Chapter 29 : What would a demon like you know?
266 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating the roast chicken, Shinobu patted her stomach with some satisfaction but then she seemed to feel someone was watching her, so she immediately raised her head and found that demon was looking at her.

Her face flushed red.

"What are you looking at. Bastard!. Never seen a girl eating before"

Thinking of being seen by this demon when she patted her stomach, Shinobu felt extremely shy and spoke in embarrassment.

Haruto shrugged his shoulders and said with a bit of sarcasm: "I thought Miss Shinobu wouldn't eat it."

"you!!..."

Shinobu stared at the demon with her wide purple eyes then turned her head angrily: "Forget about it, just take it as I owe you a favor, next time we meet, I will spare your life."

"But miss Shinobu seems to forget that your life is now in my hands."

Haruto looked at Shinobu with a playful tone.

"Then you can kill me? If I let out a peep, I won't be called Kocho Shinobu."

Haruto smiled: "I'm not interested in you, a little girl who hasn't fully developed. If it's your sister that's different"

"or..."

"You can introduce your sister to me, it can count as repaying my favor?"

Haruto was only joking.

"Who are you calling a little girl bastard!! You are the little girl and your whole family are little girls."

"and also..."

"My sister wouldn't fancy a demon."

Shinobu stared angrily at the bastard, crossed her hips and wanted to stand up but as soon as she moved, she felt a burst of pain in her leg and wrist, so she had no choice but to sit down again.

Haruto smiled and didn't say anything to Shinobu, just stared at the campfire in a daze.

He came to this world suddenly, became a demon and broke away from his original life. Now he is a little confused. From the beginning he hasn't even gotten a little bit of sleep because of the events. He only brought Shinobu with him since he wanted to warn Kanae to be careful about Doma in the future. He could have just left Shinobu there and not get involved with all these but he just can't ignore someone's fate after knowing about it, not after what happened in the past.

Seeing the demon who suddenly became quiet, Shinobu looked at the demon unconsciously.

She just can't figure out this demon in front of her.

For her all the demons are mortal enemies and are mindless beast

But this demon gave her a weird feeling.

Although this demon made her very angry, the feeling of 'hate' gradually became lighter as she got along with it.

Shaking her head, to get rid of the strange thoughts in her heart, she lowered her head and untied the bandage tied around her leg with a torn corset.

"It's ugly and unprofessional."

She muttered in her heart and began to check on her own but immediately her eyes froze.

"Don't think about it, the knife under your shoe has already been removed by me."

The demon's calm voice sounded.

Shinobu looked up a little annoyed, looking at the knife in Haruto's hand, her beautiful purple eyes were full of irritation.

She turned her head away from the annoying demon.

She was afraid that she couldn't help but make a move with her injured body. Which is a huge minus for her.

"Actually, we have no enmity or grudge. You don't have to be so hostile to me, do you?"

Haruto shrugged and looked at Shinobu.

He hadn't provoked Shinobu before, so Shinobu didn't need to have so much 'hate' towards him.

Shinobu turned her head to look at Haruto and was slightly silent.

It took a long time before she spoke in a deep voice filled with hatred: "My father and mother were killed in front of me by demons like you."

"And from that moment on..."

"I swore to cut off the heads of all demons, so I worked hard to learn how to use the sword. I will definitely kill all the demons."

Haruto smiled helplessly.

Looking at Shinobu who was clearly depressed, Haruto didn't know what to say.

"I'll let you go home after you recover from your injury."

He said slowly.

"Home?"

Shinobu froze for a moment, then shook her head: "I don't have a home."

The girl said in a very stiff tone: "Everything is gone, there is nothing left, I only have my sister..."

When it came home, the girl's mood became even more depressing.

"Sorry to touch on your sad memories, but it's all in the past, isn't it?"

"How could it be possible? What do you know?"

Haruto's words seemed to touch the girl's heart wound at once, and Shinobu's eyes were instantly full of anger and hatred.

The loud voice frightened Kanao and she unconsciously grabbed Haruto's sleeve.

"Father and mother were killed right in front of my eyes?! Do you think that I can live like nothing happened?! Impossible... how could I do it! Deceiving myself, pretending to forget, that it has nothing to do with me anymore. What's the difference between me surviving and living then?"

"I don't know what happened to you and I can't understand the pain in your heart because all this has already happened, and there is no way to change it. What I want to tell you is that your father and mother will definitely not hope for you to live in pain every day like this, you should have your own future, your parents must have also wished for you to have a better life."

He looked at Shinobu and expressed his understanding.

"Well both of them are dead now!! I can't even know anymore even if I wished for it."

Shinobu growled in a voice almost crying.

Haruto didn't know what to say either.

Shinobu gritted her teeth and asked in a sharp voice: "If someone important to you is killed, can you still live as if nothing happened? Can you do it?"

Haruto also turned silent remembering her, even after so much time has passed, he still can't forget her last smile .

Seeing that the other party stopped talking suddenly, Shinobu also felt weird.

"What's wrong with me, how can I tell you this to a demon."

"What would a demon like you know?"

............

............

12