Prologue
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The library seemed unusually quiet that day. The usual chatters of the students studying by the window corner and the dutiful Janitor whispering to the other readers to place the books they were not using in its rack, seemed almost non-existent to the five year old Gray Zroyal, Though he knew it was his imagination that had caused him to think so, he still liked to think that, that day’s unusual silent was the farewell the library had given for his one last visit.

The sweet scent of the books, with the whiff of the wooden rack, was particularly very pleasant. Gray, who was in the most silent corner of the children corner delighted in its flavour as he picked the book, “A messed up Fairy Tale”, and crouched in the thick carpet to read it. As the pages of the book fascinated him, he forgot all about the world and engrossed himself in wonders of the book.

The temperature of the room, dropped sharply, as though the heat of the atmosphere was being sucked, but Gray did not notice it. Neither did he notice the air around him shimmering in green sparkles.

As the story that he was reading, was getting into an interesting plot, he rubbed his arm in anticipation; it created sparkling dust in the shimmering green aura that he had cast. The reflected the low light of the ceiling lights like the broken bits of glass projected into the air.

Like the die-hard reader he was, his mind came out different scenarios for the next scene of the story. When the next scene was something like he had predicted he snapped his fingers in both hands, in excitement by reflex. But when he was snapped out of the bizarre by the sound made by him, he waited for the janitor Madam to come and scold him for making the slightest sound. But the janitor never came, as she and the others in the library were busy in a situation that Gray had caused unconsciously.

The wavering fulgurates, that was harmless and even perceived as a decoration by those who had noticed, few moments ago, clinched abruptly. And creatures that should have been myth poured from it. They entered the library through various sites and terrorised its inhabitants. The timid kids shrieked while the students safeguarded their notes and ran away to the door; but before that the atmosphere in front of the door shimmered and a large centaur came through it, obscuring the door.

It was not only the creatures that was teleported but also objects, climatic situations and everything that Gray imagined in his mind, while he read his book.

In one of the other corners of the library, where it was snowing a dark figure appeared; it seemed to be a boy in a black fighting gear. Then another boy fell from a polar light that most likely Gray had created. The other guy also seemed to wear a gear similar to that of previous guy. The guy who had appeared at first, stretched his fingers; and red translucent chains shot from his palms. He whipped it at the foreign beings, and they vanished to their own respective dimensions. Then he slicked his golden hair at the other guy, who blew of his white hair with black roots, and started to heal the hurt personals and erase their memory after putting them to sleep.

But, as they brought down the number of evaders, the ones entering kept filling up for the sent away ones. The boys couldn’t find the main culprit to close the portals. The number of invaders also kept increasing. After the victims were evacuated safely, at some point of the time the boys were cornered by a group of dangerous looking wizards. The boys stood back to back trying their best hopelessly, while a girl in white clincher gear watched them from the top of a rack.

A Viking, among the other teleported creatures, who hated pretty boys charged at them as they were distracted in fending the wizards. The short Viking raised his sword as high as he could and ran towards the boys. The girl, who was watching it, jumped from her seat, in front of the guys blocking the Viking. She leaned backwards, into the blonde boy and brushed her fingers on his. “I’m gonna borrow this”, she whispered to him, before she turned back to the Viking, who also seemed to hate pretty girls; well a lot more than pretty boys, as he took out his twin blade to attack her. But all the girl did was smile, a half apologetic and half mocking smile. She was somehow amused to see the little guy trying to attack them, which infuriated the Viking even more. So he ran at her, at his high speed. But he was a minute distance near her; she snapped her fingers and the Viking ran into his own dimension, instead of at her. He was not the only one to be teleported back, but most of the creatures at her vicinity had also been sent back.

As she wheeled around, the boys also had sent the remaining creatures back. “Finally someone decided to grace us with her presence.” the blondie told.

