77TH GEAR – ASKING FOR A TRACKSUIT DATE
27 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

77TH GEAR - ASKING FOR A TRACKSUIT DATE

Sky blue contrails and sparkling pink streaks clashed against one another, making twists and turns, spiraling into a DNA model. Both Speedmage clashed with their strength and speed, bumping against each other without a care in the world. Sparks fly every time their magical barriers collide, and then they would run again at extreme speed before trying to run in circles against each other.

Flu spread out her right hand and swiped it with fire magic! “Phoenix Talon!”

Ericka also reached out with her hand coated with ice mana! “Walrus Punch!”

Boom!

The clashing of both magic made a powerful smoke! Phoenix Talon melted Walrus Punch, and the Walrus Punch extinguished the Phoenix Talon!

“W-Where is she?”

Flu looked around in a hurry as she traversed through the thick smoke. Suddenly, Ericka appeared from her right rear and skated forward!

“You’re mine!”

Beep! A magical circle point indicator manifested in sky-blue color!

Point for Ericka, at 2:3!

Flu launched away because of the repelling force, but she used that energy to amplify her comeback speed! She swiped her hand in the air and created a Stardust Trampoline, and then jumped on it with both feet!

“Yaaaaah!” Flu boosted forward as she reached out for Ericka’s back!

Beep! A pink magical circle point indicator appeared!

Point for Flu, at 3:3!

As both Speedmages were thrown away from each other, Flu was preparing another Stardust Trampoline!

“One more!” Flu cried.

All of a sudden, Ericka spread out her hands and then exhaled snow dust.

“Time Freeze”

As soon as the time was frozen in place, Ericka boosted forward and approached the time-locked Flu! She struck the pink-haired Speedmage multiple times that the magical circle point indicators stacked on Flu’s back!

As soon as time regained its flow, three sky-blue magical circles beeped!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Three points for Ericka, now at 3:6!

“Kyaaah!”

Flu has launched away once again because of the repelling effect, but she has a counter for Ericka’s continued assault! She spread out her hands and swiped as many Air Trampolines as she can manifest with her mana!

“Here I go!”

Flu roared as she jumped on the left trampoline, then to the right, then to the left, then to the right! She zigzagged through the trampolines, multiplying her speed of jump tremendously! This is the same spell she used back in the tournament, and now we have a name for it: Chain Trampoline Ricochet!

“Yaaaaaaah!

Ericka’s eyes could not follow Flu’s zigzagging speed! Flu managed to zoom toward Ericka’s back and then struck a point!

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 4:6!

“One more!” Flu cried as she created a Stardust Trampoline and then jumped once again, aiming for Ericka’s back! As soon as she touched it, another pink magical circle was created!

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 5:6!

“C-Crap!” Ericka cried as she was pushed backward!

“I’m not finished yet!”

Flu smiled as she made a rocket jump, and then created a Stardust Trampoline, and used that trampoline to double her jumping speed towards the discombobulated Useless Prez!

“Phoenix Arrow!”

It just happened in a blink of an eye! Flu managed to strike Ericka’s back without giving her time to react! Another pink magical circle point indicator was created!

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 6:6!

“Aaaargh!”

Ericka cried with a slightly angry tone as she was thrown away by the repelling force yet again. Her eyes had a glimpse of the 3rd Checkpoint Tower which is getting closer and closer to their tag fight. She immediately talked to me to ask about the time.

“How many minutes left, Coach?” Ericka asked.

“Ten seconds!” I said through the mic.

Ericka made a devious grin. As soon as she regained her balance, she pivoted and swiped a straight line aiming at the 3rd Checkpoint Tower!

“Frozen Path!”

All of a sudden, a clear straight path made of ice leading to the 3rd Checkpoint Tower manifested! Ericka immediately stepped on the ice and skated with extreme speed!

Frozen Path is a speed spell commonly used by Speedster. It involves creating a pathway made of clear white solid snow, and every time the caster steps on the ice, her speed greatly increases. If you add the skating-on-ice mix, it would definitely be a great way to finish a Speed Battle by touching a Checkpoint Tower!

“Eh!? You’re going for the Checkpoint Tower?” Flu cried. “B-But you are a Striker!”

“Desperate times call for desperate measures, Flu! I will win this fight!” Ericka smiled as she skated forward, looking at the 3rd Checkpoint Tower!

“I will not let you!” Flu gritted as she made chase of the Useless Prez!

The moment Flu stepped on the ice, she almost immediately slipped. So she changed her Accel speed to something I never saw her use in actual Speed Battles before!

