111TH GEAR – I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE!
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

111TH GEAR - I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE!

Never in my wildest dreams that Flu would ever be harsh on me. Not even in this Speed Battle. But I see that she is doing everything she can to prove that she is the reigning Speedmage Champion. She wanted me to become a Speedmage Champion too, even just in this match. So I have to beat her in this Speed Battle.

But how can I do it?

The oh-so-mighty Speedmage Champion is using her ultimate move: the Alternate Reality Magic that rewrites the rules of her existence! Pinions of Bravery is the spell that gave her an edge against Lilith!

“Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!” I cried as I ran at my full speed, trying to get closer to the 2nd Checkpoint Tower to secure another point! Blasting off with my red wind contrails, I extended my mana consumption! “Wind Accel Exceed!”

Swoosh!

All of a sudden, Flu appeared right in front of me. She dashed and closed in a 600-meter gap in just a fraction of a second that seemed like she just teleported! But her pink glittery streaks can be found on her previous tracks!

Flu swiped her hand to me, and I was immediately deflected by the repelling force!

“Guuuh!” I cried.

“Where are you going, Jonathan?” Flu smiled.

I gritted as I pivoted my foot and swerved. I will try a detour to lose her, but she immediately dashed in an instant to touch my back!

Beep! A pink magical circle point indicator manifested!

Point for Fluonessia, at 3:3!

“Gah!” I cried as I was pushed by the repelling force once more.

I looked at my opponent and saw her floating up with her stardust feathers. She gave me a staredown that induced extraneous pressure on my spirit. Unlike the staredown I witnessed from Vincent and Lilith though, Flu’s inflicting gaze is not meant to terrorize but to inspire her opponent. Now I can see why most Speedmages are happy to have a Speed Battle with her.

I wiped away the sweat on my cheeks. At this rate, if I continue playing as a Speedster, she will just strike my back. I need to yield the Checkpoint Towers and 100% focus on my opponent.

I tried to match the energy of her staredown. I grinned with my fangs showing as if I am having fun. Well, I am really having the time of my life here!

“Enough running, Jonathan! Let’s zip zap and have a game of tag!” Flu happily said.

“Your wish is my command!” I said as I spread out my arms and started to run backward.

As I run in reverse, I created several Air Trampolines in midair. I know that if I have to match her teleportation-like speed, I will have to give everything I got!

I jumped on the left Air Trampoline, then to the right, then to the left, and then to the right! I alternated between Air Trampolines, creating a red zigzag contrail streak, ready to clash with my impossible opponent!

“Chain Trampoline Ricochet!”

Flu also mirrored my move, but without using any Stardust Trampolines. She zigzagged left and right with just sheer willpower and speed, her velocity triplicates as she changed directions!

Even at the exponential speed gained by me in jumping between Air Trampolines, I am no match for Flu’s quickness! She was able to make a U-Turn before we clash, and then she spread out her hand to score a point!

“Gah!”

Beep! A pink magical circle point indicator manifested!

Point for Fluonessia, at 3:4!

“I’m not finished yet!” Flu roared as she created five speed clones of herself and then bounced to strike my back!

“Phasing Vibrate!”

In the nick of time, I activated the mini Air Trampolines on my palms to vibrate every molecule on my body. By going in a negative tangible frequency, I managed to pass through all five Fluonessias at once!

“T-That again!?” Flu cried.

All five Fluonessias merged back into one as she was astounded by my immediate phasing ability!

As soon as Flu exposed her back, I disabled my Phasing Vibration and swiftly struck! A red magical circle point indicator manifested!

Beep!

Point for Jonathan, at 4:4!

“Ghhh!” Flu suppressed her cry as she was launched by the repelling force. She floated up high in the sky to disengage from a tag fight for a split second.

But then she swiftly changed directions smoothly like a swimming snake and then dived into my head on!

“Yaaaaaah!” Flu reached out her hand!

In the nick of time, I prepared an Air Trampoline on the ground. I jumped on it while activating Rocket Jump, and I sprung forth to the skies! I perfectly evaded Flu’s dive, and I was able to gain the height advantage!

