The Church, part 1 (19)
98 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: The church

          It had been a month since she had come into this world, and she didn’t mind it. She had cut down a large number of trees so she could build a home and a place of worship.

          About a mile into the forest is where she decided to live. Building a log cabin and a church. In that church she made an alter to Teckt. The altar looked to be made from wood. The paint made from blood was a nice touch.

          Though the building itself wasn’t a great place in any aspect, it was the thought that counted. The thralls seemed to like it and they took to praying there in the mornings. The walls were made of clay bricks and old wine bottles that she had grabbed from her inventory.

          She took a step outside of the church and looked to the house she now lived in with her Thralls. The building itself was simple yet complicated. It stood 3 stories tall and only 3 windows could be seen from the front. A large chimney and a small one was on the right side from where she was looking. The roof was peaked and shingled with copper.

          She walked over to the front door and went inside her home. The warm air from the first floor hearth hit her and she nearly melted at the spot. Though, She was tempted to just sit down on the dining room sofa, she had Thralls to wake up.

          And yes, there was a dining room sofa; the first floor was a dining room, kitchen, and bathroom all on one floor. The boiler room was on the second floor. As well as the bedrooms that the Thralls and Lilith herself slept in.

          The dining room kind of doubled as a living room so they didn’t really need one all on it’s own. When she looked at the stairway and the upper floor she sighed and began her ascent.

          When she got to the top she glanced at the hallway-ish setup. When one got to the second floor they were to be greeted by a hallway. On the left side of the hallway was the door to the boiler room. Further down on the left was the door to the bunkrooms where the thralls slept; on the right was the door to her room.

          This cabin was rather large if you couldn’t guess. She walked to the door of the bunkroom and knocked on the door. Several loud thumps and groans, then yells could be heard.

          What this told Lilith is that they hadn’t woken up and the lot of them had barely slept. The reason for this was obvious. She would be giving them jobs. Well, the whole month they had spent was filled with building the dang house and church, so they hadn’t been given a proper setup or schedule.

          She sighed and opened the door. The ten thralls were all standing straight. Their backs like rods of steel. She then told them it was time to wake up and after they had done their morning sit-ups and push-ups they could come down to breakfast.

          She then turned on her heel and closed the door. She could hear her boys doing as they were told. She quickly got down to the first floor and went to the kitchen.

          She had learned ho to cook many a food in the legendary frying pan in her past life, so she put this knowledge to work. First, she assumed her adult form. Second, she pulled her cooking instruments from the pantry. Third, she lit the stove top.

          Now, if you are wondering how she got this wonderful item, she made it. and not with magic. No, she made a lead and sulfur battery. She then figured out how to use the electricity to power the stove top.

          If you are wondering how she powered this battery, well. That would have to be a whole other side story that the author doesn’t have time for. Just know that a anime by the name of professor concrete had taught her how to do so.

          Anyway, she then turned the bottom right top to medium. She placed the pan on it and grabbed some blood olive oil from the pantry. And yes those live in the woods here.

          She dolloped some oil on the pan and grabbed some pizza dough from the ice box. This ice box was magic, and she had had it I her inventory for whatever the reason.

          Rolling the dough into several disks she placed them on the pan. A low sizzle could be heard. After frying the dough on both sides, she placed them on a large plate. She continued to do this until all the dough was done.

          Just then, the thralls came down from the top floor and she walked over to the dining table. They all sat down and put their hands together to say grace. After thanking Teckt they dug in.

          Now, if you think making fried dough for breakfast is weird, then you’ve never had a pizza-dough-grilled-cheese-sandwich. If you have, then I applaud you. After they were done, they thanked Lilith and went to the church to pray.

Today was going to be a busy day. For what reason you ask? She could see Carrion carrying a unconscious woman she had never seen before. Some of the thralls looked to the massive man and decided that praying to the Bloodied god was more important. Carrion walked over to the Cabin door and dropped the girl.

Where did Lilith recognize her from? The woman had deep brown, almost black hair. Her closed eyes were almond shaped, and her body was what one could consider relatively attractive.

The black blouse and pants she wore gave a dignified appearance… wait a minute. This girl… she finally remembered. This was her younger cousin from earth. Why was she here? Lilith didn’t care, all that was going through her mind was to make sure she was ok.

“She was being attacked by wolves so I killed them but she fainted at my appearance,” explained Carrion.

5