Drunk
362 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Almost immediately, Mu Yuze's arms came around his broad shoulders. "Juan-gege…" 

Perhaps it was because of how hot Mu Yuze's touch was, or perhaps it was the quiet desperation in his tone as he called out He Juan's name, or perhaps… it was He Juan himself who was getting sappy, he actually felt an acute pain wrenching his gut when he heard that. So hard that he could not breathe for a few moments as tears started to gather on the corner of his eyes. Sweat broke out on his temple and He Juan had to lean closer into the source of Mu Yuze's scent as though that was the oxygen he needed to live.

Exactly how could those three words be so painful? He Juan could not figure it out…

He Juan could not quite describe what he was feeling right now. He was… happy, delighted yet at the same time so… so sad. It was like he was rediscovering a piece of himself he did not know was lost until it finally slotted back to him with a click. Locked and complete.

"Juan-gege…" Mu Yuze murmured again, this time he did not hesitate to tuck his nose on the side of He Juan's neck and inhaled deeply, his rising chest pushing against He Juan's own. 

Oh how grateful He Juan was that his long hair was braided otherwise he would not be able to feel the tiny stutter on Mu Yuze's breath or the way his hot breath caressed the sensitive skin near He Juan's gland. Goosebumps rippled along his skin as Mu Yuze mumbled out loud, seemingly not even realizing what he was saying, "Oh, you smell so good…"

He Juan gritted his teeth so hard that it cracked. Beside Mu Yuze's head, his fists were balled so tight that veins were bulging out of his biceps. Mine, every single inch of his soul cried out, mine mine mine. 

Metallic tang of blood burst inside his mouth and only then did He Juan realize that he had been clenching his jaws so tightly that his gums bled. But he did not regret it at all. He both wanted this sweet torture to end quickly and at the same time, never end at all. Being so close to Mu Yuze like this was heavenly but… if he were to open his mouth now… then his canines would be out and—

No! He screwed his eyes shut and firmly reined himself back with willpower alone. He would not bite Mu Yuze here, at this enclosed space that smelled more and more awful by seconds, and certainly not now! 

The universe must have finally taken a pity on his misery because in the next second, a blast of fresh air washed away the heated pheromones, followed by the elevator door that was opening to reveal the janitor whose mouth was agape as he caught sight of the two men in a provocative position. 

"I saw that… the elevator has not moved for a while," he stammered out, not meeting He Juan's eyes. "So I came to check up on you. I apologize, but I… I must ask you to move this somewhere else!"

Fortunately, the janitor was a Beta thus unable to smell the heavy air of Alpha and Omega's arousal that was filling the air around them. Nonetheless, He Juan could not ignore the possibility that someone, either an Alpha or Omega, would pass by at any moment and catch them red-handed. By then, things would not merely stop at a simple warning, but a direct summon to the closest station for public indecency!

He Juan finally pushed himself off Mu Yuze, his smile ready on his face albeit a little strained on the edges. But then to his utter surprise, he found that Mu Yuze's body was swaying to chase after him! A soft noise of protest escaped his throat when his nose was separated from He Juan's gland. Goodness, Mu Yuze was drunk on his pheromones! How could he be so adorable?!

Just in one glance, He Juan knew that he could not let the janitor — or anybody else — see the state Mu Yuze was in now. His dark eyes were misty and dewy. The flush was still high on his beautiful cheeks and his lips parted as though to chase after the lingering taste of the Alpha's pheromones… He Juan shut his eyes and counted to three. When he opened them again, not a hint of fluster could be seen within. 

With a movement so smooth as if he had done it countless times before, he slid one hand behind Mu Yuze's head and guided the omega's head to return to the crook of his neck, the other wrapped securely around his waist to support him. 

"I am very sorry," he offered an apologetic smile to the janitor. "My friend is feeling a bit unwell so I have to stop a bit to take care of him. Don't worry, we will get out of your hair soon." He reached out to press on the button to his floor. 

But before he could do that, the janitor suddenly exclaimed, "Ah! Aren't you Mr. He from room 502? The neighbor of the lady who's currently missing?" 

His words sobered He Juan up almost immediately and reminded him with a harsh slap that they were here for business! He had just intended to take his belongings, found a cheap motel to stay for a few days and stopped bothering Mu Yuze who definitely had a lot of investigation to do rather than accompanying a murder suspect! 

He smiled and opened his mouth to agree when a burning wet touch landed on the side of his neck, almost making him jump out of his skin. His arm around Mu Yuze's waist tightened in shock. Goodness… did Mu Yuze just lick his skin?! Just as He Juan thought that he had definitely gone insane from his wild imagination, the sensation came again. His pupils shook violently and he almost had a heart attack right there and then. He was not wrong! Mu Yuze was indeed starting to lick He Juan's neck while letting out his own scent—

Heavens, he was going to scent He Juan, right now, in this kind of place, in front of someone else!

He Juan did not even register what the janitor was saying when he hastily cut the man off. "I am very sorry, Sir. I have to go now." He Juan jammed the close button with more force than necessary as he gripped the back of Mu Yuze's neck within his broad palm, trying desperately to stop him for a moment.

"O–Oh!" The janitor blinked in surprise. The door started to close as he added. "Anyway, please don't take it to heart eh, Mr. He? I was just answering what the police asked me. I definitely did not doubt you at—" His voice was cut off as the door fully slid close. The elevator ascended smoothly.

Oh God… He Juan felt like he had aged ten years just from this alone. He let his tensed smile slip to reveal the helplessness beneath. Gripping Mu Yuze's neck tighter, tight enough to draw his attention but not to hurt him, He Juan tried to catch his dazed eyes. "Xiao Ze, stop." He told the omega sternly with a tormented look. "Please stop, okay?"

The world must be coming to an end now because Mu Yuze just let out a whimper. A very soft, very aggrieved whimper that shot straight into He Juan's heart. Oh God… "Why… are you angry at me?"

He Juan's eyes softened as he let out a chuckle. "I am not angry. How can I, when you're so adorable like this?" 

It did not take long for them to arrive on the fifth floor. Mu Yuze was right, the entire floor had indeed been covered by police lines, especially the door next to He Juan's. But fortunately, the blood on the hallway had already been cleaned up. He half dragged and half lifted Mu Yuze out of that elevator toward his door. While he freed one hand to punch in the codes, Mu Yuze was back to tucking his face into the crook of He Juan's neck, mouthing softly at his skin.

He Juan's fingers shook badly, causing him to enter the wrong password. He was grateful that his brain, albeit a little crazed, did not act up again otherwise he would not know what to do if he were to forget his front door's passcode. 

He forced out in an extremely hoarse voice, pained. "Xiao Ze, be patient okay? Just a little bit more. Just a few more seconds…"

Click. The door was opened and He Juan brought them both in.

1