And now, this is the world-class speed spell used by a world-class Speedmage! I will do Professor Azure’s special technique that won her a lot of matches!

Upon reaching the edge of the atmosphere where the air is thin, I created a huge Air Trampoline pointing downwards to the location of my opponent!

“Orbital Strike!” I shouted out loud.

“Eh!?” Flu acted surprised as she looked up at the skies.

I kicked the Air Trampoline and then I boosted downwards, like a meteor falling from outer space. The friction burns the exterior of my magical barrier making me look like a blazing projectile!

I will not aim for Flu, as she can easily evade me as long as her Alternate Reality Magic is active. I will instead aim for the 2nd Checkpoint Tower and score a point!

Flu smiled as if she realized something. Or maybe she just thought of a stupid antic that would help her counter this spell of mine.

With her Pinions of Bravery, she shoots up in the air at quadruple the speed of my falling. She soared through the skies while squiggly swimming in midair like a supersonic fish!

Oh shit! She is going to counter my Orbital Strike by colliding with me in midair!

“Yaaaaaah!” Flu cried as she swerved to me, our magical barriers repelling each other!

“Gah!” I cried.

“Your back is mine!” Flu said as she made a U-turn in midair and then proceeded to aim at my rear!

In the nick of time, I twisted my body and created an Air Trampoline from my hand. And then I reversed the magical circle, pointing outward! I used it to defend myself from the incoming onslaught!

“Air Trampoline Shield!”

The moment Flu touched my Air Trampoline, she sprung forth with double her speed to outer space!

“Waaaaaaaah!” Flu cried as she twinkled up in the skies.

I was amazed at my innovation on this Air Trampoline. I managed to use it defensively to completely repel Flu. I just hope she will not suffocate because of the lack of oxygen outside the Earth’s atmosphere.

Crash!

I managed to fall on my knees, twenty meters away from the 2nd Checkpoint Tower. I was slightly worried about my girlfriend whom I sent to outer space, so I looked at the perfect blue skies.

There was no need to worry though, as I saw a humongous Stardust Trampoline that covered 2/3rds of the stratosphere. I heard a burning sound as she shoots back to this Triangle with a speed far greater than light!

“Orbital Starfall!”

Boom!

Almost instantly, she crashed into me. Good thing I was able to use my Phasing Vibration in the nick of time to avoid the impact, but the magical force was so great that we were blasted away from each other!

Smoke and debris flew around as a result of the impact. Slowly, the dusty smoke faded, revealing my opponent- the National Speedmage Champion: Fluonessia Asahime standing strong. She still has this blue glint in her eyes and a determined smile to win this game.

I also had my eyes glowing due to the flow of mana and matched her amused smile.

“Jonathan!”

“What is it, Flu?”

“Are you having fun right now?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” I chuckled. “I am having the time of my life right now!”

“Mhhm!” Flu pumped her fists. “I’m glad to hear it! I’m having so much fun right now too! This is so awesooooome!”

“Great!” I shouted out loud.

The morning sun is at about its peak. Flu’s adorable face sparkled as the sun's rays bathe it with its warmth. This brings me back to the very first time I saw a Speedmage Tournament, where I admired the mages doing their speed spells. The nostalgic atmosphere gave me an enjoyment I could never describe.

I thought being magicless is a curse. I thought everything was just a pipe dream. I only saw the monotonous life of being a normal human who is living in a magical world.

But everything is different now.

“I love you, Fluonessia!” I shouted those words in the wide arena called the Triangle.

“I love you too, Jonathan! Having a Speed Battle with you fills my heart with joy!” Flu replied with the same firm clear voice.

This happiness of ours will last forever more. But there is one last thing that must end: the final match against one another.

“Ten seconds left!” Both our navigators shouted through their mics.

I opened my mouth as I readied my last ounce of mana. “I think it’s about time we…”

“...End this!” Flu finished my sentence as she revved her Speedmage Shoes with magic.

We both used our last ounce of strength to dash forward and collide with one another, our red and pink contrail streaks following our trail.

Beep!

And then, a magical circle point indicator manifested, signaling the end of the match.

Fweeeeeeet!

The final whistle has been blown.

2