88 – Domestic Trials 11
150 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a 15 minute break, the second match of the duo competition began. Mo Chen and Wen Xi killed all the players in the fourth circle and won first place again. In the third match in the afternoon, Mo Chen and Wen Xi wanted to help their teammates by letting Ling Shuyi and Jiang Xinyi deliberately kill them in the final circle, giving them the points for first place. This was, of course, if there were only two teams left in the final circle.

Then, in the last match of the day, Ling Shuyi and Jiang Xinyi were suddenly wiped out by Lightning’s team in the third circle, just missing getting into the top four of this match. Mo Chen and Wen Xi still took the first place, and they not only helped to avenge Ling Shuyi and them in the fourth circle, but also prevented YEY’s Weather team from entering the final circle. So, after all four matches that day, Mo Chen and Wen Xi’s total points were far ahead, more than twice as much as the second place! Second place was YEY’s Weather team, namely Thunder and Tornado.
 

Lightning and Run completely gave up trying to get promoted. Instead, they protected Thunder and Tornado all the way and charged forward to fight for them, so that there were several times where Mo Chen and Wen Xi couldn’t find a chance to kill the Weather team. Although Ling Shuyi and Jiang Xinyi didn’t get into the top four in the last match, they had been stably in second place after their first three matches, so their total points ranked third after all the four matches were over. Fourth place was QAQ’s Bunny and Lan Yan!

 
——This result was really beyond many people’s expectations, mainly because they did not expect MQ’s score to be so low.

 
MQ’s CC and Fu Feijie were both strong players when playing solo, but they didn’t even enter the top five when playing duo. Their first match, they pretty much turned into lootboxes upon landing. They played better and better in the next three matches, but their final total points still made people sweat for them, and they took seventh place. By contrast, QAQ taking fourth place really was a miracle! You had to know, Lan Yan didn’t even meet the standards for participating in the solo competition! Although Bunny took part in the solo competition, let alone the top eight, he couldn’t even get into the top ten! Therefore, after the first day of the duo competition, the two most discussed topics were either [CLM’s supremacy] or [QAQ dark horse].

 

[Holy shit, CLM is invincible in duo ah!]

 
[The MoXi CP has always been invincible, okay!]

 
[With the champion and runner-up of the solo competition teaming up, how can they not be invincible?]

 
[QAQ is so strong in duo?]

 
[I think A-Yi is right. Bunny and LY are complementary players, so they don’t perform very well in solo, but they do pretty well in duo.]

 
[My MQ just fell from the sky in the duo competition like that?!]

 
However, the players and coaches of the major teams had different opinions—None of them looked down on MQ. CLM’s coach, Chen Xiao, was no exception.
 
“CC and Fu Feijie are both very capable snipers, and are likely to develop in the direction of the Weather team. They played better in the two afternoon than in the morning. They went from turning into a lootbox upon landing and having the lowest points in the first game to finally being seventh place in total points. This ranking is still very amazing and cannot be underestimated.”

 
Chen Xiao continued, “As for QAQ, their duo style is actually a little similar to Xiao Wei’s solo style, which isn’t conducive to taking kills. They got into the top four by relying on the ranking points, and whether or not they can maintain their rank depends on whether MQ can rise or not.”

 
Hearing this, Chen Wei hesitated for a while and finally summoned up the courage to say, “I still hope that Lan Yan can enter the top four.”

Ling Shuyi said, “Me too…”

 
Chen Xiao looked at them and said after a moment’s silence, “The competition is the competition, and Lan Yan is already no longer a member of our team, so there is no need to help or anything. Having said that, I can see that A-Chen and Xixi are deliberately bypassing them. Kitty and them keep jumping to the forest every match, so you also seldom run into them. I think we have done our utmost not to take the initiative to pursue them. If we help any further, it will be unfair to other teams and have a negative impact on us—Not mentioning anything else, YEY and MQ fans won’t take that lying down.”

 
“En, I understand everything. I just….spoke emotionally,” Chen Wei said and secretly sighed.

