Chapter 11: Colossi versus giants
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those present widened their eyes, the news was not at all pleasant and more than justified all the trouble caused for the meeting to take place. Rey was taken by surprise when the old man mentioned his name and, oddly enough, the ones who looked at him disapprovingly were his two siblings, Katherine and Mijan.

Ehimus, Heroclades, Maryam and Wulfgang looked happy for some reason.

The Great Wise Wizard said:

"This is not the first time such an attack has happened. With my power I can regulate the entrance of the invaders, and so the guardians of the site can take care of them until the night comes and all the alien bodies end up consumed in the infinite century of destruction. By wind, fire, snow, water and mud, the invaders will be devoured and become the magnificent compost that keeps the site looking so wonderful."

Ehimus, with the happiness of someone who missed a good time, remarked:

"Well, a bit of action! Whoo! What do you say we help the guards so you don't have to work so hard to hold back the invaders' entrance?" she said with encouragement, more than she was used to being seen with.

The Great Wise Wizard, opening his eyes and adjusting his beard, replied:

"Your help will not be amiss, but my duty is to ensure your safety. If you want to fight, it is up to you."

"Ignore the attitude of these two sourpusses," said Heroclades. "A good fight makes you forget your troubles" referring first to Mijan and Katherine, then he pointed to the wolf, the vampire and the elf. "We insist and we need it. Besides, the ones who brought those bounty hunters from the other side were us, in the first place, so we have to solve the problem we left half-finished.

The Great Wise Wizard, as one who gives in to a risky proposition because he trusts others, stated:

"Given the insistence, I will accept your help. Although, for the second time, I must insist that I am not responsible for the safety of those who are not at this point," he said at the same time that the sky of the place was split in two and a whole gigantic arm was present.

All around, hundreds of thousands of decrepit and naked bodies invaded the sky and the plains giving a war cry. Wulfgang, baring his teeth in a grin, said:

"Break formation; from now on you are authorized to do what you are accustomed to do... Fight, kill and conquer no matter what!" said to give the signal to those present.

Heroclades, Ehimus, Mijan and Katherine disappeared, but Maryam remained. That one, who was also eager to fight, stayed behind because her maternal instinct demanded it. She, well troubled, said the following words:

"I must protect the little ones! I have to make sure they stay here. In the only safe place."

Dante, having found another opportunity, launched an explosive comment:

"I want to go to my master! He may need me!!!".

At his son's claims, Wulfgang laid his hand on the vampire's shoulder. The wolf wanted his wife to have a little confidence in his son, as he needed to learn what real combat was. To "come down from the cloud" in which he was floating, as they had already discussed. Dante, as one who wanted attention to validate his point, exclaimed as he held out his hands as one who was showing something obvious:

"Mother!"

Maryam retorted with an angry cry:

"I will not allow it!"

The vampire, who always smiled no matter the situation, had for the first time wiped the smile off her face in front of her children and those present. That was how serious the moment was. Rey was the only one among the little ones who understood the magnitude of the trouble his brother was getting himself into simply for believing that father had more authority than mother.

"What do you mean no!" retorted Dante. "We can kill with justification! This is my chance to show you, father and the entire clan the results of my training. And that Mijan didn't hold back" he spoke almost laughing, happy for his mother's reaction, happy to be convinced of his confidence as a fighter.

A dry sound was heard. With the backhand of her right hand, the mother hit one of her sons in the face, more for wiping away his smile than for his disrespect. Dante was perplexed. He couldn't believe it, for him it was impossible that his mother had hit him in the face. Did it mean that she was his enemy? That she didn't love him anymore?

"This is not a game, Dante," Maryam said with ice coldness in her gaze. A cold so overpowering that it extinguished the glowing embers of burning coals that represented her wolf son's eyes.

Dante spoke through his teeth, averting his gaze at the white eyes of his brother, who so strictly looked at him and seemed unwilling to help him, though the timing was most convenient for him:

"It never was. I'm not useless, I'm a fighter... I'm invincible and I'm the best. Let me prove it to you."

Wulfgang closed his eyes and denied at the assertion of his so arrogant and so like son:

"Dante... I have tried to teach you values in this life. I have tried so hard, but I could not succeed."

