Chapter 1 ─ Light in a New World
132 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We begin the first chapter of this new novel, remember that in the end there are always surprises in my novels.

Regulus.

That is the name My Creator, My God gave me.

He gave me a sacred mission.

I must fulfil it since he created me for that purpose.

He imparted His knowledge to me and my intelligence develops with every passing minute.

The problem is this.

How am I supposed to do it?

I found myself right now in a strange blue vortex that was spinning endlessly.

According to My Creator, I am about to enter a human body.

I am excited about it, according to the knowledge I have. That human body will be compatible with my ether and we will be one.

I have many questions that will be resolved as my knowledge grows as the hours go by.

What is a human?

What is the God of the Sword?

These are questions I asked myself as I fell and the vast blue sky expanded before me.

I guess it's about time.

Well, it's time to meet my human body.

"───"

"─ke."

"─uke."

I'm hearing something, it's a beautiful voice.

I can feel myself being moved from side to side.

"Luke, please wake up!"

Hearing the voice clearer, my eyes snapped open and I lifted my upper body.

Body. I finally got my body.

The light was so bright that I moved my hands so that the sun's rays wouldn't blind me.

Seconds passed and my vision became accustomed to my surroundings.

According to the knowledge that came as a waterfall. This was known as a room.

A huge bed was where I rested, big windows showing trees and a group of people around, there were six of them.

One of them was a man with a beard.

"Honey, Luke woke up!"

The man came out of the room.

His clothes were similar to those of the boy who was crying. White shirt, brown trousers and leather shoes.

While the women were dressed the same, a maid's uniform combining black and white.

The boy clung to me.

"Brother, I'm happy you woke up. Really happy."

The boy hugged me for some reason, I didn't have the strength to remove him from my side.

"Luke-kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!"

A screaming but beautiful voice came from the back of the hallway.

A girl with a beautiful red dress and long hair of the same color came in crying.

She hugged me very tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Luke-kun. It was my fault that you ended up hurt."

"I was worried about you. I really thought you'd never wake up."

She cried intensely, her strength squeezing my neck.

"Emma ojou-sama, please let the young master repose in peace. He's miraculously recovering."

The girl turned away from me, but she was still crying.

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me."

She took my hand.

I could understand a little of what she was talking about as the knowledge of the language was downloading in my head.

It seems the word downloading is something My Creator discovered somewhere along the way.

I raised my hand, it was shaking and I could barely move it. But I brought it up to my head and touched something wet.

"Luke, are you all right?"

A woman came in with the same man who came out, they were all talking to me and I could barely understand what they were saying.

But I didn't care.

A man in white robes entered the room.

"Mr. and Mrs. Bruneford, young Master Luke must rest. I will examine him later to check his condition."

"I understand."

The man looked at me with a smile on that tear-streaked face.

"Luke, you rest for now. We'll see you later."

They all said their goodbyes and started to leave the room.

All except her, the red-haired girl.

"Doctor, please give me a moment."

"Please don't be too long."

She sat up and took my hand to bring it up to her face, her tears were so warm.

"Luke-kun. I'm glad you're alive, I'm really glad. I... I wouldn't know what to do if you had died because of me, I think... I would have killed myself if you had died to protect me."

I begin to understand what this girl is saying, but I don't feel anything for her words.

This "Luke" seems to be the owner of this body.

My name is Regulus woman, that Luke is dead already.

She stood up and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll tell my father you're okay. I'll come visit you every day until you're back to your old self. Remember Emma your fiancée loves you very much."

"Goodbye."

She left the room with a smile on her face filled with tears of happiness.

As I watched her leave I sighed.

"Absurd."

I have no interest in you.

I decided to rest as my body ached a lot.

Night fell and thanks to my body being filled with ether, the pain is gone and the wound on my forehead healed.

I stood up and fell off the bed.

Like a baby, I had to learn to crawl before I could walk.

It took about two hours for my body to get used to using its new legs, then to feel things around me so I wouldn't bump myself.

Once I could feel my toes perfectly, I looked in the drawer next to the bed.

There was a leather bag with a sound which, according to My Creator's information, is called money.

Which is necessary for living.

My knowledge of numbers was still coming in, but it seems that there are about 50 coins.

I looked for clothes to change these white clothes I had and put on the same clothes that man was wearing.

After closing the wardrobe door, I found a mirror, I looked at my appearance, my human face.

Unlike the others who had blond hair and green eyes, my hair is white like my creator's, but short, my eyes are blue and my face is what you might call handsome.

Is that what this Luke looked like?

He must be, since he looks just like My Creator.

Once I was ready, I decided to jump out of the window.

