clearly very tensed.

"Nice to meet you, I am Alex Lenorte, Supreme Commander of the Royal Army," said the man in white shining armor with gold highlights as he put his hand forward.

*ting*

---

Name - Alex Lenorte

Race - Human

Level - 34

---

"Nice to meet you Supreme Commander," said Glaze as he shook his hands.

"Call me Alex, no need for formalities, not in this situation," said he as he sighed.

"Let me explain the situation , there had been several portals from the Devil Realm opened a few thousand kilometres from Everheart but they were benign and not in use , but just a few days ago the scouts had seen massive amount of Devilish Qi enter that area and a huge activity of Demons , the army went on guard and in an active state when we realized that the target was Everheart as they started to form the Army and started heading towards our direction" said he pointing to the large map of Everheart and its surroundings on the table.

"Can you tell me about Demons? Do they have the same power levels as us?" asked Glaze looking at the map.

"It's not the same as us completely. The first 3 stages from 1-9, 10-19 and 20-29 are called Low-Class Demons, Mid Class Demons and High-Class demons respectively, their strengths are similar to us Humans but they are stronger in terms of physicals strength."

"The Demons above that are called Demon Lords between 30-39 , they are comparable to the Human Master Stage beings, the few above that are the most terrifying of them all , they are called Demon King/Queen , they are between Level 40-49, comparable to Human Legend Stage Beings, which right now from what we know is only Olivia Neverwinter."

"The army that is attacking us is constituted of several Low, Mid and High-Class Demons forming a sort of hierarchy between them, the entire army is lead by a Demon Lord of Level 39," said the Supreme Commander rubbing his temples.

"That's a terrifying army, why are they suddenly attacking Everheart? " asked Glaze

"We have no idea, but we need to tackle this situation and defend Everheart, this will be the first time you will be fighting Demons, my Hero, do you have any suggestions as to what we should do? You are the Hero, after all, destined to fight the demons. " said the King looking at Glaze with seriousness.

Glaze smiled in his heart, this was the opportunity he needed to get rid of the King, " Your Majesty, we can take on the Demon Lord together. With you, me, and Charlotte, my magic should help kill that Demon Lord, we should be able to take it down for sure" said Glaze as he channeled slight destruction magic in the room and the lights started flickering.

"The Supreme Commander can take care of the High-Class Demons and the army and Commander Alesia can stay in Everheart and hold the fort"

"That's a good idea, everyone going after the Demon Lord is not a good idea as it will leave the city vulnerable," said Alex as his gaze lingered on Glaze's hands that were covered in Destruction Magic.

"With the Hero, we can definitely take care of the Demon Lord," said the King, more relaxed now.

"Raise the banners, Alex, we are going to war," said the King in loud voice.

/---

As Glaze and the Princess got out of the War Council he asked the Princess to come over to his palace.

In the top room in his palace, he sat with the Princess on the bed, "Charlotte, this is our opportunity" he said with a serious expression as he looked into Charlotte's eyes.

"I have waited my entire life for this day, to take revenge for mother. I am ready to kill father, Glaze" said Charlotte tilting her head with a smile.

"That's my love," said Glaze as he smiled and pulled her blond her back with his hand as he kissed her with the moonlight showering through the glass window on the roof as he took her in his arms and slowly removed her robes and saw Charlotte's beautiful body in all her glory.

She started opening his robes and saw his toned and strong body that was nourished from godly blood as she rubbed her long fingers all over his chest, then with the smile she had when she first saw his naked body when he was just summoned, she pushed him on the bed as she climbed on top and they started making out before the dawn of war.

If someone could be present that day and see the look in their eyes, they would say without a doubt, no matter how hard Glaze might try to hide it or keep a facade, when they looked at each other, the only thing that remained in their eyes was love.

35