“Fire Accel!” Flu poured magical flames on her Speedmage Shoes and walked through the melting Frozen Path.

Three…

Ericka is getting closer to the Checkpoint Tower!

Two…

Flu is just one step behind and about to strike Prez’s back!

One…

Ericka swiped her hand on the 3rd Checkpoint Tower! It glowed a sky-blue light!

Beep!

Point for Ericka, at 6:7!

And then…

Fweeeeeeet!

The whistle was blown by the referee Cruzo. Meanwhile, Flu braked but she continued to slide until she tripped and got her face dragged on the soil!

“Gwah!” Flu cried.

“Match Over!” Cruzo raised his hand. “The winner is Prez Ericka!”

“I did it! I finished the match without puking!” Ericka energetically pumped her fists. She seemed to be not caring about the result of the Speed Battle after all. She’s more focused on holding onto her breakfast inside her stomach.

I immediately went to the 3rd Checkpoint Tower and checked on both Speedmages’ condition, especially Flu. Flu tends towards being depressed whenever she loses sometimes, so I have to make sure that she did not incur any emotional damage.

“Flu! Are you okay?” I approached her with a spray-type potion ready.

“Boohoo… I’m such a failure after all…” Flu cried. “Hnnnnnnnnngh! I’m so frustrated!”

“Flu?”

“I’m so frustrated! Frustrated! Frustrated! That was so close! If only I had one more second!” Flu cried out loud energetically.

“A-Are you okay?” I asked worriedly.

“I’m fine!” Flu immediately jumped back on her feet and then excitedly pumped her fists. Her blue eyes are filled with determination as she looks at Ericka. “Prez! Let’s go for another match!”

“H-Huh?” Ericka muttered.

“I want to try something else! I hated myself for trying out Lilith’s Deadlock tactics! I want to try imitating Vincent! I will teleport all over the place with my speed!” Flu cried.

“O-Okay.” Ericka crossed her arms and sighed. Then she projected a smile. “Let’s take a breather first before proceeding for Round 2.”

“Alright!” Flu pumped her fists once again.

Ericka grabbed a towel from Cruzo and then started to wipe her sweat. She looked around, seemingly searching for something… or someone.

“Hey, Coach. Is Cruzo still not around?” Ericka asked. “That panda is getting late yet again.”

“He’s right beside you.” I pointed at the white macho man with thick eyebags beside her. “He’s been officiating the match since the start, idiot.”

Ericka immediately looked at the macho referee and the one who just handed her the towel. She blinked two times and wiped her eyes just to confirm that she was not hallucinating.

“H-Hello, Prez.” Cruzo gave a wry beam.

“N-No way!” Ericka cried in disbelief.

She cannot believe that the big chubby panda is now the macho man who has burned all his fat with the power of love.

<>

It was already afternoon when our Saturday practice concluded. Ericka won most of the Speed Battles with a score of 3:1. After those four rounds of exhausting challenges, I had my Speedmages run ten laps on the triangle and do some basic maneuver training. It was the same old practice we had but we had so much fun doing it that we did not even notice the hours gone by.

As usual, Flu and I went home using her Stardust Accel. When we reached the Eastern Beachfront, I reminded her.

“Flu, remember to do some stretching before you go to bed tonight, okay? You exhausted yourself a lot because of continuous matches, so you also have to rest up early.”

“D-Do I have to run ten laps before going to bed too!?” Flu asked nervously.

“Chill down, Flu.” I chuckled.

“Tahahaha!” Flu gave an embarrassed laugh as she scratched her head.

“That’s it for today then. See you on Monday.” I said as I waved my hand goodbye. 

But before I could turn away, Flu immediately dragged my attention.

“Coach!”

“Yes?” I asked.

“Tomorrow is Sunday, right? U-Ummm, are you free?”

“Yep, I’m free. Why, do you want to practice again?”

Flu blushed as she nervously scratched her reddish cheek. “Y-You could say it is practice, but I want to show you something. Let’s just meet here at this very beach tomorrow! After lunch!”

“O-Okay.”

“And make sure you bring your PE uniform! Or a tracksuit! Or any clothes that are comfortable to wear!” Flu added.

“Okay, okay,” I said.

At first, I thought she would be asking me for a date, but bringing a PE uniform or tracksuit is definitely a weird dress for going out. Of course, she won’t ask me for a date, we’re not even lovers! It’s most probably something to do with practice as she said earlier, but why should I bring those overly-specific clothes?

I wonder what Flu is planning to do tomorrow.

2