Killing the Dragon, part 4 (15)
112 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          The men that had surrender after she had made her intentions clear looked at her like one would a Goddess. All of them then bowed to her, whispering under their breaths to never serve such a powerless fool again. Some of them even swore to serve her. She had made such an impact that these faithless men kowtowed to her. She simply smiled awkwardly at this.

          In her hand she held a strange artifice. It had a deep red tinge to it and a long tube sticking from the front. A strange cylinder came from the middle near where she was holding it. smoke was coming from its tip.

          This device was the thing that had made the sound. It killed Sir Gunther. The bandits that had surrendered and the ones to were one in the same by now. Basically, praying to her. And she had said something that caught her eye.

          Now, she had called herself Lilith Von Cleo III. That was the name that Teckt’s note said to say hi to. And apparently, she owed him a war pick. As the guards got their bearings back, some of them ran to Myra. Others ran around Miss Lilith. They seemed wary of her.

          They were right to be wary too. The bandits seemed to almost pray in reverence to her. When they noticed the guards surrounding her, they seemed almost zealous in their rise.

           They rose to their feet and surrounded the guards. Lilith herself seemed shocked by this. it was almost like she had never realized how her feat of appearing in the middle of battle and the sudden death of the leader would almost make people bow down to this power she wielded.

          “Could we all calm down,” called out Myra, “the traitorous leader is dead, and we have Lilith Von Cleo III to thank for that. Please tell us why you are here Miss Lilith.”

          Lilith seemed not to have expected this and had spaced out there for a minute. She shook her head and did another curtsy. At this point, several of the bandits had started clutching at their hearts. They mumbled different things like, “she’s so fucking gorgeous!” and, “I wish I could be looked at with those eyes”.

          Safe to say the bandits weren’t a real threat anymore. They seemed to have fallen for her. Let Myra reiterate that, ALL THE BANDITS! When Lilith finally spoke up her voice cracked at first. This sent the men into a rather strange sort of tension.

          “I simply heard the sound of battle and smelled the scent of blood. It was rather easy to run here,” she said, “I wished to see what all the hubbub was about and when I got here I saw a girl about to have something done to her so I wished to stop it.”

          Wait, she smelled the scent of blood? She heard the sounds of the battle? Who was this? At the mention of this, the guards looked at each other and then back at Lilith. They seemed to be confused. How could one person hear the sound they had been making? They had seen no one at the start of this fight. And hadn’t heard the sound of any steeds.

          “you bandits wouldn’t know anything about this young lady and why you were here in the first place? Or would you?” she asked, tilting her head to the side like a puppy.

          Several of them raised their hands and answered back. They seemed like school kids trying to be the first to answer the teacher that they like the most. Now she just wanted to ask, how many of these bandits thought of her like a teacher they wanted to impress right now?

          “Sir Gunther said something about the dukes brother!” one of them yelled.

          “Yeah, yeah, yeah! He said it had something to do with succession,” another called.

          In this very moment they all seemed like puppies trying to get the owners attention. It was almost cute if you ignored how stinky and dirty they were. But then again, weren’t puppies often stinky?

          She thanked them for the information and looked back to Myra. When she locked gazes with Lilith a button seemed to be pushed. A button nobody in this world liked. Her brain immediately wanted to stare into those eyes for all of time.

          She had fallen for her. Well, not in the sense that she wanted to marry Lilith. But in the sense that a cultured man would want a woman to squish their head in between her thighs.

          It must have been written on her face. Lilith took a step back and everyone looked to her, then back to Myra and grimaced. Well, at least her guards. The bandits simply pumped their fist and started whispering amongst themselves.

          “One of us, one of us, one of us.”

          “Now, why have you come to the mountain pass? Was it to see the dragon that has been terrorizing the population? Or was it for another reason?” she asked.

          All of it had gone in one ear and out the other. Myra had begun to pant and even the bandits were starting to look at her funny. Maybe it wasn’t a good look to start following this over whelming power of a woman.

          “I’m just going to ask your guards,” she turned to the nearest one, “why have you come to the mountain pass?” she asked.

          The guard seemed out of the loop in this instance and asked what she had said. It seemed like his mind had gone blank after seeing his charge turn into something like this. Lilith asked again and he looked for the captain of this group, Sir Reinfeld.

          Lilith and Sir Reinfeld started talking about the time leading up to the current situation. It seemed to Myra that Lilith wasn’t talking to her anymore and that made her frown. She wanted to look into those beautiful eyes once more.

          It was decided that Lilith would take the bandits to the awfully large jail in the village. There was a total of 10 bandits left after the battle she had walked into. She didn’t expect them to be such gentlemen about it though.

          But she had an idea. The bandits seemed to want to be her followers, and after the strangeness of the whole thing subsided her brain came up with an idea. She would take them in as her new crusaders.

          In the game one could make an army of many different types of troops and units. One of these units was the redemption crusaders. They used to be inmates, but now holy warriors that were charged with redeeming themselves.

          The bandits and the guards were put into two groups. They stood about 80 yards from each other. The bandit group having been bound with rope that Lilith had pulled from her inventory.

          She then went to the guard group who were about to set off again after they had burned the dead as the bodies could become undead. Just as they were about to head in the direction of the pass Lilith stopped them.

          She said that she was here to kill the dragon and she needed numbers. When she brought it up with Myra she only said yes and started huffing and panting again. She then told the bandits about her plan and how they had no say in the matter. They simply cheered and hurrahed.

          At this point several of the bandits took to their knees in front of Lilith. She didn’t like where this was going. They started to speak, and the words came from their mouths easily. They all spoke in unison.

          “WE SWEAR OUR UNDIENG LOYALTY TO YOU! LILITH VON CLEO III!”

          At this point, she was ready to just give in to her ego and start to blather on and become her pope self. the self she hid behind the normalcy. so she took a grand pose and looked up to the sky. Breathing in deep she let out:

          “Rise my followers! Rise and be my sword and shield! Rise and strike my foes with bloodied hands and cull the forces that wish to tear us asunder!”

6