Chapter 22: Wounded on the sixth floo
206 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Hurts! Hurts! Hurts! Hurts! Hurts!

I felt pain overwhelming my mind and opened my eyes, screaming with all my might.

I saw a Killer Ant chewing on my arm with its jaws, while it was still attached to my body. The Killer Ant was startled by the sudden scream I made and let go of my left arm, but that didn't matter to me because all I felt was the rage that invaded every fiber of my being.

I gritted my teeth and picked up Adam, who was next to me on the ground. I held Adam with all my strength when the Killer Ant was going to attack me with its jaws.

"Die!" I stabbed the head that was already close to my body with Adam's help, but I didn't stop there. I pulled Adam out of the Killer Ant's head again and used to stab the Killer Ant for the second time.

As its body collapsed, I pushed the Killer Ant's corpse to the side before sitting on my knees just inches from its body and began yelling "Die! Die! Die!" as I continued to stab the Killer Ant's head over and over again until only an unrecognizable piece of tattered red chitin remained. I couldn't use my left arm well, so I could only use Adam with my right arm.

I feel like my heart is beating very quickly. I hear a horrible ringing that does not stop ringing in my head, and above all, I feel like I'm in hell. My body burns like I'm being cooked alive, my vision is very blurry, and the horrible buzzing noise won't stop. It wouldn't let me think straight, and that makes me angrier by the second.

I grabbed my head and started squeezing it as hard as I could. I tried to think more clearly. Right now, I just want to scream because of the pain I'm feeling, and it doesn't seem to lessen.

But while I was still reeling, I noticed that several red spots appeared before my vision. They could be easily differentiated because this place had green walls, and the red spots were coming toward me. I recognized them as Killer Ants, even though the pain I felt made me unable to think straight. The anger I felt toward the approaching Killer Ants made me ignore the pain and all the horrible noise that was flooding my head, and I started screaming "Hinding! Hinding! Hinding!" over and over again in the direction from which the Killer Ants were coming, even though I couldn't even hear my voice. I felt that I missed some of the "Hinding!" but I didn't care because the anger did not let me think about anything other than killing the Killer Ant.

Although I saw that the red spots stopped moving in my direction, I didn't stop yelling "Hinding!" I began to feel that my wounds were healing at an alarming speed, including my left arm, which was bleeding to death because of the Killer Ant.

My senses started to improve, and although I could still see a little blurry, it wasn't the same as before. The horrible buzzing remained, along with a bit of dizziness, but it wasn't as unbearable as before, just a little annoying.

Uff.

Pu.

Uff.

Pu.

I exhaled and inhaled madly for several seconds until I calmed down. Right now, I am very confused, but I noticed that I was in my exalted state, so I went back to my calm state to think more clearly.

I tried to remember what had happened and why I was in this place. Slowly, I began to recall my journey.

I was exploring the fifth floor alone. Nothing out of the ordinary had happened, but this time, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to test my limits, so I decided to go to the seventh floor.

I didn't have much trouble on the sixth floor because I had only encountered a few monsters. I went to a secluded place that was similar to a dead end, thinking that adventurers wouldn't come close to that place. Since there weren't many monsters around, I closed a portal that couldn't be noticed very easily and deleted the one I had put on the fifth floor. If I had left it on the fifth floor while going to the seventh, the MIND that the portal would consume would have escalated to a point where I would have to drink magic potions every so often. I didn't want to experience that again. I had tried leaving a portal in the Dungeon before, but when I went up several floors, my MIND consumption kept increasing. Since then, I have been very careful about the distance at which I place the portals.

When I arrived at the seventh floor, I simply killed the monsters I encountered and nothing serious happened until I faced a small group of Killer Ants. While fighting them, I didn't notice several Purple Moths flying over my head until they threw dust at me, causing me to get poisoned. In the end, I just cast several "Hinding" spells at all the Purple Moths and Killer Ants. Once they died, I collected the magic stones from their corpses. However, one of the Purple Moths dropped an item, and I felt excited because I could use it to create a weapon with the effect of poisoning enemies. That's when the problem started.

