Reunion
211 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Richter's POV]

Unlike what I initially expected, it was Jie Yuan and not me who managed to find her other daughter. We didn't have any lead but there was another oddity in the Blue Pole Star which she noticed with her senses.

"I'm getting more and more interested in that treasure that you have," I told her while whistling at the great expanse of space concealed in this ship. The treasure that allows her to control space, the World Piercer, could be exactly what I need in order to reach Helius faster. Alas, it doesn't seem to be a treasure she's willing to give away.

She ignored my words; Jie Yuan and her daughter, Ni Jie, were both staring at the centre of the room where we currently were. It was metallic and modern... the interior of a ship of sorts. According to her, this gargantuan ship was called the 'Spirit World of Heaven and Earth' and it was created by her husband and given as a gift to the 'Sword Spirit God Clan'.

'I don't understand why this world has so many unnecessary old names' I sighed, I guess as 'Richter Magnanimous Golden-Haze... I can't complain'.

...

"Millions of years ago when my daughter was split into two... the one to take care of her was Li Suo, the Creation Goddess of Life. Although I hated Ni Xuan's initiative back then; there was no better option... it was that of risking her perishing in the hands of Mo E his underlings... we couldn't fight him and Xi Ke, and then protect her at the same time. She was sent to the Sword Spirit God Clan and he gave them this ship as a gift for their favour since our daughter was highly cherished among them... this ship shouldn't have been here in the Blue Pole Star... that's how I knew something was odd" Jie Yuan explained to me caressing a crystal-like coffin that contained a beautiful child with auburn coloured hair within it. She resembled Ni Jie a lot in regard to her natural complexion.

The silver-haired girl seemed to look at the heart longingly as if she wanted to merge with her, but... I noticed something else... two things in fact.

"Lady Yuan..." The hazy silhouette of a female appeared before us, she had clear clothes and hair, resembling a ghost. Jie Yuan immediately placed her attention on her and I felt hostility.

"You are a remnant of the Sword Spirit Clan..."

"I never thought I'd see you again... Heaven Smiting Devil Emperor" Saying those words, there was only raw fear in the ghost's voice.

"Cut your chattery and tell me what happened... why is my daughter poisoned?!" Seeing her daughter in this condition I could easily tell that Jie Yuan was holding herself from going berserk and perhaps causing irreparable damage to this planet or even the star sector.

When I placed my hand on her shoulder and shook my head, she calmed down. The spirit took this chance to explain herself.

"I assume you know nothing... very well... even though it is a long story... I shall explain to you everything that took place".

It was then that her story began and damn... when she said it was a long story, she wasn't joking.

**

**

I even had the urge to leave this world and get back to my pregnant maid as soon as possible. There was no need for me to stand up here and listen to the long explanation. War, Evil Infant, Creation Gods, Poison, destruction, obliteration. A bunch of long names again, Heaven Punishing Ancestral Sword, Heaven Punishing Emperor. May the heavens punish his mother.

I don't give a fart... but this woman, Jie Yuan, stopped me again, taking me by the wrist as if I was her support.

'Why does she need me by her side anyway?' I wondered.

"The Evil Infant and my Sky Poison Pearl together... what is the meaning of this? why would Ni Xuan do something like that?" She looked at me as if I was all-knowing.

'How can I know?'

"Haven't you been paying attention, Richter?" she asked me with a frown upon seeing my silent stare.

"I haven't" I shrugged my shoulders and she growled initially, turning herself towards me to give me a fixed glare.

"You... are you in such a haste to leave?"

"One of my mates is pregnant, Jie Yuan..."

!!!

She gasped, something I hadn't told her yet. I didn't consider it to be necessary... but since she is so adamant and takes so much importance in her children, I'd expect her to know how much I cherish mine as well.

I'm genuinely happy that Grayfia is pregnant, and I'm looking forward to everything being okay. There are many matters that I must sort out, like this odd existence inside her... although I was magnanimous enough to assist Jie Yuan. This is not my priority.

