6. Oh no, She’s hot
441 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wiggle, your big toe.”

“Yes! You’re doing it, Mr. Alexander! You’re doing it!”

With sweat trickling down my forehead to my nose, a smile blossomed as I finally managed to regain the feelings in my leg.

It had been three days since I woke up. Turns out I was asleep for two days straight. It felt far shorter when I was inside the darkness. But, be that as it may, I am currently undergoing physical therapy.

When I woke up, my body was so sore that getting up to sit was already a hurdle. Then, not an hour later, I found out that I could not even walk.

“You damaged your spine, your leg muscles are torn. Your vision should still be a little hazy from applying spirit in them too haphazardly. Please don’t breathe too heavily, your ribs are all cracked, you’re going to pass out—”

Three hours later after waking up from passing out. I was given the details of my body’s current state.

“Your muscles and veins have constricted. The activation of the Aether Crystals in your blood caused an acute reaction that resulted in your muscles being torn apart. But, don’t worry, because of Knight Selena’s interference, we managed to heal you. But as you know, sorcery only helps accelerate regenerative property and the pain does not disappear. Especially in your case.”

“...I see.” I was surprised to know that they actually utilized such sorcery on me. But, what was more surprising was that they were called the Aether Crystals.

‘Aether Crystals, it is a kind of material that flows in the blood of all living beings. An Aether Crystal is what allows someone to awaken their Spirit and Mana. The key components in the creation of a Mana Heart and an Spirit Chamber…how do I know this kind of thing?’

I have never heard about them before. We didn’t have such things on Earth. Maybe that’s the new groundbreaking discovery of the Ukthran Tower discovered? Well, I wouldn’t know, I’m dead there now.

But, somehow. Some way. I knew about them. This happened to me from time to time.

‘Is this the kind of memory he said I’d receive?’ it was different from how I thought it would be.

I thought it would be more dramatic, ‘There’s not even a headache.’

I have read many stories. Most of them had the theme of reincarnation and inheriting memories. So when Alexander told me that I would receive his memories, I thought it would be more along the ways of—

[“My head! It’s spinning! What are these memories that’s entering my head!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHH!”] Or somewhere along those lines.

But they appear when I need them. But, it was not perfect because more often than not, I would blank out when someone mentions something foreign like some kind of stew made from the meat of a creature known as Yurkan.

It was tasty. But damn does it have a weird name. Now that you mention it, foreign foods and drinks didn’t register with me as well. I could only guess that this memory transfer did not work with minute details as I had hoped.

Maybe it had something to do with the imperfect summoning.

“If you wanted to get crippled, you could’ve just jumped in front of a Carriage. That would have been less painful and easier to do… hey, are you even listening?”

“Ah! Yes… I mean, no, I’m sorry, my mind wandered off.” 

Doctor Wolf sighed at my words, “Mr. Alexander, this is for your own good. To be healthy is to first know the state of your body. You especially need to know this. You are already twenty-six this year. Though not old, your body is worse than a forty-year old. You haven’t trained your body and have albinism that makes your body already sensitive to a lot of ailments. This resulted in you being unable to use Spirit or Mana. But the recent accident forced you to summon Spirit to strengthen your body. If we use this chance, you should be able to strengthen your body..”

“Thank you, Doctor.”

That’s how my rehabilitation started. 

I still have to use a crutch as I badly injured my right leg. It’s not so bad. When I started, I was actually using a wheelchair. I had to first regain the feeling of my legs before I got started. But ten minutes into the therapy, I could wiggle my big toe and an hour later I could stand up with assistance. I couldn’t even go around the hospital without anyone accompanying me.

Three days later, I can now walk using a crutch without anyone supervising my every move.

It felt liberating—as liberating as a man stuck in a hospital. Well, what mattered was that I could move around without anyone telling me where to go.

And that allowed me to visit some different places. Going around, I didn’t go my way digging around but I made sure to check out one thing, their level of technology.

And like I had taught, they were quite advanced. I might go as well and say they were far more advanced than what I had back.

