Drake and the Dragon, part 3 (9)
172 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          They had given the corpse to Vravse now and went back to town. Both Lilith and Carrion had gotten back to the village. Unlike how she got to the woods she ran all the way there in her blood griffon form. This meant she just barley made it to the village before everyone woke up.

          She simply sat in the homely little building until everyone woke up. She of course had taken her adult from back on and was now simply reading a book which increased her sword combat skill. This didn’t do anything now as they were in a different world and not in the game.

          The book was called “Advanced Sword Skills for Newbies”. It was written in the elvish of the game but it was simply a more complicated form of English. Instead of putting nothing in between syllables they put apostrophes.

          She had once been in the marines so this was rather simple to learn. Although, there was no eye-gouging in this book. It held many tips and tricks completely unknown to this world. Such as half-swording.

          When Anne’s mother woke up first she was shocked to see Lilith sitting in the comfy chair that her husband sat in. Lilith looked at her and greeted her a good morning. Anne’s mother asked if she slept well. Lilith simply said she did not need to sleep as a Xenopire. Anne’s mother thought for a moment and finally went wide eyed.

          “I’m so sorry I did not introduce myself, my name is Claire,” she said holding out a hand to shake.

          “And I am Lilith Von Cleo III, it is nice to put a name to the face,” she said shaking the offered hand, and went back to reading.

          “Say what do you eat? I’ve been meaning to ask but when you came in we had had food already. Did you eat breakfast already or when we were all asleep?” she asked, intrigued.

          “I drink the blood of animals mostly, but I can also drink the blood of humans too,” she responded startling Claire.

          Claire looked shocked to say the lest and Lilith was simply reading her book and was to busy to notice Claire reaching for the only large kitchen knife she owned. Claire stabbed at Lilith, but Lilith simply sat there unfazed by the attack.

          “Claire, may I ask why you did that? I only drank the blood of  coat bear and a bit from your husband. Sure he thought it was going to kill him at first but I simply nabbed a bit,” she told her.

          Claire of course was shaken that a freshly sharpened knife had done nothing to Lilith. But she then realized what Lilith had said. She had taken down the coat bear? How was such a thing possible? a normal human… no she wasn’t a human.

          “So, what do you normally do in the mornings? Do you make breakfast? In that case I could help,” She offered.

          Claire returned to her senses and nodded at Lilith’s offer. She went over to the stove and opened the fire bed. This part of the stove kept the fire from burning the things you put into the stove. Above that was a metal grate that looked like you could throw it into lava, and it would come out unscathed.

          Next she made room for the new logs she was about to put in but remembered the help that was Lilith.

          “Lilith, could you grab some logs from the fire wood holder near the hearth?” she asked.

Lilith nodded at this and made her way over to the firewood. She grabbed some small pieces and walked back over to the stove and handed them over to Claire. Claire put them into the fire bed and grabbed the charcloth box from the kitchen cabinet.

Lilith didn’t know the specifics of using one, but she had learned when she was little. But she cocked her head at the fact that they still used this instead of a lighter or matchbook. Noticing Lilith’s confused face, Claire looked at her with a puzzled expression.

“Do you not use Charcloth?” she finally said.

“No, I use a lighter or matches. Where I come from this is kind of obsolete,” she told Claire while looking into her mind to see if she had a lighter in her inventory.

Claire seemed down caste at this and looked back at the box of Charcloth. She shook her head to shake away the minorly hurt feelings and went over to her stone cutting board. When she married at age 13, she got this as a gift from the mayor. She often used the cutting board as a cover as to not set her house on fire.

In the mean time Lilith had grabbed a alcohol lighter from her inventory and lit some of the wax paper in the fire bed. When Claire heard fire crackling, she turned around to see Lilith starring into the flames.

Shocked she asked Lilith how she did that. In response Lilith held out her classic shaped lighter and flicked back on. The fire had just started, and Lilith didn’t know the next step to the whole getting the stove ready.

“What is the next step?” she of course asked.

“We add some more fuel and wait for the flames to start to go through the holes of the grate. We then wait for a little while for the stove to heat up. But I’ll be heating up last nights dinner in the stove so we won’t have to use the stovetop.”

Lilith nodded at this explanation and then got a feeling someone was watching them both. She looked to the doorway of the bedroom. There stood Craine in all his sleepy glory.

“What’s for breakfast?” he asked Claire.

Claire seemed put off by his nonchalant nature and frowned. She looked him up and down then looked at Lilith who was simply making sure the fire was just right. After she had learned that it was only Craine and not anyone else she didn’t know she simply didn’t care anymore.

But the thing is… Craine was only in his undergarments. Clothes were not as advanced as on earth, so it was simply a pair of boxers with old fashioned elastics.

Claire as mad now that he was standing there in nothing but his undies. She grabbed his ear and pulled with all the might a middle aged woman could. Though she looked middled aged she was about 32. People in this world did not age well.

Lilith finally noticed this and looked up only to be confused. She didn’t understand why Claire was so mad at Craine. Then she realized that he was only in his underwear.

“You don’t have to get that mad. I’ve seen men naked before you know,” she told the furious mother.

They both stopped at this remark and looked at her as is she were crazy. That had been happening a lot lately.

11