Chapter 18: Teamwork
254 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes when I felt the sunlight illuminating the room.

"Huff!" I made a deep yawn while stretching my arms up with the fingers of my hands interlocked. When I finish stretching a bit I turn my gaze to the pillow that was next to me, usually, I always sleep with only one pillow.

But this is a special occasion because on top of the second pillow that was on the bed, there were two knives, one was bigger than the other, but both have similar colors, half of the blade was red, while the other half was just the color that silver like any other type of metal tool.

With a lot of emotion and energy, I did all my daily needs before going to the first floor, where the whole familia was having breakfast.

I sat next to them and saw that there was a plate with some bread along with a glass of juice, without any hesitation I began to eat the bread and drink the juice which turned out to be orange.

"Good morning," I said after feeling sated when I finished eating my breakfast.

The whole familia responded with "Good morning" before Abeona asked me "Liam, are you okay?" I could feel that she was a little worried, but she didn't know why.

"I'm fine, why are you suddenly asking me this?"

"Because yesterday you arrived earlier than usual. You couldn't stop smiling when you arrived and you went to sleep without even having dinner, which is very strange coming from you." That was what Adeona said when she heard my question and I saw that the whole familia was nodding in agreement.

"That's right, Liam. That's weird when it comes to you" was what Milye said.

"I just got carried away while forging my new knives, which left me very tired and all I thought about was going to the dungeon as soon as possible."

"By the way, I haven't been to the dungeon for two weeks, I can't wait to go again. Can we go earlier than usual?" For some reason, I saw that Milye, Milya, and David's bodies started to tremble when they heard the last part of what I said. But I think it was just my imagination.

"Liam. Shouldn't we take it a little easier? You haven't gone to the dungeon for more than two weeks and you only spent your time in the smithy, so you should relax a bit before we go explore the dungeon together" When David finished speaking.

I heard Milye say "I agree with David too, you should rest a bit before we go to the dungeon" She turned her head in Milya's direction and asked, "Is it true that you agree with us too?"

I saw how Milya was confused for a moment before she glanced at me and when our eyes met, she seemed more determined than before and she said "I'm all for Liam taking it easy too!"

Why are they suddenly against me? Did I do something to make them mad at me?

"Don't be so mean to Liam, he's very excited about going to the dungeon with you. There shouldn't be too many problems with them exploring the dungeon again." When I heard Adeona say that, I felt happy. Finally, someone is on my side.

"B-but" Before David could continue with what he was going to say, he was stopped short by Abeona "No buts, Liam forged them so they should at least thank him by accompanying him to the dungeon a little earlier than usual"

"O-Okay," The girls and David said at the same time.

"How about we go in half an hour? That should be enough time to get ready before going to the dungeon."

I asked them and they seemed to agree reluctantly. I still don't know why they don't want to join me in the dungeon.

We were in front of the dungeon entrance. We go down the spiral staircase and for some reason, I feel a little nostalgic about going back to the dungeon.

I turned around and saw them with melancholy expressions.

"Why do they have such bad expressions? They should be happier because we will be able to hunt monsters together again."

When they heard what I said, their expressions became sadder and more melancholy.

Oh really? What the hell did I do to them?

I ignored my doubts and we continued down the stairs until we reached the first floor, prepared our weapons, and went in search of monsters.

When we saw how a small group of three Goblins was generated I said "I'll take care of it"

I run in the direction of the group of Goblins and they prepared to charge at me, but I am faster and when they are about to attack me I crouch a little dodging their arms before slashing their throat using Eva that was in my right hand. and then turn my body 90 degrees before piercing the eye of one of the Goblins.

I snapped Adam out of his head and watched as the last Goblin pounced on me, but I just decapitated him using Eva.

This last one surprised me quite a bit because I had applied the same force as with the first Goblin, but for some reason, the cut felt different.

I looked at my knives and I felt very excited. It is very different to use Adam and Eva compared to the other knives. I usually have to kill monsters by aiming for their vital parts because if I don't, I'll have to increase the number of times I use my knives which wears them out very fast.

