Chapter 21: The Trials begin
151 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days later. All the young cultivators who had gathered at the large city stood outside as they looked up at the skies. A large flying whale floated before them and on top of it was a deck full of immortals with floating clothing. 

Mina who stood beside Kai, Hyung, Reoul and Ben as she watched the floating whale with an excited expression. 

"Young Cultivators from all over the world!" An old man's voice boomed through the skies of the city. He floated in the sky and his face was suddenly displayed on various screens that appeared all over the city. He appeared as a brown skinned old man with long green beared filled with grey shades and his hair was also the same. He wore a long red robe with a red crescent on it.

"I am Grand Elder Duwaong of the Crescent Sect and I am happy to welcome you all today to the Sect Trials. I am in charge of sending you all to the designated areas to begin your trials. Those who pass these trials and have outstanding performance would be taken into high ranking sects. Your points that you obtain would be displayed a the leaderboard to prove your performance." Duwaong declared with a smile as he stroked his long beard. 

"Great master please, how do we gather or check our points?" A youth from the crowd asked loudly. 

"You would be giving tokens that would record your points whenever you kill a monster. Soake sure to kill as many monsters as you can within a month," Duwaong replied calmly. 

"What if some of us kill a monster as a team? How would the points be shared?" Another youth asked curiously. 

"The tokens would record your points according to your contribution. So don't worry about unfair distribution," Duwaong reassured. 

"If there aren't anymore questions I shall continue," Duwaong said as he flicked his robe. 

"There would be criminals released in the trial who would try to kill you, so fight at your own risk. If you managed to kill them your points would be doubled. Of your life is in danger smash the token on your belt and it would teleport you away but you would be eliminated. Your mission is to reach the end of the forest. There would be little glowing blue flies that would point the way to the end of the forest so you don't get lost," Duwaong concluded and the crowd erupted into cheers. 

The crowd erupted in cheers. "Finally, the trials are kicking off!" yelled one woman.

"I'm gonna prove I belong with the top sects!" shouted a thrilled man.

A woman on the whale hollered, "You all would be teleporting soon so be ready!" 

"Yes, immortal!" the enthusiastic youth chorused.

"Mina are you ready?" Kai asked her as he turned and looked at her. 

"I am! I've remembered some of my fighting skills, so I would be fine, so there's no need to worry!" Mina said confidently as she gave a thumbs up. 

'She's so optimistic, she is so cute,' Kai thought as he bent down to rub her face against his. 

"I'll be by your side, okay?" Kai said with a smile. 

"If I were you, it's better to not to doubt my Senior Sister's ability to fight. She's better than all my Senior brothers," Ben chimed in as he adjusted his glasses. 

"I have to doubt your words a bit Ben. But knowing Mina she's probably strong, but since I haven't seen Mina fight so I would also be by her side!" Hyun said. 

"Me too ," Ben shyly admitted, earning a glare from Kai.

"I won't let you hog her for yourself, Mina is my girlfriend too you know!" Hyun said happily with a wink as he hugged Mina from behind. 

"People are staring at her and I don't like people staring at my cute Mina," Hyun pouted as he used his chin to rub on Mina's head. 

Mina, with a sudden realization, wore a serious expression, thinking, 'Am I that short? No I'm taller than average women. Or maybe these guys are just tall, but it's not so bad, hehehe,' Mina giggled to herself silently which sounded extremely cute.

"Lady, lady!" familiar voice interrupted Mina's thoughts. She turned to see Fown pushing through the crowd, wearing a beaming expression as he locked eyes with her.

"It's that girl, she's alive!" Mina's mind raced as panic set in. Her expression mirrored someone who'd just seen a ghost.

"Lady!!!" The girl yelled joyfully, but before she could reach Mina, everyone's bodies blurred, and in a flash they all vanished into thin air.

"So, any guesses on what this year's sect trials will be like?" inquired an old woman, strolling over to Duwaong.

"Well the youths this hear are outstanding. There are 30 Late star Realm and only 20 are at Golden Star Realm. This is impressive," Duwaong nodded happily as he spoke. 

"Oh yes, the young master Evan Secndraff. He's a Techmania but has managed to cultivate that fast. He's impressive," remarked a mature woman with fiery red eyes, glued to the screen before her.  

"Also the young lady from the Gu family is also a prodigy. At 27 years old she has managed to reach Golden Star Realm. The Gu family never falls short of geniuses," chimed in the old woman, her face beaming. The trio chatted happily about the Golden Star Realm youths, but suddenly, Meimei, the old woman, turned serious. "But there are four people whom we have no idea of their identity or background, but they are at Golden Star Realm." She swiped her hand and a screen of four individuals appeared before her. All had dead cold eyes and scars on their bodies. Mina was part of them. 

"Rogue cultivators?" The mature woman, Ephily, blurted out she raised an eyebrow. 

"I believe so, because they are this strong and aren't in any clan," Meimei confirmed her hands behind her back. 

"Interesting," Duwaong mused. 

"I guess our Dark Raven Sect would be interested in them," Clara an alluring woman wearing a beautiful purple dress and her side thighs showing said as she sat on a chair. 

"Don't push your luck maybe one of the Heavenly Sects may want them," Duwaong retorted, eyeing Clara and stroking his beard.

______

"Where's Mina?" Kai asked as he opened and closed his palms but the feeling of Mina's palms was no longer there. 

"She didn't teleport with us?" Hyun asked as he had a a nervous expression on her face.

"I'm going to find her!!" Ben declared as he begun to walk away. 

"Why so anxious? Didn't you say we shouldn't doubt her abilities?" teased Hyung, raising an eyebrow mischievously.

"But aren't you worried?" Ben asked as his hands trembled. 

"Why should I be worried?" Hyun shrugged. "My only concern is that Reoul didn't teleport with us and we would be separated for a month." 

"Meaning…?" Kai asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Meaning that she would probably catch Reoul," Hyun said as he shook his head. 

"We have to find them before that happens!" Kai said with a determined expression. His eyes had darkened and he pursed his lips. 

"Mina would probably walk ahead so let's just try our luck and go straight forward!" Hyun stated and all three men begun to dash forward. 

_______

"I wasn't teleported with them?" Mina pondered, realizing she was alone with Reoul in the forest. 

"Luckily you're still near me Reoul," Mina sounded relieved as she took Reoul's hand. 

"Let's walk together and fight monsters so that we don't get lost. If we get lost it would be bad for you," Mina's words caused herself to shiver since she knew what would happen to Roeul if she or him strayed far away from each other. 

"The immortal said we should go to the end of the forest and seeing how we were positioned at the started my guess is that we just go straight," Reoul said calmly. 

"Alright then, straight it is!!" Mina declared, as she and Reoul walked forward. 

After hours of walking night time fell and Mina and Reoul sat around a fire as meat was being roasted. 

Mina licked her lips as she was finally done roating the meat. She snapped her fingers and two large played appeared before her. She shared the food equally for her and Reoul as she happily devoured the meat. 

"Maybe the trials are easier than expected," Mina mused, checking her token, displaying 120 points, and Reoul's, showing 100 points.

4