Volume I: The Fall – Chapter 19
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vera in particular seemed quite shaken at what they witnessed, 'Is this what the weak is subjected to...? I-If I don't become strong enough, am I going to become some disgusting demon's pet?'

the thought frightened her to no end and suddenly the two people that instructed her for a whole year seemed like her saviours.

***

"The black stones are human souls, the soul of a person is stored in that stone... You should know a few of its characteristics or you wouldn't be here... All I will tell you for the pennies that you're paying me is that you can exchange those souls for the local currency of the place where you are. Different cities have different currencies and different exchange rates... It all depends on their diplomatic status and your status~" The vagrant spoke, the three of them sitting in what looked like a 'Cafe'.

The bastard took them here to pay for his meal!

He sipped from his hot drink, 'Ashwood Tea', that they didn't even know what the heck it was.

"How much is the exchange rate for this place's local currency? And what is the level of acquisition one has with this currency?" Right now Valentine wanted to understand their current circumstances more than anything, understand this world's mechanics… at the very least this hell seemed like a place you could roam as long as you're strong enough.

"Now now, one question at a time... The exchange rate... It's volatile, you won't ever find two people that give you the same exchange rate, as for the level of acquisition of a currency within the city, that's standard... For example, this 'Ashwood Tea' will cost the same regardless of where you get it in this city... This city's name is Mahogany Devilish Central by the way, it's one of the strongest cities within the circle." The vagrant sipped his tea and smiled with his disgusting black teeth.

He stopped speaking when a pretty demoness came with a smile, dressing in a very tight dress that showed more than a little of her butt!

Fayette grit her teeth at this demoness' shamelessness!

'She might as well be naked and it would be less arousing!'

*PA!*

The vagrant surprisingly slapped the demoness' butt that wiggled as she moaned.

"Get me a nether wolf pastry, please~" The vagrant spoke with lewd intent, and the demoness didn't go straight away, instead she flashed Valentine a smile and placed a piece of paper on the vagrant's hand, she gave Valentine a last wink and turned heels!

"What the hell just happened?" Vera's flying saucers for eyes stared at the demoness that walked away wiggling her big purple butt, if one looked closely, she's not wearing panties or anything!

"I hope this nether wolf whatever is not going to be too expensive, bastard… I'll leave you here with that-!" Valentine began, but he didn't finish.

"Don't look!" Fayette placed her hands-on Valentine's eyes as the latter nonchalantly kept staring at it.

"My friend, as a fellow man I will give you and advice as someone who has been here for two million years..."

"W-What did you say!? Two million years!?" Fayette yelled so loud many of the other customers stared at her with clear annoyance!

'How can a simple vagrant have lived here for two million years!? There weren't even humans at that stage!' Valentine thought inwardly, confused but also excited about this world.

"Indeed, and I can be considered young... You see in this place, it is very hard to die~"

"Ah?!"

"What do you expect, this is Hell! You're not supposed to die, you're supposed to live endless suffering. If you wanted to die, you should have died in that forest, that was your only chance... To die here is very difficult, do you think those two women from before wouldn't rather die than be some demon's torture pet?"

"..."

Indeed.

"I can give you a very valuable piece of advice for a single soul~" he extended his gruesome hand, expecting to get a stone.

The trio rolled their eyes and Valentine placed a stone in the man's hand, totally certain that he was being scammed but they needed the information anyway, this is the last stone he's spending here.

The man took the stone with a smile that turned deranged the next second, "Stop thinking like you're on Earth~"

"..."

"This place is nothing like earth, the rules... everything, the logic isn't like anything you have ever experienced, here people don't move by money... they don't move by survival."

"... then what do people seek here?" Vera asked this time.

"That's something you're going to realise the more you live in here…"

"I will ask you a question logical question so that you can figure yourself. This place is crowded with humans and demons, very smart, shrewd and clever ones. I have been here for millions of years, suffering all kinds of atrocities... Yet in this world, the scientific revolution doesn't exist at all."

!!!

Logically, humans would have already tried to fend off against demons in some way.

"D-Do you mean?" The trio didn't understand where he's coming from.

"What I mean is, that this world works nothing like the Earth, so if you keep thinking as if you're on Earth... You will suffer, a lot."

"..."

"Now, my friend following on my previous advice, if I was you, I'd never fuck a demoness in here... Trust me, you will be in for a life of damnation if you do~" He showed Valentine the piece of paper.

'Come to the back and have some fun with me in an hour, bring your friend over. <3'

That's what is written in there.

