Dual cultivation technique
343 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Greetings First Ancestor, Grand Patriarch of the Bai Family. Thank you for letting us into your divine abode.” Hao Ran and Bing Ji greeted Yu Sheng.

After greeting Yu Sheng, they started to greet Wang Wu Ling next, and everyone else together after.

They wanted to sit at the furthest table away from Yu Sheng and the other higher-ups, but Yu Sheng gestured to them to sit opposite him.

No one batted an eye at Yu Sheng asking these two couples to come closer. They all thought that Yu Sheng wanted to get to know them better. However, what he wanted was to place Hao Ran next to Xia Long Da, the Xia family ancestor. This way, the Xia family ancestor cannot avoid acknowledging the damage that would be dealt to Hao Ran by Guo Wang.

Hao Ran and Bing Ji politely sat opposite Yu Sheng. The table they were sitting on was filled with many big shots who looked at them in interest. They kept their heads down, not speaking unless they were spoken to.

Although they were seated at the same table, they did not have the same prestige at all.

Yu Sheng asked Xiao Hei. “Xiao Hei, are there any items in my inventory that is suitable for a couple?”

Xiao Hei took a look at his inventory and found suitable items for Hao Ran and Bing Ji. “Host, this is a ”Divine Blazing Dragon Holy Blizzard Phoenix cultivation technique“. As long as the couple cultivates this technique, their compatibility would soar. Hao Ran would be able to learn the Divine Blazing Dragon techniques and Bing Ji would be able to learn the Holy Blizzard Phoenix techniques. It can also act as a dual cultivation technique.”

Xiao Hei continued. “This ring is the space-time array bending ring. I’ve taken the liberty to adorn the ring with precious materials that would help in their cultivation. This ring would allow the couple to communicate and call upon each other no matter how far they are, no matter how strong an array they are trapped in or if they are stuck in the river of time or in a black hole.”

Yu Sheng was shocked by the items that Xiao Hei had suggested. He was no cheapskate, but the name of the technique sounded grand and the ability of the ring was very powerful.

Seeing the apprehension on Yu Sheng’s face, Xiao Hei reassured him. “Don’t worry host, the technique was gifted to you by the ancestral dragon and ancestral phoenix as a sign of goodwill. The technique is not suitable for you as your capabilities surpassed the techniques. The ring is strong but you can easily recreate it through cooperation with yourself and the fourth ancestor of the Wang family.”

Yu Sheng turned towards Hao Ran and Bing Ji and took out two cultivation techniques and a pair of rings.

“This cultivation technique was given to me by a great friend of mine. You young couple definitely have a lot of energy and would make great use of this cultivation technique. The ring will allow you to travel to the owner of the other ring without any repercussions. If you are ever trapped in an array, the river of time or a black hole, you can use it to escape.” Yu Sheng explained to the couple.

Not wanting to be left behind, Wang Wu Ling also gifted Hao Ran and Bing Ji a token that would allow them to take one item from her own private collection in the Wang Family estate. Of course, she had already removed any items that she would not be able to part with.

Hao Ran and Bing Ji thanked their Ancestors once again and were grateful for the gifts they were given.

Just when Hao Ran and Bing Ji were about to go back to their seats, Hao Ran started to tremble. He gave out a pained cry and started bleeding from his orifices. His body was covered with the chanting of the Dao of Time, but instead of protecting and giving insights to Hao Ran, it was attacking him instead!

Bing Ji was horrified. How could she not be scared? Her fiance had suddenly sustained a serious injury out of thin air, of a supposed attack in front of so many power houses. If none of them could see the attack coming, does that mean that Hao Ran would die?

Bing Ji attempted to grab Hao Ran into her embrace but she was stopped by Hao Lin. Hao Lin's face blackened. Who wanted to kill Hao Ran? The Xia Ancestor? No, he was scared to even come to meet the First Ancestor. How could he dare try something funny in front of his face?

Was it the remnants of the internal strife that the Bai Family had experienced a million years ago?

Hao Lin might not have fully understood where the attack had come from, but the old monsters present did. As long as they were proficient in the Dao of Time or had an extremely high cultivation base, they could sense that someone was targeting Hao Ran and attacked him in the past, and the karma was trying to resolve itself by killing the present Hao Ran.

Even the old faces of the old monsters soured. Who was so daring as to target someone the First Ancestor of the Bai Family had personally bestowed gifts to? The Xia family’s Ancestors had a bad premonition.

Yes, he wanted to downfall of the Bai Family to happen, but he knew that no one in the Xia Family was stupid enough to do something like this. Unless….? No, that was impossible. The Xia Family’s disgrace was a waste with no talent. He couldn't be the culprit.

Xia Long Da calmed his nerves down. The Xia Family may be a suspect, but there would not be any conclusive evidence. Besides, it wasn’t their doing anyways.

Amid the chattering between people discussing the situation, Yu Sheng stood up from his seat and approached Hao Ran. His body was slowly disintegrating.

Although the situation may look serious, this was nothing for Yu Sheng. All he had to do was split the River of Time at the moment of attack, creating two identical flows of time.

One would be before the attack occurred on Hao Ran, and the other would be the “original” flow where the attack succeeded. To resolve the karma of splitting the flow of time, all he had to do was destroy the original flow of time that had the attacks occurred.

This was however easier said than done for even the old monsters present. They would have to spend a lot of effort and resources to attempt such a feat. An easier way to resolve Hao Ran’s problems would be to just sever his past from his present self so that his past would not affect his present.

However, Yu Sheng wanted to let everyone know the identity of the culprit, so he did not opt for the easy way out.

“I wonder who is foolish enough to target my descendants in front of me.” Yu Sheng coldly snorted. He revealed his true cultivation of the Peak of the Divine Creator Realm. No one in the room with Yu Sheng had come close to his cultivation. Everyone found it hard to withstand the pressure that was being exerted on them.

There were no exceptions. The Fourth Ancestor of the Wang Family protected Bing Ji and the rest of their Family, while Sheng Huang and Yao Lan protected the Bai Family.

Yu Sheng’s aura started to condense into a little ball. The surrounding time energy could be felt draining into that little ball.

Yu Sheng took out an hourglass. It was about the size of one meter, and it was completely empty. The tiny ball of extremely condensed time energy started to circulate around the Hour Glass.

The hourglass started spinning rapidly. The River of Time started vibrating violently. Old Monsters across the Myriad Heaven domain could feel the fluctuations in the river of time clearly, but they chose to ignore it as they could feel the person who was causing it.

The river of time from 700 years ago splinted off into a new path. It was time for Guo Wang to be exposed.

13