"I see... I'm sorry for being so inconsiderate" She told me, looking downcast, "In my haste to reunite with my child... I have taken you away from yours... you should have told me".

I scratched my head and turned around.

"Just get it over with and let's go... you don't want to stay in this world, do you?"

I don't know what her reaction was, but her next words sounded a little more enthusiastic.

"... thank you... but... I must heal my daughter first. The poison that infected her is something that could kill even me, a Devil Emperor. If not for this Coffin of Eternity which is one of Li Suo's treasures... she'd be gone... my daughter would have perished".

"Do you have any ideas?" I asked her with intrigue, a poison that could kill the likes of her should be able to do something to me, even if a scratch. Jie Yuan is an entity scratching the edge between a God and a Primordial. She should be stronger than even Ophis and Great Red.

The only reason I am even assisting her is obviously that I'm interested in her powers, and also... the sequences of events that drew this world towards its downfall also make me curious.

...

"Lady Yuan, I'm afraid the Sky Poison Pearl is the only way, however... it hasn't been seen for millions of years" the spirit said as if to shatter whatever hope there was. But Jie Yuan had a counter for that. I know she mentioned it previously when we were with the boy.

"I know where the Sky Poison Pearl is" the Devil Emperor affirmed, slanting surprise out of the ghost.

!!!

"S-Seriously?!"

"Yes, do you remember, Richter? that boy has it... the pearl is in no good condition, and the Poison Spirit within it has perished; likely due to this whole incident... there was also a disgraceful Star God concealed within the pearl, she tried to suppress her aura as much as she could, fruitlessly" She spoke with ire, particularly when she mentioned the 'Star God'.

"How do you know?" I inquired and she took out the World Piercer, looking at it fixedly.

"Because the Sky Poison Pearl belongs to me... when my husband and I married... we exchanged our heavenly profound treasures. This World Piercer belongs to him, while the Sky Poison Pearl belongs to me. That is the reason I'm not an expert with it as he was... just like he was also not an expert using my pearl, that must be the reason why the Poison Spirit died, his inefficiency. Ni Xuan, it was you who caused this catastrophe, but why?"

It is certainly an interesting mystery. Millions of years ago, the Evil Infant, one of the worst entities in this world according to this Sword Spirit, was released... killing millions of gods and devil gods... literally ridding this world of gods. Now we know the one that caused that incident was her husband, Ni Xuan... or at least, that's what everything indicates.

"Then take it from the boy" I suggested to her immediately but she shook her head.

"Ni Xuan said everything that happened to that boy so far, was according to his plans... if I take the pearl from him, I may alter the future that he predicted. Although I plan to abandon this world, I don't have the right to get rid of the seed of hope he planted".

I scowled loudly, and there she goes again... that's why I hate old-wise entities like her and Ether.

"Who cares about that future? take the pearl to heal your daughter, Jie Yuan".

The Devil Emperor glared at me lightly before releasing a small laugh, caressing the coffin of her daughter, now in a better mood, even Ni Jie looked at her in contemplation, likely wondering why her mother was so enthusiastic.

"Sometimes I wished I could be as resolute as you, Richter. Thankfully, there is another way... if that doesn't work, then I have no option but to take the pearl away from Yun Che, if it comes down to it, I shall be wilful as you advise me".

She covered the coffin in darkness and I assume saved it in her personal space.

"Who has the ownership of this ark?" She then asked the spirit who bowed down slightly.

"It was me, but I passed it over to the young mistress... now that I know that she is in your hands, I can pass away in peace. She won't be in better hands than her own mother's"

Just like that, with a smile and after finishing her words, the spirit scattered, leaving this world.

Jie Yuan took my wrist and teleported us towards yet another spot in this world.

There, we found a hideous creature emitting enormous darkness.

"Impossible... H-Heaven Smiting Devil Emperor".

"It has been a long time, Moon Slaughter Devil Sovereign".

I rolled my eyes. Here we go again.

10