First Combat: Waylaid Travellers
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Mystara is?
  • A Staff Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A rod Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A hat Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A ribbon Votes: 2 100.0%
Total voters: 2

[Ace POV]

Domino charged down the road, and a quest marker appeared...

[New Quest: Bandit Slaying. Some bandits have waylaid a carriage En Route to the capital. Stop them, and save the Passengers. Reward:???, +5 Purity, +5 Karma For Each Bandit Killed]

OR [New Quest: Highwayman. Some bandits have waylaid a carriage En Route to the capital. Join them, And Loot the Carriage. Reward: Bandits Trust, 500gp, +5 Corruption, -5 Karma for each Npc Killed.]

I explained the quest to Merlynn.

"Take the rescue. When the game offers a mystery reward, its usually something Great. Besides, negative Karma sucks for the early game. Guards become hostile, and players can collect the bounty placed on you."

"Okay... but can just the two of us win? It's a lv5 quest..."

"We'll be fine. I'll cast the Beginner magic, Blazing Circle around the carriage, then you can just Charge them... run them down."

"Okay..."

It didn't take long to reach the bend in the road where the ambush was taking place... five bandits were trying to break through a door, to get inside the carriage. The Guards, and coachman, were dead. 

Merlynn started chanting.

/Oh fire, grant me your essence, create a repelling wall of flame... BLAZING CIRCLE/

A ring of fire engulfed the two Men still by the carriage... And a sixth man Fell out of the tree above, into the ring.

The remaining three bandits looked shocked... and before they could react, I attacked.

[Skill unlocked: Charge! Lv1. Skill unlocked: Wheel of Pain lv1.]

I felt my Weapon impact the man who seemed to be the leader... And Shatter, after penetrating his chest...

[Bandit Lv 6 killed. Awarding XP... LVL UP! 1>3. NEW UNIQUE SKILL: Spirit Lance lv1. Uses mana to craft a polearm, that can be fired from a short distance. Higher levels increases damage, and Array of Types. Current: Pike/Spear/lance 50% base Damage.]

"Whoa! Unique Skill? Let's try it." [Spirit Lance]

My broken Pike became encased in light, forming a Lance shape. I turned toward the other bandits, to see the nearest one collapse in a bolt of lightning... So I imagined my lance shooting off and hitting the distant one.

It was like a lazer. It cut through him like butter.

[Bandit lv5 killed. Lvl up. 3>4.]

"YEAH! WE DID IT!"

"We certainly did. Nice Unique Skill. Those are hard to unlock."

The carriage door opened. A tall man stepped out.

"Thank you, Sir and Lady, for Slaying those Brigands. I am Chaucer, Royal Butler of Her Majesty, Princess Flora. My lady would like to meet her saviors."

[Meet the princess? Y/N]

"Do it, Ace. But Play along with the setting. Act like a Knight. Getting into the good Grace's of the Royal NPCS is a good move."

"Act knightly. Got it."

We accompanied the Butler to meet his lady.

[Merlynn POV]

I wasn't expecting this. When I said to act knightly, I meant he should use polite speech. Instead...

We were met by a lovely young girl with long blonde Ringlet curls... 

"Thank you for saving us, Sir Knight, Lady Witch."

"Oh. Think nothing of it."

Then it happened. Ace Knelt low, A sweeping Bow... Took the Princesses hand and kissed it... the girl blushed. "The pleasure Was ours, Milady. We were merely doing our duty."

"Oh! Oh my... oh.. umm... I... I Want to reward you... umm... OH! Chaucer! Bring the magic Bag!"

"Yes, m'lady"

The butler returned a bit later, and handed a Silver bag to the princess... she held something out to us both.

[Royal Pass: Grant's Passage into the Royal Castle. All areas of the city are yours to explore. 

Guild Card: Grant's The right to open or join a guild. 

Trainers pass: the royalteachers are now available to you, free of charge.]

Ace got something else. A large, Gold and Silver plated, Lance.

[Laevateinn: A Unique tier, Legendary Lance. Upgradeable. Unlocks Special Class options. Atk+10. Charge Damage +50%]

"A Special Reward for my Hero. Umm... would you mind... escorting us home?"

[Mission: Escort Flora home. Rewards: 50gp, Queens favor, +10 karma. Special class Reward: Mystara.] [Party leader has accepted quest.]

So. Looks like we are escorting them home. And the princess keeps stealing glances at Ace and Sighing. Its Annoying. What? No I'm not jealous!

0