Chapter 7: Change Of Plans
285 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Change Of Plans

"I want to have a room here."

"But sir all of them are occupied."

"Then do you know a place i can stay nearby."

"I guess you can try your luck at Giant Dwarf inn."

"Thank you miss."

"Ahh you don't have to call me that, I’m already 102 years old."

An ordinary elf has a very long life span, reaching almost one thousand.

'I hate alcohol anyway.'

I went out of the bar and went to the Giant Dwarf inn which only took me ten minutes on foot.

The front of the inn is a big picture of a bearded dwarf.

After i walked inside, the place was crowded.

"Are you sure this place has any room left for us," i asked someone nearby.

"Of course, don't be fooled by the small size of the inn, the rooms reach not just up but down as well."

'A room underground huh, should be very hot.'

At the receptionist counter is a blond man wearing goggles.

"Is there any rooms left."

"Yes there are still two more rooms available, the city is getting crowded recently huh."

"What do you think cause it?"

"Probably because of the recent vampire incident, people are fleeing from the south."

"Is the church not doing anything?"

"Of course they’re fighting the vampires, although the ghosts are making the church occupied, also are you going to rent a room or not?"

"A room for three nights please."

"That'll be 6 silver coins."

I handed the coins and went down to the lower part of the inn.

When i gone down to my room underground to see how it is possible to make an inn underground, i felt that the underground part of the inn is cold.

I asked a nearby worker of the inn, a female dwarf with orange hair.

“The place is kept cold and have a good air circulation because of the respiration stone around here.”

“I thought those are only used as a way to breathe under water.”

“Yes it can also do that but its main function is producing cold and breathable air.”

When i arrived at my room i found a white stone on top of the door and on top of a table beside my bed.

“I guess this place will do.”

I sat on the bed and looked at the spirit bag the sect master gave me.

‘A map, lots of spirit stones, and a...sword.’

When i took it out i saw that it’s very normal.

A double edge sword that has a cross guard and a hilt with a pommel.

‘Somehow this looks more like a warrior’s sword instead of an immortal weapon.’ 

After i checked what's inside, i sat on the bed and cultivated.

///

The next day i didn't make a breakthrough but I’m close.

I hung the sword at my hip and went out.

'It's weird that i was given a sword but not with a manual on how to use it, i guess I’ll just swing it around.'

In the next two days i have nothing to do...so i went out of the city and searched for some monsters.

There are two types of monsters that have appeared in this world.

The first one is animals that gained power and evolve into a different creature they’re called power beast.

The second one is more unnatural as they appear from the light pillars and they are very powerful and each race has their own name like vampires.

'I wonder if I’m a vampire.'

I have red eyes like the vampires but my heart is still beating and i don’t drink blood.

I went to a forest quite a bit far to the south east.

But when i was going there by foot a group of bandits approached me.

When i was them i thought i was going to be mugged but i was proven wrong.

“Hey there friend do you want to join us, we need some more men you see,” a black striped humanoid cat or the feline race said.

I guess they thought i was poor because I’m walking on foot and i didn’t bring anything with me even though all my stuff is in a spirit bag.

“What’s in it for me?”

“Loot, lots of loot” a short green humanoid or goblin said.

“What do i have to do if i join?”

“Follow the boss’s orders and that’s it” someone from behind me said.

When i turned around i saw a big bulky grey feathered man with a beak as his mouth, should be part of the aves race.

“I don’t have anything else to do so...i guess I’ll join.”

‘Maybe i can even save some people.’

“That’s settled then, but don’t be scheming something to our group,” the bird man said.

“Yeah the poor should work together not against each other,” the goblin said.

“Do i really look poor?”

“Your face is dirty, you’re robes are dirty, and even your sandals are dirty with your body smell being very stinky,” the cat man said.

‘I didn’t take a bath recently huh.’

“Yeah stinky, like me,” the goblin said.

“This green creature is Mug, the cat is Diego, and I’m Featherfall.”

“I’m Robin, nice to meet you all.”

‘Never use your real name or future real name in a criminal group.’

“Let’s go to our camp Robin the boss will want to see you, our group is called Rein of the Criminal King or ROCK for short,” Mug said.

“How many is in the group.”

“It’s just us four with the captain and another member,” Featherfall said.

I guess that can be called a group even though it’s small.

///

The camp was inside the forest that i was heading to, and it was not hidden at all.

 “Why is the camp not hidden at all?”

“Why should we hide, this forest is secluded, nothing in this forest attract any attention,” Diego said.

“Yeah the bad people take all the good things away,” Mug said.

“Even the beast inside the forest is migrating away,” Featherfall said.

“But we are not.”

“Boss!”

I saw a brown monkey jumped down from one of the trees inside the camp.

“I will never leave my home even if they take everything from it.”

“What did they take; if they have taken fruits can’t they grow back.”

“No...They didn’t take a single fruit, they have taken the forest’s root...or soul, without it the forest will one day disappear, don’t be fooled by the greenery you see, it’s fake.”

The monkey then punched one of the trees and it immediately broken to peaces.

“The trees are weak, the fruits inedible, and the water’s rotten.”

“I created this group to take back what rightfully ours.”

“You’re absolutely right Boss,” Diego said.

But Mug is crying on the floor.

‘didn’t you this before, why are you crying?’

“So what’s your name boy, mine’s Kong?”

‘A magic using monkey, quite rare.’

I sense a controlled mana from him, the monkey has to be qualified magic user, not an apprentice.

Even though magic users are common most of them are apprentices.

From common to rarest kinds of power users are warriors that use the body, magic users that use mana, immortals that uses qi, and psychics that uses the mind.

Though psychics are considered evil as anything affecting the mind is considered taboo, for example mind control, invading people’s minds like telepathy though i use it in combat, but some is normal like telekinesis but they’re still banned.

“Robin and if you don’t mind don’t call me boy.”

“No problem, just don’t call me midget I’m not that small.”

‘He’s about half as big as me, that’s already big for a monkey.’

Thus I’m now a part of this group i don’t know for how long though.

6