Side Story ─ Origin (2)
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second part of the past about the Sword God, Zelzeus. Who tells us how he ended up with so much hatred to the gods.

It has been several years since I heard the voice of the God Zeus.

He told me that my life had a purpose, to save the world.

How would I do that?

He told me to travel around the world to learn about their cultures and ways of life.

In the world there are poor people and rich people.

Those who have diseases and those who cannot pay for their health, which is exclusively for the rich.

But there is still famine, death, incurable diseases and, above all, slavery.

People with nothing can be happy with whatever they have at hand.

Children playing with mud.

Adults eating fish.

Mothers washing their family's clothes.

Those little details are what made the lives of ordinary people so much better than those of kings and the powerful.

But that generated several doubts in me, one of them was.

What can I do to achieve it?

Because of that question that did not let me sleep, I ended up arriving in a city.

In fact, they are two cities, they are called the twin cities, Sodom and Gomorrah.

I had to pay the entrance fee as in every city, but here the cost was very expensive unlike the others.

The soldiers were despicable and rude.

While I was walking through the streets of the city, some children tried to steal from me, not my money or clothes.

But trying to steal my body parts such as my limbs and organs.

I watched as those same kids, just before meeting me, were taking a homeless man's kidneys.

Apparently the black market is the only market here, the sale of animal flesh can easily be replaced by sales of human organs without them knowing it.

I went looking for an inn, the smell of excrement, alcohol and above all stench from not bathing in years flooded every street.

The inn was expensive, a small room was more expensive than I thought, the size is just like a box, if you want a bigger one, you will pay more.

I stayed there for a few hours because it didn't suck, woke up and went out to buy some real food.

The caretaker said that the meat here if it's from animals, if it was from people, the king would have the heads of everyone involved cut off.

But that even so I should not trust myself, I must observe the animal they kill at that moment and verify that it is the one they will serve me.

Something called cannibalism has started to develop around here.

He says that I don't want to find out how it got its name, but if a group of strangers with red hands and dog-like teeth approaches me, I must flee.

While eating my meat, which was raw on the inside and burnt on the outside, middle term they call it, I overheard the conversation of some men.

"Did you hear the news?"

"Which one? In this place there are too many things to tell."

"For instance, today I saw a crazy man building a boat, halfway through the jungle, can you believe it?"

"Really? I don't mean that, I mean the war."

"War? What war?"

"I heard from my brother who is a soldier guarding the king, he said that lately the golden mad king is wreaking havoc all over this place."

"What do you mean by golden mad king?"

"That guy who proclaimed himself to be immortal and is right now fighting the tyrant king of Egypt."

I didn't understand what they were talking about.

I went to the square to buy clothes, the ones I brought were in rags.

In the market, which at the same time was the black market, they sold all kinds of disgusting items.

The worst of all was not the one selling mushrooms that made you hallucinate.

It was prostitution.

For just a small price you could have sex with different people.

That's right, people.

It included not only women, but also men, and thanks to slavery, you could also have fun with old people, sick people... and children.

I would like to say that the most disgusting were those who abused animals, and by abuse I mean genital contact.

The boys and girls were beautiful, they were kidnapped from their families and sold as sex slaves to great kings, especially those who spoke of God and were old.

I really dislike this place, I want to leave, I don't want to be here again.

But water in the desert is scarce, so I must wait for the inn keeper to fill my canteens before I leave.

I'll have to stay until morning.

I heard a clatter.

I quickly got up and forgot that my room was the size of a box.

I hit my head hard.

I rushed out and found an unimaginable mess.

"Fire!"

"Put out the fire!"

Flaming rocks were falling from the sky, hitting every building, every street and even people.

A man shouting in flames said this was God's judgment, it was a punishment to sinners.

I grabbed my things, barely grabbing one of my canteens and ran for my life.

The huge rocks of fire were heading mainly for the palace, destroying everything in their path.

People were fleeing in terror.

I was approaching the gates with others to get out of here.

As I did so.

"Now."

Said a loud voice.

In the distance I noticed a large number of men in strange armor pointing their arrows at us, they were on fire.

They sent them straight at anyone trying to get out.

They even hit me, because I am bathed in sweat, the flames seem to be only lit to hasten death.

I will not die, as the God Zeus gave me his protection.

It hurts a lot, but I will not die.

I pretended to faint so they wouldn't know I was still alive.

A soldier approached me, he seemed to be the highest ranking.

He drew his sword and buried it in me.

It was only the tip, it hurt like hell, but I showed no signs of pain.

As for the old man next to me who had been superficially wounded, he did the same to him.

But when he saw that I showed pain he buried his sword all the way in.

The old man died.

A subordinate approached him.

"Captain, we have confirmed the death of King Birsha, now we will go for King Bera."

"Well, this is all the will of our king, the fall of the sinful cities, Sodom and Gomorrah, as well as the plagues of Egypt, are hastening the total domination of the world."

"Soon all Mesopotamia will belong to the only king of kings, Gilgamesh."

(Gilgamesh?)

(I remember hearing that name in my childhood, but I don't remember it exactly.)

The cries of the people in the burning city were agonizing.

"Soon Uruk will be the only city that will have a king. His Majesty Gilgamesh will be pleased with this."

"Quickly, let us go to our next destination."

The soldiers left after making sure they had destroyed the entire city.

The sun rose and I stood up.

I was the only one who survived.

In front of me lay the ashes of two cities full of sinners.

But even if they were full of sin, they were lives that could be saved.

I'm sure they were not all monsters.

So I decided to do something.

It was time to go home, if those men were right.

(Surely that Gilgamesh fellow must be my brother.)

(For I was the rightful heir to the throne of Uruk.)

Thinking that, I did not imagine that this was one of the causes of my real suffering in this world.

___________

Origin part two, end.

You can already imagine that we will see this until the end of the novel.

And yeah, Zel is linked to historical facts of this world. So if you ask if he will fight against Alexander the Great or Hercules, only time will tell LOL.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/5380871

0