 
When Wen Xi joined the club, he thought that he would be the substitute. He was already mentally prepared, but he didn’t expect that the person to be replaced would be Lan Yan. Therefore, seeing that Lan Yan had improved in another team, he was more emotional than anyone. He felt happy for him from the bottom of his heart, and at the same time, he felt at ease. Like he had said before, he understood everything. He knew that Mo Chen’s decision was for the better future of the team, and he also knew that Lan Yan’s transfer was his own decision. No one had done anything wrong.

 

However, he was born emotional, so he would still feel emotional over unnecessary things. Especially in the dead of night, he would wonder if it would have been better for him to express some ideas when he was playing duo with Lan Yan, and whether they could have played to the same effect as QAQ now. However, these ideas were meaningless. After all, what hadn’t happened couldn’t be verified or disproven. Moreover, CLM was improving. Without Wen Xi, there would be no Jiang Xinyi, and without Jiang Xinyi, there would be no more powerful newcomers. The problem of losing those who couldn’t make the team stronger would have come up sooner or later.

 
*

 
As the second day of the duo competition started, people on Weibo and the forums had already started making guesses.

 
[I guess both CLM teams can advance!]

 
[Isn’t that certain?]

 
[YEY can promote one team ba.]

 
[Isn’t this also certain?]

 
[I’ll bet fifty cents! MQ can promote one!]

 
[Emmm…… Bro, pay up the fifty cents now ba.]

 
Most netizens online felt that MQ was in a dangerous position, although they weren’t questioning their strength—CC and Fu Feijie were undoubtedly strong, but they were now seventh in total points, so it wouldn’t be easy for them to catch up to being in the top four. First of all, they would have to break into the top four of every match on the second day of the competition, and couldn’t fall out of the top four or turn into a lootbox upon landing in a single game. Secondly, they would have to find a team from the current top four to kill in the early stages and suppress their points. However, the top four teams weren’t that easy to suppress, and trying to suppress one of them would mean that there would be a risk of being countered and suppressed by the other side.

 

——If they weren’t able to kill the other party in the early stages and were instead destroyed by the other side, once again turning into a lootbox upon landing, then it would be impossible for their duo team to advance to the Global Championship. Compared with the netizens, the players and coaches were obviously more calm and considered more factors.
 

“What do you think is the possibility of MQ pushing QAQ down?” another team’s player asked.

 
“It depends on how the two teams play during the first match today. If MQ fails to suppress QAQ in the first match, it won’t work in the last three matches either,” their coach replied.

 
Chen Xiao also felt like this. “MQ should rush directly at QAQ today. We’ll have to see if during the first match it’ll be MQ turning QAQ into a lootbox upon landing, or if QAQ will counterattack and kill off MQ.”

 
“You didn’t say that yesterday.” Liu Weizhe raised his eyebrows.

 
Chen Xiao pursed his lower lip and replied, “I didn’t want to put unnecessary pressure on them…. In fact, A-Chen is fine, and I know that he will not be soft-hearted even if he meets A-Yan head-on. But Kitty, he has a good relationship with A-Yan and he messages him privately. I’m really afraid that his performance will be affected by him worrying about Lan Yan.”

 
He didn’t remember how long ago, but he had casually asked who was still in contact with Lan Yan, and only Mo Chen didn’t raise his hand. However, with both Liu Weizhe and Chen Wei, it had pretty much been Lan Yan taking the initiative to contact them, while Ling Shuyi had sought out Lan Yan on his own. It could be seen that he didn’t want to lose his ties with Lan Yan. It was completely easy to understand, since before Lan Yan’s transfer, he had been like a big Gege for Ling Shuyi and Chen Wei, always watching out for them.

 
Although he didn’t talk much ordinarily, he would always immediately sense his teammates’ emotions and console them. For example, when Chen Wei was lonely, Lan Yan would encouragingly pat him on the shoulder. When Ling Shuyi was hit, Lan Yan would gently rub his head.

Although he had always been quiet, he had never ignored his teammates. However, he had always dealt with his own emotions alone. He digested and dealt with all his worries and thoughts in silence. That was why his transfer seemed so sudden to his teammates.

