Fodder villain appears!
495 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meng Rui and Si Ting had long dried up the time discs that were given to them and had to rely on themselves to slow their ageing process as much as possible. They were trying to forcefully break through so that they could live a little longer.

Yao Lan indifferent facial expressions suddenly soured. “Husband could help them by replenishing their time discs right?” 

Shen Huang nodded. They were currently safe at the moment, but they were at a critical juncture in their breakthrough. Stopping them now would only cause worse damage. 

All they could do was inform their husband when he woke up.

*********

Yu Sheng was caught up to speed on what was happening to Meng Rui and Si Ting.

Seeing how worried they were about their sister-wives, he comforted them. “I will help guide them when they are about to break through. They will not be at risk of dying anymore. However, it would be reckless and stupid to stop their breakthrough. Let’s leave them here in the ancestral sanctuary for now.”

Yu Sheng was proud of them for breaking through despite their lower cultivation potential. They were currently Immortal Emperors who were on their way to becoming Sacred Emperors.

He turned his gaze towards Shen Huang and Yao Lan. Late stage and Early stage heavenly sovereign. His face softened when he looked at the pair of beautiful women. But his eyes narrowed once he felt that he was losing his true self. 

He loved these women dearly. So were the women who were breaking through. His memories had now completely fused with the original owner of the body, so his love for them was as real as it had always been.

However, Yu Sheng also knew that he was Yu Sheng from the earth. This paradise could always be taken away by the system or the original body coming back. He had several countermeasures in mind, but the one thing that stood out the most to him was poison.

As long as he could concoct an undetectable poison that was symptomless and lethal, he could have an upper hand against the system.

One obstacle to this problem was Yao Lan. She was immune to almost all types of poison in the world and was also a heaven-defying alchemist who was knowledgeable in both poisons and medicine. 

The cogs started spinning in his head while he looked through his memories, looking for a way to solve that problem. 

That was when Yao Lan titled her head inquisitively asked Yu Sheng a question, “Husband, what are you thinking so hard about?”.

Yu Sheng’s resolve wavered. Could he possibly bear to use his wives as a bargaining chip against the system? 

Yes, he could. In fact, he must do so. Putting himself before others not only ensures his safety which he prioritizes as the most important but also allows him to reaffirm that he was Yu Sheng. The Yu Sheng from earth. His values that were taken as a mortal from earth is the only thing that he brought with him to this new world. He did not want to forget himself. He wanted to know that he will always be himself.

Yu Sheng strengthened his resolve. He will do whatever it takes to put himself first. Moreover, he knew that despite doing something as cruel as poisoning his own wife, it was not because he hates them, but because he had to do it.

At the end of the day, they would never know they were poisoned and he would still love them regardless.

He smiled sweetly at Yao Lan, “It's nothing, let us leave.”

*******

“Patriarch, do you know when will the First ancestor leave seclusion?” A concerned grand elder asked.

Everyone in the room instantly perked up. They had been wanting to know for the past few days, but no one wanted to bring it up in front of the patriarch. 

The First Ancestor, the Grand Patriarch of the Bai Family was a very hard topic to bring up in front of others. None of them had ever seen him before, and his elusive legend had awed every single of these old monsters when they were merely a child. In fact, most including the current patriarch were born during the seclusion period Yu Sheng had undergone for millions of years.

Yu Sheng almost seemed like a taboo to bring up, as they do not know how he will affect things in the Myriad Heaven Domain in the future. 

In fact, Yu Sheng’s awakening created a lot of unrest. Many ancient beings had awakened in advance just so that they could meet him. 

The Bai family couldn't keep everything under wraps, as the news would inevitably leak out. So, they took the initiative to invite other major families from the heavenly immortal realm and major figures from other worlds.

Emperors from immortal dynasties, powerful sect leaders, and the head alchemist of the intra-world alchemist association. These were just some of the big wigs that were invited to their celebration.

With so many people from so many different factions appearing in a singular world, the Bai Family Patriarch was concerned about the people with an agenda against the Bai Family getting so close to their territory. Wasn’t this just inviting the tiger into your own home? 

But how could they go against the wishes of the grand matriarch, the divine empress? Wouldn’t offending her, by proxy be offending the first ancestor as well?

This sentiment was shared between all the elders of the Bai Family. Could it be that the first ancestor was so confident in his power that he believed he could cover the entire sky with one hand?

No one was stupid enough to believe that the first ancestor did not think things through carefully. Thus, they assumed that the first ancestor wanted everyone to be present to re-solidify the Bai Family’s prestige.

However, what they do not know was that Yu Sheng was unaware of the storm that he created with his announcement. He just wanted to flaunt his power. When you make assumptions based on assumptions like the Bai family did, the truth will be distorted. 

Luckily for the Bai family, they were right about the fact that Yu Sheng was strong enough to cover the entire sky with one hand.

**********

The Bai family may call itself a family, but they have control over an exaggerated number of worlds. They have their power embedded deep into many kingdoms, sects and families. They have a lot of control in other domains, and with their high echelon aligning themselves with the Bai family, the Bai Kingdom was more like a Bai Empire.

Even in the heavenly immortal realm, they had alliances with many groups through marriages, and this helped the Bai Family create a strong foundation. 

Unfortunately, despite the Bai family staying reclusive and not interfering with matters regarding politics, their power still posed a threat to many who wanted to rule the myriad heaven domain. This caused some groups to grow more and more uneasy with each passing day when they see the Bai family continuing to grow.

Although no one in the Bai family acknowledges their name as an empire, the surrounding land, kingdoms and more had started to name themselves as a part of the Bai Empire. 

And in the supposed capital of the Bai Empire, White Lotus City, many ancient flying ships could be seen soaring through the skies. They were the guests that were invited to the Bai family estate, and their first stop was White lotus city.

The elders of the families were invited into the Bai family estate, while the people from the younger generations wanted to mingle and socialize with each other. They were allowed to stay at White Lotus City but were warned by their own elders to not make a ruckus.

Many groups were afraid that their arrogant young masters would cause trouble for them, so they had many bodyguards secretly protecting them. They may be called bodyguards, but right now, they are more like a babysitter. 

Right at this very moment, atop the “Joyous Spire”,  an entertainment tower that only the rich and powerful can patronize, a group of men were seated around a table. Right at the head of the table was a member of the young generation of the Xia Family. 

Xia Guo Wang, despite being given a name fit for a king, was actually a complete waste. He was the disappointment and disgrace of the Xia Family, an infamous brute who was a serial womanizer. No one dared to wed their daughters to this thick juicy thigh, as the stories of who he would ravage and abandon women would follow behind him wherever he went.

The Xia Family was ashamed of this stain that was affecting their reputation and despised him for his indecent behaviour. However, to keep up with appearance, and with the fact that he still indeed had Xia blood in him, they reluctantly strung him along with them on their trip to White Lotus City. He was a young master of a branch family in the Xia Family after all.

The Xia Family was one of the families that were wary of the Bai Family’s strength and greatly seeks their downfall to ensure their own success. They had come to White Lotus City to confirm the appearance of the Bai Family’s first ancestor, the rumoured strongest being alive.

10