 There was the usual television that looked like a floating piece of holographic board. The severe lack of wirings but instead tubes made from an unknown sturdy substance to transfer a different kind of energy all across the entire Hospital.

‘Mystic Lines… something that transfers Aether across one medium to the next. So is it something like electricity?’ it was far less detailed than the other memories. It must have something to do with how much Alexander had prior knowledge of things..

Anyways, I had seen enough. I could already make a proper conjecture. This world was a pioneer in using the mystical side of reality. Like how Earth used to focus on Science, they were focused on discovering the nature of fantasy.

It was a blend of magic and technology. It was amazing.

Aether Crystal, their technologies, Arcane Heart, Spirit Chambers, these were just some of the things that I had encountered. They were even more advanced than the Outworlders who arrived on Earth.

‘I need to read through some things after I get out of this place. Or rather, I need to get a phone.’ 

I just hoped that when the time comes, I could remember the pin on my bank account. 

I was advised to get used to walking again. And that was it. So I just walked around. Now that I had finished looking around, I had nothing else to do. There was nothing much to do in the hospital. But, there was one thing that the Hospital was known for.

It was a source of entertainment for many people. But it didn’t need to be followed entirely to be appreciated. It was also valued by those who dwell in the shadows. If you have an idea what I’m talking about, you’re either a horrible person or someone just innocently curious and inquisitive.

That’s right, I’m talking about the most glorious pastime of all time!

Gossips.

The most effective way of gathering intel. Or should I say, my source of entertainment for the next hour or two. 

Now, let’s find someone people who look sketchy as fuck. There! 

By the Food Court, there was a pair of friends talking while enjoying their meal. I took the seat behind them and pretended to look around.

“The Knight is about to lay siege to the Dust Cavern. I have a friend from the intelligence unit and he said that they managed to track down the [Five Talon Sorcerer] there.”

“Oh that? To think it was the Five Talon Sorcerer. I was aware it was to catch a criminal but to think it was that bastard. Hmph, that must be why the Earl of Agricola sent his third son to take charge. It must be to complete their Noblesse Oblige.”

A siege? Five Talon Sorcerer, and Knights. Hmm, do they follow some sort of order here as well? Knights and Paladins, a term from the distant past. Is it some kind of ranking system?

“Hooh, I just hope they don’t fuck up. Those pansy Nobles are only good with moving their mouths.”

“Hey, don’t flap your mouth too much. What if someone hears you?”

“Who cares? It’s not like anyone would take offense. I’m just saying what’s on everyone’s mind. Those Nobles are all pansy and a bunch of pricks. Wait, don’t tell me you’re afraid of the Moon Bitch?”

“Come on dude. Stop it.” one of the two men pleaded for his friend to stop, “The Countess does not take kindly to hearing such things.”

Countess? So they really do follow the roles of Nobility here. And whoever this Countess is, she sounds powerful for one of the two to sound so scared. 

The ones I chose to eavesdrop over were a pair of seasoned veterans of the battlefield. From the thickness of their muscles and calluses, to the scars strewn across their body, anyone could see the confidence oozing from their bodies.

“Heh, that woman isn’t even here. Her luck is too good for her to be injured and come here. Even if she does get injured, she’ll call someone to stitch her up to hide her shame. Even if she does hear me, what is she going to do? Flail that overly large sword of hers? Pfft, I’m telling you, every Noble is just for show. Heh, a none Exceeder Paladin? And a woman no less? What a joke. She must’ve bought her position with bribes. I can take on someone like that.”

The latter of the two announced. But why does it feel like I know who they are walking about? Hmm, must be someone Alexander knows. Wait, does that mean I have connections? Then if the Countess really did buy her position, then if I can dig up some dirt on her, “convincing” her when the time arises would be really easy.

However, the former of the two men thought otherwise, “Bought her way up? She is as strong as an Ogre King. When she was assessed by the Great Paladin Palas she managed to knock him down. Her skills are that of a Master. She can even do manifestation! You’re only saying that because you didn’t see her fight. But I did. She can decimate a group of Walabeast and Hellspawns on her own. She can take care of an entire branch of Devil Worshippers on her own. And didn’t you know that the Countess sent her friend to this Hospital. Even asking the Beast Doctor to take care of him. She is often seen here, you know?”

