Chapter 9: A Different Method Of Robbing
230 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: A Different Method Of Robbing

Red didn’t pulled me very far from the group before she stopped.

“Why did you join this group? And how did you find this group?”

“They found me at the road and saw that i poor like them, so they invited me, i joined because they don’t feel bad and i anything else to do.”

“Joined for fun...i guess that’s a good reason to join.”

“What do you mean a good reason?”

“You’ll see” she said going behind a tree.

“See what?”

“Here” she said, throwing my sword to me.

“You planned to steal this didn’t you,” i said.

But she walked away, ignoring me.

///

“Alright, let’s get going,” Kong said.

We ran over there for about an hour or two.

Surprisingly everyone is fine with no hurried breath after running for such a long time.

‘Everyone is not as weak as i thought.’

“There” Diego pointed at carriage in the middle of the road.

Right now we’re hiding beside some trees but the road is wide open with a full view of around them.

“Right, Fefa do your thing.”

“Yes boss,” he said, going to the carriage casually.

“Hey Buddy, can you help me,” he said, talking to the middle aged carriage owner.

“What is it, did you get lost or something.”

“let’s go, Robin since you’re new you just have to see how we work around here, Red will help distract with Fefa, while me, Diego and Mug will go in and get the stuff they’re carrying.”

“Won’t there be people in the back.”

“Don’t worry Robin, Diego and Mug has scouted the carriage beforehand.”

“Haha, just make a distraction Robin that’s all you have to do, do you want to try,” Red said, apparently enjoying this.

‘She loves fooling people huh.’

“Let’s go Diego, Mug,” he said, going in.

“Yes boss” they said, following Kong.

///

“Can’t you get it, it’s just straight from here, don’t go right or left.”

“But the map is showing that the road is not straight at all.”

“What i mean is don’t turn at all just follow the road straight.”

“But the road is not straight; i have to go through a lake if i do.”

“No, what i mean is you just follow the road and when there’s a split...wait you have a map?”

“Yeah but when i followed it, i got lost.”

“This is clearly a wrong map then why were you using this to argue with me.”

“Cause i already asked someone before you and he said the same thing, now look where i am.”

“You know what? Wait here” he said about to go to the back of the carriage.”

“Where are you going?”

“To get a real map.”

‘Oh no.’

“Mister Can you help me.”

‘When did she go there?’

Red that was beside me seconds ago is gone.

“What wrong little girl.”

“I’m hungry can you spare me some food.”

When red said that the carriage owner frowned.

‘I’m curious what he’s thinking, but i won’t do something bad to a normal person.’

“Fine little girl here’s a bit of food,” he said, giving a small bag.

“Why are there so little.”

“Kid i don’t have a lot of food with me so that’s all i can give you.”

 “But I’m hungry.”

I went to the back of the carriage to see what the others are doing and to get closer to save the man if he’s in danger.

When i looked at the back of the carriage is Kong placing bags around the place while Diego and mug is carrying lots of giant bags.

“Go,” he whispered.

We retreated to the forest and i saw that the bags they are carrying reduces the volume of what’s inside it.

‘How they are still silent even with those added weight.’

“Go away already! I have a job to do, don’t tell me i have been stolen and you guys are distracting me!”

“Everyone run away!” Kong said.

///

We ran for hours as the carriage owner is apparently a warrior and even i can’t take him on directly as a warrior is the same power as a foundation establishment expert eventually we split up and reunited at the forest camp.

A square, a warrior, expert warrior, master warrior, and legendary warrior is what i have once read about the levels of a warrior.

“Time to count loot,” Kong said.

They piled all of the stolen goods at the floor and i found a strange thing amidst the boxes chest, a black jar which i took as nobody wanted it.

‘Hope the bag of gold i left was enough for all of this.’

While the carriage was chasing us i threw a normal bag with gold inside it to compensate what we stole.

Though what’s inside the chest is just bread, apples, bags of flour, salted meat, eggs, with a little bit of ornaments which Mug took.

“Alright we take some and take the rest to Leon.”

“Who’s Leon?”

“He’s a Lion inside the forest,” Kong said.

“There are taxes even in this forest?”

“No we it’s not we’re donating to him you’ll see,” Red said.

“Though he is scary,” Mug said.

“He’s not that scary Mug,” Featherfall said.

“That because Fefa is tall, i can see in his eyes he see’s small little mug as prey.”

 ///

We took about half of the food to the heart of the forest where there’s a huge tree with yellow and green leaves.

“We have come bringing loot!” Kong shouted.

After Kong said that suddenly a lot of small baby monkeys, elephants, pigs, horses, lions, even crocodiles and more reaching about 30 animals with some are mutated into humanoid creatures.

“Uncle Kong you’re back.”

“Now be patient all of you will have your share.”

“Why are those kids still here?” i asked Diego that’s beside me.

“Orphans...like me and Fefa, our parents was killed after they turned into monsters.”

“I see...”

“Midget you’re back!”

“Don’t call me midget fur face.”

When i looked at where the voice comes from, i saw a giant figure easily 2 meters tall or more.

“Haha but it’s true, look you barely reach my knees.”

‘A giant humanoid orange lion in the forest.’

“Here’s a part of my spoils take care of the kids, they are the future of the forest.”

“Haha, of course.”

After that conversation Kong and the others other than me started playing with the kids.

‘Somehow i don’t really care about this animals...is this the so called discrimination.’

If these young animals are young humans I’ll probably feel very bad for them or maybe it’s because i don’t know them.

‘Am i a bad person?’

‘Maybe if i got to know them maybe I’ll feel different.’

With that i tried to approach the kids to know them better.

  

3