Volume I: The Fall – Chapter 22
62 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Trio walked down the city, sightseeing more than anything else, but a tense atmosphere permeated the three of them after the events that just took place.

Fayette walked in front with an angry expression, refusing to talk to him.

Vera walked behind also with an upset expression but not willing to admit it.

The three of them, however, held a delicious bottle of water each... The first time in a year they had actually drunk clean water!

"Faye, we should first look for lodging." He approached his angry woman, understandably so...

"..." The woman pouted crossed her arms and moved her head away!

Valentine didn't know if he should sign or smirk, 'What are you, a jealous little girl?'

However, he could also understand… if some man came and groped her breasts, he would at the very least cut the bastard's hand off.

But the blonde beauty couldn't possibly do that to the obviously powerful demoness.

In the end he used his brain as always, Valentine smirked and hugged her abdomen moving his head to meet hers, "I'm sure there must be some kind of bath and shower there, you want to take a shower, don't you?~·

The mature lady still acted like a spoiled girl, blushed and pouted while moving her gaze away from his once again, but noticeably calmer.

'D-Damn you…'

He always knows what to say and when to say it.

"I'm sure there must be some kind of good sauna with a big pool... we will pay anything just so you get all the pool for yourself~"

Vera stared at them with a bit of jealousy but also amusement, Fayette could truly be cute when she didn't want to.

"O-Okay, but I haven't forgiven you!" She yelled and kept walking strides, staring to the sides to every shop's sign just to look for one that said 'Warm your arse here'.

Valentine smiled with a victorious glint and followed suit, signalling Vera to come too.

They didn't have luck finding the 'Best Shower Room Ever'.

But they did find some kind of Hotel that looked rather decent.

Upon entering the 'luxurious' place, the first thing they saw was a demon male with proper attire, upon staring at them, disgust became apparent but he didn't show it outrightly... not like seeing a piece of shit on the road, more like the gaze of a rich bastard when he regards as vagrant from his sport car.

Demons are shrewd.

As long as the piece of shit has a diamond attached to it, it is no longer a piece of shit...

And no one that has no money wouldn't dare enter this place.

"What can I help you with, dear customers~" He smiled and addressed Fayette.

"..." Valentine frowned slightly.

"I'd like to know how much is it for two rooms..." Fayette went straight to the point since she is the one being addressed.

Vera couldn't help but sigh inwardly in outrage!

'Two rooms!?' Since when do they sleep separately?

"Faye, there is no need to waste money in two rooms."

She 'smiled' to her dear friend but 'Faye' wasn't smiling at her at all!

"Don't worry, we can afford it~"

Valentine wasn't paying attention to them, his gaze was fixed in this demon whose gaze is focused on Fayette's cleavage that despite being muddy and dirty, showed the premise of a big rack…

"If you keep staring... I'm fucking tearing your eyes off..." His voice contained endless poison, so what if he's a demon?

'I'm still going to cut you down, motherfucker.'

The atmosphere just went from tense to volcanic!

The Demon didn't take kind of that comment, 'Hmph, measly human...' but this is his job...

Disregarding Valentine's comment he addressed Fayette again

"How about I show you one of the rooms, My Lady?~"

Fayette who rejoiced upon hearing Valentine's rant, gave her lover a sharp and amused glint!

'So you're jealous now, huh?~'

"Why not? please, show me one of the rooms." She glared at the demon who smiled and lead the way where they all followed.

They went through many room doors, carefully moving through the hallways least some ambush takes place.

This was exactly like a four stars hotel... It's bound to be expensive they thought, but after one year of straight hell, they thought they deserve at least this much before the true journey begins.

The group entered a room after the man scanned some kind of card in a runic symbol on the door.

It lit up with a red light, leaving the group in awe at the 'magic'.

The room was big with two cosy beds and a table.

Nothing out of order compared to their previous world, but a paradise compared to that forest!

"This is our standard room, my lady..." He turned to Fayette with a smile.

"How much for one night?"

"For you, I can give it to you for a month at a short price of a hundred amethyst coins... However, there is a condition..." He winked at her and grasped Fayette's hand!