The distance was about four meters, and as I jumped I hit the ground hard.

It hurts, it hurts a lot.

Is this pain?

It's a horrible feeling.

"Huh? Luke-kun?"

I turned around and saw the same girl climbing into something called a carriage.

"Are you feeling better now? What are you doing out here?"

She was annoying, coming towards me.

If they catch me they won't let me accomplish my mission.

After standing up I ran with all my strength towards the path made of stones.

"Wait Luke-kun! Where are you going?"

Her voice sounded like she was in pain, but I didn't care.

The gate was being closed by a man in armor.

Before he closed it I managed to get out, but my foot was trapped, I used force and felt something very painful for a moment, but I didn't care and ran. To escape from there.

"Luke-kun! Please wait!"

The girl was calling me, but I didn't care, I ran until I fainted for some reason.

After fainting I woke up some time later and apparently I was bleeding, thanks to the ether healing me I didn't die from blood loss.

It would be very pathetic to die from something like this.

Knowledge was coming to me more and more.

I could already know more things, for example, the age of this body must be around 15 years and my mental age must be around 3 years, now it is around 10 years.

Soon I will reach the mental age of this body.

I walked on and on until I found a village.

But there's nothing nearby, I guess I'll have to walk some more.

I can't believe it.

It took me four days of walking until I reached the outskirts of a town.

Some men were guarding the entrance.

Now I know their names. Knights.

Knights have a duty to protect others and serve as a military power.

The bearded knight stopped me.

"Identification."

"I don't have any."

I replied a little shyly, if I showed any other way I would be suspicious.

"If you don't have ID you must pay the entrance fee and then apply for a merchant, adventurer or your master's permission to enter."

"I-I understand. How much is it?"

"It's three [Clair]."

Clair is the official name of the coin of this world is what the owner of this body remembers.

Somethings I can't remember and somethings I can.

I took out the leather pouch from my pocket and handed the knight the three Clair.

"I'm sorry, I made a mistake. For those without ID it's 15 Clair, the 3 Clair is for those who are travelers with luggage."

"How is that possible?!"

I can't believe it, this is extortion.

(This guy is charging me an exorbitant amount to get in.)

His sneering smile implies that after seeing my money he thinks I'm rich or something.

I tried to ask the other knight for help and noticing my stare he said.

"It's 15 Clair per person without luggage."

(The fucker is charging me too!)

(That means they're in cahoots.)

Reluctantly I had to listen to him and handed over the 15 coins.

The coin was of a shining silver color.

"OK, you can go in. Remember that if you don't manage to get an ID you'll have to go through the same thing again."

After entering, I quickly turned around and watched as they split half of the proceeds to hand over the actual value to whoever is in charge.

(I swear they'll pay me back.)

(But I'll ignore them for now.)

I turned my attention to the place.

It was amazing, a lot of people in different clothes walking in different directions.

Carriages of different sizes and colors were coming and going.

The main street was up ahead, this part was just small shops selling anything and everything to the visitors who came.

Now that I entered here, what should I do?

Using My Creator's knowledge, I deduced that the first thing I should do is to find an inn and then join the adventurer's guild.

What is an adventurer?

I don't know, but it sounds exciting.

I walked around like a child amazed by what my eyes were seeing.

Everything was new and fantastic.

Even if the face of My Creator was the most perfect thing I saw, the place I was seeing was beneath my feet.

That wasn't necessarily bad, it was beautiful, but it didn't measure up to Him.

I stopped suddenly and noticed a huge sign.

It said it was the adventurers' guild.

The outside was huge, almost a whole neighborhood occupied.

I decided to go inside to see the interior.

Which was just as amazing on the inside.

There were at least three floors, not counting the ground floor.

There were many men and women with weapons and different appearances chatting, eating and even going through some brown papers.

I went inside to find out how to register.

I noticed a man talking to a woman at a desk.

It seems that this is where I should register as this girl handed him money on a silver tray.

I approached and was greeted by a beautiful woman with light green hair which was tied up in a braided bun, her bright green eyes matched her smile which had a mole under her lip.

"Welcome to the adventurer's guild. I'm the receptionist Jessica, how can I help you?"

Her voice was pleasant and mature in tone, maybe she is about 22 years old.

"I want to register as an adventurer."

I told her bluntly. I still don't know what one is, but it seems kind of dangerous seeing as they all have weapons.

"To officially register for the guild you need to be of age. Do you have an ID?"

"No..."

"Are you over 15?"

"I have 15 years old."

"Well, being 15 is legally considered an adult, we usually recommend older than that as there are a lot of dangers out there."

"Would you be interested in a card that says underage so you can do F-rank assignments?"

"F-rank?"

