Prologue
334 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cold water enveloped me as I struggled to keep my head above the surface. I had managed to make my way to one of the lifeboats, but as it was lowered into the water, it had overturned, throwing me and several others into the frigid water.

Panic set in as I realized I was alone in the water, with no life jacket and no way to stay afloat. I gasped for air as my body started to go numb from the cold. I tried to swim toward one of the other lifeboats, but the current was too strong, and I soon found myself drifting further and further away from the sinking ship.

As the minutes ticked by, my strength began to fail me. I felt myself slipping beneath the surface, my lungs burning for air. I tried to call out for help, but my voice was weak, I slowly sank towards the bottom of the sea as the cold water dulled my thoughts and I lost consciousness.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I jolted awake as cold sweat dripped off my back. It had been a while since I last had a nightmare of my death, and I was still shivering a little from it. I quickly shake the feeling off as I prepare for the day, I head downstairs to see my mother, a woman in her 30s as she was making todays breakfast, Fried Rabbit and Blue Partridge Stew, an odd breakfast. "Morning Mum, what's with breakfast today? Not that I'm complaining." I ask. " Today's your twelfth birthday, how could you forget." she replies, "A good breakfast is key for having a great time before the ceremony, We can't start an important day like this without a delicious breakfast.". My eyes widen as I remember todays date. I open my status to check my age.

Name Glenn Bronx
Age 12
Class Trainee
Race Human
Affinity Locked
Stats
Strength E
Endurance E
Vitality E-
Dexterity D
Intelligence E-
Wisdom D
Charisma E
Perception D

Today's the day I get my magic.

5