 

——It had looked like a sudden decision, but in fact, no one knew how long he had been struggling in silence.

 
“If you were playing, would you help A-Yan?” Chen Xiao suddenly asked Liu Weizhe.

 
Hearing this question, Liu Weizhe didn’t even blink. “First of all, this assumption does not exist. I can’t play, and if I played, I would just be ground into the dirt. Secondly, I think it’s a bit presumptuous of you to ask this question. You only asked whether we should help Lan Yan. Did you ask Lan Yan whether he would be willing to be helped by us?”

 
Chen Xiao froze and saw the light, and then helplessly smiled. “You are still so sharp.”

 
Even if he was sharp, he did hit all the main points.
 

At this time, Chen Wei was sitting behind them. Hearing Liu Weizhe’s words, he was suddenly relieved. “Yes ah, if we really go to help, Yan Ge will not be happy.”

 
With that, he reached out a hand with a smile and patted Chen Xiao on the shoulder and said, “Hey Ge, you’re thinking too much. I said yesterday that I hope Lan Yan will be promoted, but that was just me hoping. I can’t actually go help, and even if it was legal, I shouldn’t go help—Wow, I’m talking like I can actually go and play.”

 
Chen Xiao dismissively slapped away his hand and said, “Shut up ba, you. If you can’t go play then you should just quietly cheer for your teammates!”

 
Hearing this, Chen Wei let out a “pfft” of laughter. “If I shut up, how can I cheer? Can you show me how?”

 
Liu Weizhe at the side also couldn’t help laughing and said, “You are a mature Didi, it’s time to learn on your own.”

 
Wow, listen, is that what a person would say ma?

 
“Which side are you on ah! Your boyfriend is here!” Chen Wei said, immediately ruffling Liu Weizhe’s long hair. Without waiting for him to explode, he then gently helped him fix it.

 
Liu Weizhe repeatedly jumped back and forth on the edge of exploding or not. Finally, he sighed helplessly, took out a comb from his bag, and handed it to Chen Wei. Chen Wei couldn’t help laughing and helped him comb his hair after taking the comb. While they were interacting, the first kill prompt appeared on the upper right corner of the screen.

 
[MQ-CC killed QAQ-LY with a headshot with an assault rifle!]

 
Seeing this prompt, the audience was stunned, and then some MQ fans screamed out on the spot!
 

“MQ’s CC got the first kill!” When A-Yi spoke, the scene of CC killing Lan Yan was played back on the big screen.

 
Bunny Ji said, “This match, CC and Fu Feijie pretty much chased after Bunny after they jumped down! The two teams jumped to the same point, landed almost at the same time, and then CC directly went up against Lan Yan in a gunfight and killed Lan Yan immediately!”

 
A-Yi said, “It can be seen that MQ has started to burn all their boats behind them with this match! They’re using the right tactics. If you want to get into the top four, you must pull down one of the top four teams!”

 
A-Yi had just finished speaking, and the playback screen ended. The big screen now showed CC, who was applying medicine to himself, and there was a new kill prompt in the upper right corner.

 
[MQ-CC killed QAQ-Bunny with an assault rifle!]

 
“Bunny also fell in battle?!” Bunny Ji’s eyes widened in shock. “CC wiped out a whole team on his own?!”

 
Hearing this sentence, the reaction of the audience was more intense, especially the place where the MQ fans had gathered. They broke out in screams and shouts!

 
“AHHHHHH CC IS AWESOME!”

 
“Go MQ ah! Let Laozi see you guys get promoted!”

 
A-Yi said, “CC and Fu Feijie had a clear goal after landing, and they directly launched a strafing attack against QAQ! Because the two teams were cheek-to-cheek when they jumped, QAQ couldn’t avoid the inevitable and they were killed by CC and Fu Feijie right then and there!”

 
Bunny Ji said, “QAQ exited the field with zero kills, my God! Their position in the top four is in danger!”

A-Yi replied, “Yes! Next, let’s see if the MQ team can seize the opportunity to recover their points in one breath! Whether they can be promoted depends on this match!”

0