!!!

Valentine was about to draw his knife and slice this bastard's neck!

But Fayette released her hand quickly and stopped him, rather than feel disgusted by the demon she looked at her lover with amusement!

It's not everyday she gets to see the calm and calculating Valentine so worked up.

Even if he's not throwing a tantrum, it's clear by his gaze alone that he's looking forward to spilling blood.

"Stop, honey... We don't know if it will be too troublesome later with the authorities.

" It's so good to be at this end of the sword for once!

Vera simply shook her head in exasperation.

"What is the condition? that she sleeps with you right here!?" Valentine paid her no heed but moved his knife away.

Indeed, it's not wise to kill this demon when they're still not completely sure of their surroundings.

"Of course not you filthy brute... Not once... It's that she will allow me to stay here with her through the whole month."

The Demon said unashamedly and even winked at her, sad that she released herself, otherwise he would have made her grasp his crotch just to test the goods!

"…"

Oh boe, here we go killing again.

'YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD!'

He took the knife out as quickly as he drew it in!

"Come on, calm down dear and you stop your nonsense" Fayette and Vera both restrained Valentine... It's usually very difficult to take the unbridged assassin out of character.

And this demon seemed to be doing it on purpose.

Having had enough fun to calm her previous anger, Fayette grasped her lover's hand lest he draws the other knife and slaughters this Demon, making them have to flee this city to the wilderness.

"As you can see, my man doesn't agree, can you give us the standard price?" She spoke seriously this time.

"The standard price is three hundred coins for a week, ninety for a day~"

'What the hell is this difference in pricing?!'

"But I still have another offert~" The demon began with a wicked smile.

Valentine rolled his eyes.

"I can leave it to you for a hundred a week... In exchange for a kiss of either of these two ladies, a little one~"

These demons truly don't give it a rest.

...

"I reject..." Fayette was quick to say but she regarded Vera.

"I-I reject too..." Vera also stuttered but quivered when Fayette turned around with a glint.

"Why? You're single Vera... there shouldn't be a problem..." Fayette stared at her friend with a sharp gaze and even Valentine could detect the poison in her voice.

"Faye..." All Valentine received was a tight squeeze of his hand.

"I..." Vera didn't know what to say, she gazed in Valentine's direction as if asking for help.

"She doesn't want to kiss you, stop with your nonsense and don't force my hand demon... Here is for a whole month..." Valentine immediately got in front of Vera and took out several coins from his bag.

"..." (Fayette)

"..." (Vera)

"I see... let's go back so that I can hand you the seal, you have the right to use the shower room whenever you want and you're entitled to a 20% discount at our restaurant."

The Demon sounded rather disappointed.

They all walked back with a stern atmosphere between them.

Fayette was conscious that what she did was a dirty play, but even if her friendship with Vera had improved a lot in a year... Her thoughts hadn't changed, in fact, the more her love for Valentine increased, the more assured she was of her decision.

She knows Vera's feelings but... It's none of her business.

She's not sharing but… Fayette also doesn't dare to outrightly throw Vera away.

It would be too heartless, in this god forsaken place, someone that can be trusted is optimal, and the three of them had formed a rather robust relationship.

But she still can't relent on that last step, whenever she thinks of it… her waist itches so badly.

"Do you want a room or two?" The Demon Inquired.

Before Fayette or Valentine could say anything, one of them spoke.

"One is enough, please..." Vera said only to receive a cold and a concerned gaze, but she didn't care.

They have kept this status quo for half a year now, half a year ago when she finally acknowledged her feelings for Valentine.

If she relents now, she's going to be casted aside.

But she's more than motivated now, it's the first time Valentine has sided with her, it might not be much, but it's something.

They were given the key of the room and walked back in silence, not hand in hand as they would usually, just with tension.

Inside the room, they regarded it for a minute before setting up their next destination.

There were four bathrobes, four towels and many other garments such as sleepers.

After washing their arms, they took all their garments, bags included to the Hotel's bathroom.

It was time to take a shower... a real shower.

3