"What a slut..." Fayette huffed in disdain.

"Hahaha! Well, she is, and proudly so… she has her reasons to show a piece of paper like this, to every possible human customer that she meets. Now, if you excuse me, I'll exchange these stones for some good currency~"

Valentine furrowed his brows, truly a clever cunt... He had been planning to stand from this table and leave the Vagrant to pay the bill, but he acted faster.

...

"What do we do now, should we exchange everything we have for coins?" Vera looked at the menu, since they were shamelessly left to pay, they might as well have a good meal here.

The problem is, they don't have the local currency and also... She doesn't know a single thing from this menu!

The Demoness came back with the beef pastry and gazed at the empty spot in bewilderment and dejection.

"He left, aishh... do you want to take his place, hunk?~" The Demoness placed the pastry on the table and smiled at them before shamelessly sitting on the vagrant's previous spot.

Her purple skin glistened with the cafe's light, her two curled horns seemed tantalizing and her cleavage was so big, a little more and she would be in Fayette's level.

Valentine stared at her, trying to avoid the cleavage lest the two sharp pairs of eyes beside him decided to start a killing spree.

Still, it said a lot about Fayette if her luscious breasts were even bigger than a demoness specialized in seduction...

"He won't... are you interested in answering some questions, Mrs Demoness?" Fayette took on the conversation without permission and split the pastry in three, giving Vera and Valentine a piece... This would be their first proper meal after a whole year...

"UHM~ So Good!" Vera ate her piece happily, they had tasted so much 'shit' during the whole year, that this pastry tasted like the ambrosia of the gods! It made her want to eat, and eat and eat! and never stop!

Valentine was very much the same, but he noticed... That the desire to eat more of this was getting awfully big!

"Answer questions? I will answer all the questions you want~ I can see that you three are newcomers in this place... However, there will be a cost~"

"What's the cost?" Fayette also refrained from eating the whole thing in one go.

"The cost is that you let me fuck this hunk after I finish my break, do that and I will answer everything you want, I can give you some service as well dear~" The Demoness sent Valentine a wink and even moved her dress aside a little, flashing her nipple!

"Fuck…you…" Fayette exploded almost instantly and grasped her knife, only to be stopped by Valentine!

"Calm down... surely there is a better price to pay?" He restrained his enraged girlfriend as the demoness seemed to ignore him and instead spoke to Fayette!

"There is no need to get upset Mrs Girlfriend-number-one... tou, the hunk, girlfriend-number-two and me~ can have a lot of fun together, don't worry... I'll make sure to give the three of you pleasure beyond imaginable, I can even call a few of my demoness friends if you want bigger numbers~" The demoness played with her own nipple, even bringing it to her mouth and sucking it, totally convinced she got these three!

'Shit...' Valentine gulped and stood up, barely restraining Fayette together with Vera who seemed to have gone berserk.

He is a man, and this is a type of temptation that even someone as cold and tempered as him, had a hard time rejecting... This is truly hell where demons run amock in every corner.

'Girlfriend-number-two...' Vera blushed, not really against it.

"We will pay the bill and leave..." He stated after hugging Fayette against his chest.

"Is that so? Sad... It will be five hundred coins for the pastry and the tea." The demoness stared at Valentine with a sad look, to the point he almost felt bad for rejecting her!

'Dammit, they're crafty! Moreover, five hundred!? What's the inflation rate of this coin?!' Once more he felt he was getting scammed badly, but with little to no information of this city, what else could he do except willingly allow others to stick it up his ass!?

"I'm sorry but we don't have coins, we can pay with souls."

!!!

His words were heard not only by the demoness but also, the other customers whether they be humans or demons or the other demoness waitresses.

"Oh... I'm sorry but, I'm not allowed to accept payment in souls, I can only accept the local amethyst coin. But..." The demoness placed her finger on her lip and smiled lightly.

A smile that served as a bad omen for the trio who right at this moment, were cursing at that damned vagrant with all their hearts.

Several of the customers, particularly the demons that outnumbered the humans, laughed heartily while the humans just gave them a grim expression and remained silent.

...

"But?" Valentine gulped in, truly one hell of a situation he couldn't get out of with his knives!

"But I can allow you to stay here with me while your two girls go to the exchange shop and get the coins, But there is one condition..."

"What is it, just say it!?" Fayette yelled with her eyes starting to turn red, she already knew what this demoness wanted!

"Hehe... I want..."

3