I didn't have any kind of antidote, so I thought the best thing to do was to get out of the dungeon, since just having the item drop from the Purple Moth was enough. However, when I opened a portal that was connected to the portal on the sixth floor and crossed it, the previously empty place was teeming with various types of monsters in groups.

I wanted to go back to the seventh floor, but I couldn't because I have a habit of closing the portals I go through. When I was about to create the portals and flee from the place by crossing from one place to another, I was hit on my side by a War Shadow. The damage it inflicted on me was abysmal, unlike what monsters normally do to me, and that's when I remembered something important: when passing through a portal at a long distance, it causes an effect that temporarily lowers defense in the game Wakfu.

I gritted my teeth and used Hinding on a Frog Shooter that was quite close, so I was able to heal from the damage that the War Shadow had dealt me. However, the monsters moved too fast, and I ended up being surrounded by War Shadows and various other monsters that were coming towards me.

...

"I'm an idiot," I said softly, before taking a deep breath and starting to look around. I noticed a pile of corpses, some of which were missing, others were dismembered and covered in blood. Among them were the War Shadows that had been attacking me.

I approached one of the War Shadows that was next to me and took its magic stone.

When I was about to put it in my backpack, I noticed something: the backpack was torn. I put the magic stone aside and started to look inside, only to find that almost everything was broken. The potions I used to heal myself when I couldn't use "Hinding" on monsters because I didn't have enough MIND, the magic potions that helped me recover MIND, a small bento that was shattered with its contents scattered everywhere, the magic stones I had collected were still in perfect condition, two knives that were still intact along with a leather bag I used to store magic stones, a stone to sharpen weapons, and finally the Wing of the Purple Moth. In conclusion, the interior was just a mess of liquids and the backpack was already so badly damaged that it wasn't worth continuing to use it, as the contents might fall out. So, I discarded it.

I could only take out the bag, the magic stones, the whetstone, the Purple Moth's Wing, and the knives.

I put the knives in the bag and Adam in the holster on my belt, and started to approach the corpses before using Eva to remove the magic stones. Despite my current state, I didn't plan on leaving valuables lying on the ground for other adventurers to pick up, nor did I want other monsters to come and become stronger by eating the corpses along with their magic stones.

In the end, I spent quite a bit of time collecting the magic stones and putting them in the bag. After finishing, I started walking in search of the stairs to go up to the next floor.

While I was walking, I noticed that my body began to ache and my fatigue increased the more I walked. However, the pain disappeared when I threw a Hinding at some monsters that were in my way. I stopped collecting magic stones just left the corpses.

Whenever I saw a group of monsters. I would either move away from them or use the portals to get past them.

I kept exhaling and inhaling every time I took a certain number of steps, but when I reached the stairs that connected to the fifth floor, I started to feel very tired just thinking that I had to climb them along with the other stairs that connected to the other floors.

I went up the stairs and my breathing became rougher, my body starting to ache. Along the way, I saw five adventurers. I considered asking for their help, but when I realized they were all strangers, I abandoned the idea and strayed off the path, pretending to be in perfect condition. I couldn't risk being taken advantage of by opportunistic adventurers, or even worse, being attacked and fed to the monsters.

I chose another path, but my body continued to ache and my fatigue only worsened with time.

I could feel my breathing getting rougher with every step I took. I was considering just tossing the bag along with all its contents.

All I did was walk and walk and walk, casting "Hinding" from time to time when there was a monster that got in my way and wasn't in a group.

I had to endure this for a while until all of a sudden, "Liam!" I could hear someone yelling my name. The voice sounded familiar, and when I tried to turn around, I saw a group of people approaching me. I couldn't recognize their faces because my vision had become blurry.

But when one of them got close enough for me to get a good look at his face, I saw that it was David, and I felt a sense of relief. As my body weakened, I started to wobble and ended up falling. Fortunately, someone caught me before I hit the ground, but I couldn't see his face as my eyes began to droop.

15