Everyone's attention was diverted to the burly werewolf who spoke sadly.

"Remember when you told Mijan you wanted a sword? I made one for you and told Katherine to stop by and pretend I was lending it to you; it was all so you'd learn to take care of what isn't yours. But..."

"He left it rusting out of its sheath. He never cleaned the blood off it and ended up smashing it against a stone" spoke Jhades as one who was proud to point out other people's mistakes.

Wulfgang, unhappy with his vampire son's altitude, said:

"Jhades, to you I showed that loneliness will not help you to advance, but, still, since you do not want to advance, you decided to stay alone in the same place, to the point where, like your brother Dante, you have also starved the little guardian of Paradise that Katherine sought you out for company...."

Dante could not contain himself, he was not listening to his father's words. Distracted by the screams, explosions and all the calamities that were happening in the surrounding area, the little wolf was paying attention to what he thought were unique eventualities he was missing. At a time when he could be out there, he felt he was wasting his time listening to the lectures of his father, who knew nothing.

"It doesn't make sense, I could have beaten half the enemies by now. The two of them are forcing their roles as parents... In short, they don't care if we die or live. What aren't we defective children... what...?"

Rey intervened in the matter by placing his hand on his brother's shoulder. The little white-eyed boy saw in the vampire's eyes a growing frustration, as with a punch and her husband's lecture everything remained the same inside Dante's head. The frustration his mother had surely left her to the point of wanting to give the rebellious wolfling an ultimatum, one of those warnings like "either you do as I say, or you will no longer be my son." But Rey knew that she hesitated before speaking. He pondered looking at Wulfgang, in particular, perhaps because he knew the temperament of wolves when they turned on their eyes and felt trapped. They choose to go the other way, to safety, if it meant they were free, even if they faced danger. Rey said:

"Mother, Dante is not going to give in and further arguing is going to end up driving our hearts further apart. Fear no more you must not, for this is the time. Let this be our initiation... I will try my best not to die" Stepping forward. "On the other hand... father is right... Dante needs to learn on his own what combat is... and we need a chance for you to love us as your children that we are. If not, you have to let us go."

The wolf cub opened his eyes, braided his body and stuck out his chest. He didn't like the idea of the bastard with no last name saying he would take care of him, but at least it was better than nothing. Flashing a knowing smile, Dante turned his head only to meet the enraged face of the one who had defended him.

Rey continued with his words:

"Dante, those words were too much. Think better about what you are going to say before you speak, be careful not to regret it. This time I will take it as a flaw in your personality, but you had better change."

Wulfgang knew that among the younger ones they could not form a spirit of belonging to the group if they did not take risks. Although it was obvious who was likely to get the title of leadership among the three: his white-eyed son. Rey may not have had an enthusiasm that was contagious, but he did make himself look like the tip of a spear.

Maryam looked at Rey and calmed the frustration in her eyes. Of the three children, he was the one who could be trusted the most. Besides, he also had formed values and had had the ability to figure out on his own what the initiation process was to be accepted into the pack. Dante for some reason fell silent at Rey's rebuke, something that made Wulfgang show even more sadness in his gaze.

"I'm willing to help, but not before I have a weapon..." added Jhades as if downplaying the situation.

Dante narrowed his eyes and growled, he wanted to attack the one who only managed to find himself in trouble, but he held back in front of Rey. However, he understood that the vampire simply wanted to be liked, to speak for his own benefit and complicate the situation.

At the suggestion of the little blue-eyed boy, the two fathers looked at each other. Weapons, where would they get weapons to fight with? A weapon was not something a fighter could get lightly, nor was it something that could be easily created. Sure, they could ask Heroclades to claim some weapons, but the aforementioned was busy.

The Great Wise Wizard, as one who opportunely intervened with the solution to the problem, said:

"I can provide you with the best of all..." he added in his characteristic jocular tone. "I understand that you are still very young and that a weapon is something special. An instrument that grows in power with its user, that is acquired through hard work and a lot of luck. But in a drastic situation measures must be taken to accommodate. They have as their motive to defend the place that belongs to them, the training, and I will give them the means.

0