“I never told I wasn’t coming”, the girl leaned at the rack behind her. “Either way you were late”, the other guy told her, and she smiled shamelessly towards him. She clicked her tongue and was going to say something to him, but then, a spear passed right through her side, nibbling her face a little. The guys immediately turned into a protective stance in front of her. There were still a group of otherworldly hunters in front of them. “I thought we were finished with this.” the blondie said.

The rubbed her wound with her thumb and the wound vanished. “I think I still have a little trouble maker to take care of”, she said as she crept into one of the rows of rack; the row where Gray was, still reading. She smiled softly as she took his book away. He looked at her startled. Right then one of the Lilliputians who had wandered there attacked Gray’s large shoes. The girl also looked down at the futile attempts of the Lilliputian.

“Hey sweetheart,” she said to Gray, “this is something you caused”. Then she snapped her fingers again and the small fella disappeared back to his own home.

Then, she leaned and pinned Gray to the rack, as he looked at her in amazement. “Are you going to do that to me also”, he asked her with a serious face; the kind of a face a person would have in s a funeral”

“Nope. I’m just going to seal half of your powers and send you to a place where you could learn to control your powers.”, she answered honestly.

“Why do you need to seal my half of my powers? “, he asked her.

“So that you wouldn’t run around wild and cause troubles like this and disturb the normal people.”

“Really”

“Nah, mostly, so that I don’t get to be bothered.”

“When have you been ever bothered sweetheart”, the blondie teased her as they appeared near the rack”

“Nova just get lost right. You see you are scaring the kid”, she said to the blondie.

“I don’t think he is scared”, the other boy said.

“So do I “, Nova said.

The girl sighed and turned back to Gray.” You know, you kind of remind me of a certain someone.”

“Who she would practically kill at first sight”, Nova interjected.

“Shut up”, the girl snarled at Nova, while Nova broke out laughing.

“As you see that certain someone owes me a sum; Quite a sum. So for his sake and for your sake, of reminding me it. You are going to give me your first kiss as a payment.” she said to Gray.

“Baby this harassment. A teen girl forcing a kid to kiss her. Oh my goodness did you finally get that Empyrean streak. Huh?” Nova started to joke.

“The correct word for it is ‘assault’”, the other boy said.

“When did you turn into a dictionary?” Nova asked him.

“From the moment you got dumped”, he replied.

The girl rolled her eyes, ignoring the guys bickering and turned to Gray. She saw the little boy looking directly at her. She smiled as she looked down and muttered ‘You do resemble him a lot.’ Then she leaned into him and kissed his cheeks. A golden symbol appeared in his forehead and vanished as she pulled away from him. Then she turned to the boys who were now into hand fighting and dragged them away from there by their ears.

“Wait a minute.” Gray called her. She turned in surprise.

“My mother said that boys should be responsible for girls. You have kissed me. So… shouldn’t I take responsibility for you”, he said with an innocent face.

The girl was startled by it. The boys had dropped their mouth open, which they quickly closed. Then they all looked at the girl. She gave Gray a amused look and kneeled beside him.

“Hey sweetheart. You want to be responsible?” she said to him as he nodded, “ but then you will have to grow up a little more, how about asking my hand then.”

“Now, you will go to the special place to train”

“Then, will you visit me then”

“Maybe”

“But how shall I recognise you then”

She smiled again. “Then how about me, giving you my name first?”

He nodded, as she leaned and whispered her name in ears, before disappearing.

The boy then didn’t know that giving their own name to others was an important event that meant trust, in his new world, where she had led him. And also would lead him to her destiny.

 

Author,

Hi, thank you for reading this.  First of all I would like to say to all the readers that this is my first time writing a story and that I’m still in my school years going through my exams every week. I’ll try to update new chapters every time I have time to write it. Also if you spot any grammatical error or something of that sort please feel free to use the comments section to correct me, as you see my editor and proof reader are actually very busy with their own exams. [You know, my proof reader has been lately getting hysterics due excess of accounts….]

0