“Y-you must be kidding. A Devil Worshipper Branch? You must be exaggerating. You must’ve seen someone different… an entire branch… what a joke. You best get your eyecheck. Heh, rumors these days are getting out of hand. I bet I can take care of that bitch with one mov— one mo… one….”

They then stopped talking. I sneakily turned around and saw a shadow cast over the two people who were talking precariously about some female noble. 

Tok! Tok! Tok! Tok!

But suddenly, the busy food court was silent. 

The echo of stilettos was all that could be heard. 

The gasps of people were a close second.

“Co-countess!”

“Co-co-countess!”

I heard them hastily get up from their seats. One of them, more afraid than the other. They greeted and so did the others around them.

I followed suit and copied them. I lowered my head and placed my right hand on my chest, “Countess.”

Did she hear them? Will I be able to watch a good show? 

When I got to the food court, I was expecting to be entertained. But hearing those claims from the man and the slandered in the same place. There should be a good show, right?

This was also one of the reasons why I sat near them. You often get to see bar fights when there’s one loudmouth and someone from a high position. After losing the ability to fight, I had to live the life of fighting by watching bar fights.

I even befriended a professional instigator. 

He was a piece of shit. But boy was he good at instigating two groups.

Hearing the sound of her steps getting closer, made my heart beat faster. However, for some odd reason, I was feeling guilty.

Was it because Alexander was kind? Well, whatever it was, I didn’t care because my excitement was increasing by the second! 

I even started inching backwards to get them some room to fight. 

One rule of watching bar fights, was to not get involved. I learned that from my instigator friend.

“What are you doing? Are you avoiding me?”

Hah! The guy is running away? Just how intimidating is the Countess? I was thrilled to see him try and back his words, so I raised my head to see the conflict unfold. 

But all I saw was a pair of well-developed chesticles hidden behind a neatly button up long sleeved shirt. 

‘...please don’t be the Countess.’

I looked down and saw her wearing black pants that were perfectly wrapped around her waists . buttocks, and legs. Her high-heeled black boots that should be at least five inches tall.

I have seen that style over the past three days. 

Almost immediately, I started changing the chant in my head, ‘....please be the Countess. Wait, but what if she is the Countess? Just don’t be her. Just don’t be her.Just don’t be her….’

As I raised my head to confirm who it was, I instinctively took a step back as I unknowingly smiled, “Se-Selena, what brings you here? ” 

Her silver hair tied neatly to a ponytail. That succinct way of talking and how she carried herself with dignity and pride. She was not all skin and bones but had muscles. But she was not bulky in the slightest.

Even her style was neat and proper. She was Selena.

Selena appears to be one of Alexander’s close friends. Ela knows her well and was very close to her. She was even taking care of Ela while I stayed in the hospital.

She was a serious and professional woman. She was also elegant and from what I just heard, she was extremely powerful and skilled. 

Well what else could I have expected from someone who saved me and Ela from that beast.

She was a wonderful woman.

And therein lies the problem.

She was too wonderful.

No, she was too cool for me.

Every time I see her, my heart starts beating faster and my face turns red.

Yes, at the age of twenty-five… I got myself a crush like some sort of teenager.

"What am I doing here? What kind of question is that? I am obviously here to visit you. Is there a problem with a friend visiting their friends when they are in the hospital?” 

“N-no, there’s nothing wrong about that….” I answered as I looked away, ‘ASDKJNWERTIUBNSDMABSDIBH, AAAAAAAAAAHHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?’

I screamed in my head.

Thanks for reading <3

Oh yeah, nothing is set in stone on who will be the Main-Heroine as of now. There are several characters to be introduced.

Ugh, it is a shame but I do not know how to insert image here so I can show the Illustrated Image of Selena or of the Characters. If anyon knows, please tell me how thank you.

Also

Crush ≠ Love (Romantically)

21