Chapter 26: Thoughts
139 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Please teach us to be stronger!" I looked at Milye, Milya, and David with confusion as they stared at me with burning determination in their eyes.

I was preparing to visit Fresk's smithy to rent his forge room when they suddenly knocked on my door, beginning this strange scene.

"First of all, why did you come to my room?" I asked.

They exchanged glances and nodded before Milye began to explain, "Abeona told us that you've already reached G rank in all your abilities." She looked down before meeting my gaze with resolve.

"We can no longer stand by and watch you get stronger while we remain stagnant. We hold you back because we don't try hard enough."

"What caused this change of heart?" I asked because they had been content earning just enough valis to live comfortably until now and why they suddenly desired to become stronger.

"When we saw your body collapse on the verge of death from the poison, we felt it was our fault. If only we were stronger, you wouldn't have to risk going to the dungeon alone, and we could venture out as a team. That's why we want you to teach us to be stronger," Milya answered.

I think my actions affected them more than I had realized

Setting that aside, I wondered how I could make them stronger. The weapons I could make for them would increase their physical strength, but that wasn't what they truly desired.

In Danmachi, there were many ways to become stronger, but the most effective ones were not available to us. Our small group didn't have access to higher-level adventurers like the more established familias who took their new members on deep floor expeditions.

¡We don't even have a Level 2 adventurer! That's why we can't take risks and venture to the deepest floors of the dungeon. Doing so would result in us dying.

Suddenly, David interrupted my thoughts by calling my name.

"Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts," I apologized. "I will help you become stronger, but give me the rest of the day to think. Tonight or tomorrow, I will tell you how we can become stronger."

They nodded gratefully and said, "Thank!"

As they left the room, I watched them go and nodded to myself. I then walked over to the bed and lay down, staring at the ceiling as I pondered.

"I can't find a way to strengthen ourselves," I murmured to myself as I turned to my left and saw Adam and Eve. "Maybe I'm limiting my thinking?" I added, but the question only left me with more doubts.

"Am I restricting myself to what I already know about Danmachi? Since I arrived here, I've only thought about challenging more powerful monsters and ignored many other things. I ruled out weapons training since there are no adventurers to teach us, and we're not close enough to the Astraea familia to ask for their help."

I decided to continue thinking about it on the way to Fresk's smithy. I walked down to the first floor and headed straight for the exit. As I walked through the streets of Orario, I couldn't come up with any ideas. The only tactics that came to mind were those of RPG games or games of a similar style, but they were hard to apply to real life. Perhaps I could experiment in the dungeon and teach David, Milye, and Milya different roles.

The second thing I can think of is to put tools on us that will restrict us when fighting monsters, but it will make our gains drop a lot and we can't afford that because we are very dependent on valis. Maybe when we have E abilities at least we could try it.

Before he knew it, he was already in front of Fresk's smithy. The door was open, which was very good news because he wouldn't have to wait for a long time or for Fresk to come back. Since he had known him, Fresk had only opened the shop twice a week and for a short time.

I entered the smithy and was surprised to see someone I did not know. She was a teenager of average height, with orange eyes and hair, and a rather muscular and thick build.

"Dear customer, do you need anything? Are you here to repair something or buy? We have different types of weapons and armor available," she seemed excited and got up from her seat to show him the shelves, but he stopped her.

"No. thanks, but I'm just here looking for Fresk. Can you tell me if he's available right now?"

"I'm sorry, but he's not available right now. He's been in the forge room all day."

"When do you think he will be available?"

She began to think about it, but she answered me after a few seconds, "I think about half an hour to an hour. It's lunchtime, so it shouldn't take long for him to come out. But if it's something important, I can go look for him."

"It's not very important, so I'll wait for him to come out."

"Okay." She went back to her seat behind the counter, and I stared at the shelves for a bit.

There were many types of weapons, such as battle axes, spears, clubs, other types of blunt and slashing weapons, shields, plus some types of light and full-body armor.

There was something that caught my attention, and that was the metal gloves and boots. I could forge a pair of boots and gloves because they are very useful when fighting in close combat in case I don't have my daggers with me.

I kept watching for a long time until I heard a door open and saw Fresk.

Soon after opening the door, the store began to feel a little warmer.

"Fresk," I greeted him.

He looked in my direction. "Liam."

"Are you going to use the forge? You'll have to wait until tomorrow if you want to do it."

"Is that the first thing you're going to say after seeing us?" I faked a sad face.

He crossed his arms. "Stop the drama. We both know you only come when you need to use the forge room. You should be ashamed to be a blacksmith and borrow someone else's forge room."

"I don't borrow it. I always pay you for each time I use it."

"You know I only accepted that small amount of money so I wouldn't make you feel bad for using it for free and because if I didn't, you would come every day." It hurt a little to hear that part because it was true.

"Okay, I admit it. I need to use the forge room for a whole day."

He frowned a little when he heard me. "Liam, I thought I told you to be careful. You're still level one, and it's bad to spend too long forging."

"But putting that aside, why do you need it for so long?"

"I plan to forge different weapons for my familia members."

"But you already forged their weapons recently," he asked with some curiosity.

I shrugged and said, "This time I'll use materials Dropped by monsters."

"Well, whatever. When are you going to use the forge?"

"In two days."

"Okay, as long as it's not tomorrow."

He sat down in a chair and started to open a box where there were several sandwiches.

"By the way, who is she?" I asked, looking at the girl who had her head resting with her arms on the table.

"She is a new member of the Goibniu familia. She was placed in my care," he said while he was eating a sandwich.

Well, I have to go. I'll be back in two days," I said before walking out of the door.

Maybe walking around Orario will help me come up with new ideas.

------

Autor. I apologize for the delay. The university has been demanding a lot of my time lately, and I've had to stay up multiple nights. I was too exhausted to write anything during that periodof time

10