Chapter 32: Jack Bird?
168 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Liam, you've arrived," I heard a voice as I crossed the portal.

I looked in the direction the voice came from and saw David in his night clothes. "I'm back."

"But what are you doing in my room?" It was already very late, and I thought that everyone should have gone to sleep by now.

"I stayed on guard in case you didn't come, and the portal disappeared," I yawned before continuing speaking. "Although you said that you would leave a portal and come back when you finished your work, that didn't stop the family from worrying when it got dark, and you still hadn't come back." I could tell from his dark circles that he was very sleepy.

"You don't have to worry anymore. Besides, look! I present to you Red Driller." I showed him the spear that I had in my hands, although it was hard to see due to the low light in the room.

It took him a bit of time to react, but I watched as the tired look on his face faded, leaving an expression of excitement in its place.

"It's incredible!" It was the first thing he said when he held the spear.

"Even though it's a little heavier than the one I already have, it feels so much better!" I swung the spear a bit and tried to attack the air.

"But why does it have these spikes on the sides under the tip?"

"It's so that I can help you attack in different ways other than using the spear point. I don't know much about using the spear, so I added them just in case. Do you want me to remove them?"

"No! They're very useful, but mostly it makes it look cooler." I think he was more interested in the aesthetics because I didn't make that part of the spear with Blood Onyx, so it was a bit inferior to the tip of the spear.

"I'm glad you like it. Now you can go to sleep because tomorrow we'll go to the dungeon instead of training so that you and Milya can get used to your new weapons a bit."

"Thank you so much."

"Do you want me to come with you to tell the rest of the family that you've arrived?" He started walking in the direction of the door.

"No, that's fine," I replied before starting to follow him.

When we got to the first floor, we saw Abeona at the table with some papers and a pen.

She seemed to notice our presence and said with a soft voice that sounded very melodious, "Welcome," and when I heard her, I put on a smile and replied, "I'm back."

I approached David towards the table where she was writing and asked her, "Why are you writing so late? It's bad to do it with the little light provided by the magic lamp."

"Don't worry, I'm almost done with this, but putting that aside, how did it go? Did you manage to do what you wanted?"

"Abe, look at the spear that Liam made me. It's great," David said excitedly as he showed the spear.

She smiled a little and said, "I see Liam did a great job. I'm happy for you."

"Liam, I'll go and heat up your dinner. You can tell everyone what you did. But you'd better eat and rest. You've been trying so hard." She got up from her seat and walked towards the kitchen.

"Okay," I replied and sat on the chair as I waited for her to finish heating up my dinner.

David went to sleep, and I stayed for dinner with Abeona's company before going back to my room and lying on my bed.

When I got up, I went directly to the first floor and found most of the family members already gathered there. We greeted each other, and I took the opportunity to hand the bow over to Milya, who looked at it enthusiastically before turning her gaze in my direction.

"Liam, thank you very much," she said with a cute smile.

"Don't worry, but I think you should try Titanium first to find out if I have to make some modifications to it," she said, showing a smile. "Okay!" But then her expression changed to confusion. "Wait, Titanium?"

"Yes, Titanium Light. I've been thinking about that name for a long time," I said, using all my ability to think of a name in several seconds. "So I hope you like it."

"Sounds good, but not as good as Red Driller," David commented, carrying the spear in his hands. I think after a few days, he will lose the excitement he feels for the spear. And I can say firsthand because whenever they bought me a toy or gave me a chick when I was a child, the same thing happened to me.

"This…" Before she could continue, we heard Milye excitedly say, "Liam, can I see my new gun?" Seeing her look full of energy, I could only reply, "I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait another three days." She made a sad face.

"Milye, if it makes you feel better, I can lend you Titanium," she tried to lift Milye's mood.

"Don't worry. I'll just wait."

Abeona served glasses of milk along with some sandwiches on the table. We started eating breakfast and when we finished, we went to our rooms to prepare what we needed and met again to explore the dungeon.

As we walked, we got to the first floor and saw that there were a lot of people running across the entire first floor as if their lives were in danger. Seeing this, we became as alert as possible.

But we heard a sudden shout from the crowd. "Come on fast! I saw the Jack Bird flee towards the second-floor stairs!" The large crowd that was running stopped and looked in the direction of the man who yelled at his teammates. He began to run in the direction of the stairs along with the rest of his team members, and everyone who was close began to follow them.

"Did you guys hear the same thing as me?" David asked with a slightly incredulous expression.

"Everyone who was nearby heard," Milye replied with a bit of sarcasm. But David didn't care much and exclaimed, "Come on, too! This is a great opportunity!"

"It's alright for us to do it. Aren't we supposed to snatch another adventurer's prey?" Milya asked a little worried.

Puff!

But her comment made both David and me laugh. "Come on, Milya, a lot of people are desperate for a few valis. Right now, nobody cares about the unwritten rules, as long as they don't harm them due to the large number of people who die on the other floors," David explained a bit about how things work.

"Also, as long as no one dies, many people won't care if someone steals someone else's prey, although I doubt if anyone dies, as long as it's not on the first floors, I doubt anyone, except low-level adventurers, would care much."

"But most of all, it's a million valis! It's a lot of valis, and we won't have to worry about valis for a long time. With that, we can buy a lot of things. I can use a part of it to create better weapons and armor. So at least we should try to kill him without anyone discovering us." I gave my opinion on this topic.

"Sounds like fun! Let's not waste any more time," Milye exclaimed before starting to run towards the stairs.

"Wait!" Milye stopped several steps away when she heard me. "We haven't seen the Jack Bird, so we still don't know if what he adventurer said is true."

"Even if it's a lie, it sounds fun." She started running as soon as she finished speaking.

I just clicked my tongue and started following her along with Milya and David.

5