"Quests or requests are given a rank which corresponds to the adventurer's rank."

"An F rank is the lowest rank or beginner's base. Every adventurer goes through that base."

"What is the highest?"

"The highest rank is A rank, and there are even great adventurers who become S rank."

"F-rank quests include collecting herbs for medicine or elixirs, catching pets and even helping with small jobs─"

"I want to become a rank A. How can I get it?"

She was very happy explaining the details to me, I already made up my mind that I was an adventurer, but when I told her that I wanted to be an A rank suddenly her smile was erased and an angry expression showed.

"Are you serious?"

"Do you even know how many adventurers who think they are strong die because they go on risky missions that are not on their level?"

"They are young men like you who are going to die having a long life ahead of them─"

"I don't care. They are losers and I am the one who will spread the will of the Sword God."

Her face of displeasure was evident towards my words.

But instead of looking angry at the way I acted, it was at what I said.

"I can't deny someone an adventurer's ID card. It's 20 Clair, 5 Clair for the identification spell, 10 Clair for the materials to recompose and 5 Clair which is what the guild earns. If you lose it, it will be double pay."

She pulled out a strange machine, it looked like a dish with black liquid, she placed a brown card in there and then it glowed.

A magic circle activated.

"Please use this dagger and put some of your blood from your finger."

I listened to her and cut my finger.

The blood fell and the black liquid turned blue and merged with the card, even my face was being reflected there.

"Transaction completed, welcome to the adventurer's guild."

I could barely read as I didn't understand the language that much, but there was something I noticed instantly.

"F-rank?"

"Why does it say F-rank? It was supposed to say A-rank!"

She glared at me.

"Even if you say that, everyone starts with F-rank, it's a three-month period where your capabilities will be assessed. If you fail, your ID will be revoked and you will be branded as a failure and will not be allowed to enter a guild in your life."

"Many died to avoid this system."

"That's ridiculous! I want to be A-rank!"

She sighed after shouting at him.

"If you want to be A rank, there is a way."

"What's that? I'll pass it without a doubt."

I asked her while looking at her in a determined manner.

"You must defeat an A or S rank if you want to belong to a rank higher than yours. That's the rule."

"Fine. I'll do it."

"Bring me whoever you want and I'll defeat it."

"You're a hopeless fool."

She said before leaving.

After a while, the floor began to shake.

And she returned with a huge grey haired man behind her.

"I'm Bronson the guild master of this city. You're the one who wants to be an A-rank, instead of an F-rank?"

He was intimidating in height, but I wasn't afraid of him.

"It's me."

The huge man burst out laughing.

"Hahahahahahahahaha! Every year it's the same thing, some idiot thinks they can be the greatest adventurer of them all."

He approached me after mocking me.

"I'll show you brat, a high rank adventurer is not something to be taken lightly."

We went to the back of the guild, where there was a large training field covered with sand or grass.

The training ground was divided into sections, they looked like small houses, we entered one of them.

The guild master picked up a small wooden sword.

"This is the place where kids like you understand that they are just idiots."

He threw a wooden sword at me.

"Get ready and tell me when to start."

I taunted him.

"Poor thing, you'll get hurt."

I looked at the receptionist from before who was looking at me angrily.

I grabbed the sword and got into attack position.

"Go ahead."

After saying that... I didn't move.

There was something strange here.

(What should I do?)

I have the knowledge of the Sword God, I know how to use a sword... but I can't use it.

No, don't tell me. I can't because I need practice.

I am the creation of a god, I have the knowledge. But it seems that just like walking, I have to learn with this body how to do it, knowledge doesn't work if my body doesn't know how to use it.

This is bad!

That's what I thought as I saw the wooden sword heading for my belly.

With a heavy blow that hit me, I flew straight into the wall and spat out in pain.

I collapsed on the floor and the receptionist came up to me with a smile on her face.

"Here. This place is a very cheap inn where I'm sure you'll be treated well. I look forward to working with you."

She flashed an angelic smile with those wicked words.

It is my second day in this world and I have been humiliated to the fullest.

Before you want to crucify me because I know you well.

The scene of "Emma" is in fact a reference to "Elize" from my Otome novel, I'll say this in the curiosities anyway, but I'll tell you now, so you don't get mad.

And as another curiosity, she is a reference to "Alicia" from my novel Ixion, that's right, the same name as the god slayer sword, I love that sarcastic pokeball seriously.

If you want to know what the future holds for her, read on.

The chapter isn't as nitro as you think because of how far he's advanced in knowledge, he said he'd get the information and it would take hours, now it's just a matter of time before he gets his full personality.

We start the fanservice with Regulus.

https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/es/post/show/21158329

3