That is why I needed a weapon to be able to hunt for a long time. Instead of just buying them, I wanted to make them myself when I got the weapon master ability.

The prices of weapons increase when they are more powerful because, in addition to the skill of the blacksmith himself, better materials are needed, which increases the price of very powerful weapons that are required to survive on the deep floors. An example would be the weapons that Bell uses. They usually break, except for the Hestia knife, which was forged by Hephaestus herself and has accompanied him throughout the series.

This shows how superior high-level weapons tend to be, although the Hestia knife was a weapon that grew with the user it didn't take away from high-level weapons like Aiz's very resistant sword.

"Liam" Look back and David asked me.

"Are you okay? You stared at your knives for too long"

"Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts. Let's continue exploring the dungeon."

I saw that David was having doubts about whether or not he should tell me something from his expression. But it didn't take long for him to switch to a look of resolve and he said "Please don't get carried away"

"It's true, you shouldn't get carried away," Milye said.

I was left confused by his strange behavior until David clarified my doubts.

"Liam, please don't go running all over the place. It's really hard to keep up with you and we always end up exhausted. When we went to the dungeon without you since you started making weapons, we realized that hunting monsters with you are much different from doing it. when you're not with us" I saw him look of resolve, as he spoke

I thought about what he said for a moment and was filled with guilt. Almost every time I'm with them I activate the exalted state when fighting monsters. I get carried away by the feeling and start hunting monsters all over the place and only stop when I feel like it would be dangerous to continue, and that's where they have to help me even though they're exhausted from trying to keep up with me.

After thinking about it I said "Sorry!"

I saw that all of them showed small smiles upon hearing me.

Milya patted me on the back and said "Great! We won't have to worry about you getting out of hand any more. We're a team so we won't mind if you do it once in a while, but please don't anymore." almost every time we're in the dungeon."

I felt the corners of my mouth turn up a bit, but I just ignored that and continued exploring the dungeon and killing the monsters that were alone or in small groups.

We started going down to the other floors. This time we stopped at the fourth floor and saw a group of seven kobolds.

When they came towards us Milya started shooting arrows from her bow, one of the arrows pierced the chest of one kobold, while another pierced one of the legs of another kobold.

Even though those kobolds were injured, they kept running in our direction, and when they got closer. Milye started attacking those on the left with her double-edged sword, while David attacked those in the center with his spear.

I went in the direction of the two kobolds on the right and when they started attacking me, I swung toward them and started slashing at them and before I knew it, I had already killed them.

Seriously, cutting down the kobolds was a lot easier than I remember and that left me baffled. I ignored that feeling and observed to Milye that she made a deep cut to one of the Hobolds with her sword and then cut it again to finish killing it, I saw that there was another kobold corpse next to her.

Milya used her bow to attack the kobolds with her arrows before they got close which weakened them and made the kobolds easier to kill from their wounds. Which was very helpful because it makes hand-to-hand fighting a lot easier.

I looked at David's situation and saw that he buried his spear in the chest of a kobold which didn't die and tried to grab the spear to get it out of his chest. David pulled the spear which was easy because the kobold was trying to pull it out, but then he was pierced again only this time it ended his life.

David drew his spear again and prepared to kill the other kobold. It was only a few paces from him, but he was stopped by an arrow from Milya that caught one of the kobold's arms and David took advantage of the situation and struck at the heels of the kobold. A kobold with the body of the spear, causing it to fall and then pierce its head when it tried to stand up.

We saw that the last approaching kobold was the one that was hit by Milye's arrow at his feet, but before he got any closer he tripped and fell to the ground face-first. David just walked up and pierced his head with the spear.

"This is very easy, should we go down to the fifth floor?" I couldn't help commenting because I already want to try.

They seemed to doubt what I said, but Milye was the first to reply.

"Okay, but we must be very careful" I saw that David and Milya stopped hesitating upon hearing her and agreed.

"We'll only go for an hour before we go back to floor four. That way we can get used to floor five before we're fully prepared to go down from floor five to floor seven" was what David said before we started looking for the stairs that connected to floor five.

17