Chapter 13: Engulfed by darkness
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the little ones assumed that the Great Wise Wizard had been responsible for summoning such a creature, they drew back with suspicious eyes. Not only because of the appearance, but because the presence that radiated from such an abomination was not compatible with any form of life.

With tired movements and little interest in the youngsters, the gigantic body that left its breasts, belly and between legs burned and putrefied to the exposed, proceeded to take with its hands something previously unseen, individuals who had already left the world of the living. Constan and Frederick appeared standing, with ghostly features and faces of being lost. The three little ones clenched their fists as they contemplated the scene. The presence, using a broken spear decorated with dead jewels, pierced the bodies of the two. As a needle and thread sewed two pieces of cloth together, the two souls were trapped in the thick chain that began at the back of the broken spear and ended up tied around the creature's waist. No matter how much those two resisted, in a few seconds they ended up similar to the rest of the chained ones,

Of the three main aggressors, Yacer was the last to face the imposing presence. Although it seemed to awaken a little more importance in the eyes of the Missionary of a Thousand Souls, for the spirit was still attached to the few metal fragments. In the hand of the rotting body, in one pull, was elongated the white plasma that represented the intangible existence of the human spirit connected to the metal remnants.

When the creature almost completely pulled the white substance out of the metal skull, Yacer, who could not escape the grip no matter how much he resisted, noticed that he lost his strength, desires and will. The Missionary was extracting the soul from inside the non-organic remains that had existed in Yacer's body. When the moment came when, no matter how hard he pulled, he could not get anything out, with speed and knowledge of his work, the creature used the worn edge of his spear to definitively separate the human soul from the non-organic body. Yacer lost the right of his body to be the perfect tribute to chains, just as the other hundreds of beings who had perished at the site proceeded to be. Although the throne remained in place, as soon as it finished its work, the presence opened a hole where only air existed. On the other side of the eerie floating fissure could be seen a great wall with strange inscriptions, which exposed its unique nature: the main gate of hell. Darkness and shadows vanished into thin air after the departure of the Missionary of a Thousand Souls.

The hatred and rage within the youth had eased, yet the sadness remained, which made the Great Wise Wizard say the following words:

"I'll be waiting for you on the mountain, take your companions, maybe I can do something about it" To, immediately, leave the way he came.

Jhades returned his body to normal. Without exchanging words or glances with his brothers, he turned and took what was left of his faithful furry companion in his arms. For him words were always superfluous. So did Rey and Dante. Rey was trying to find a way to reverse the situation:

"But my resurrection arts as a sorcerer don't even approach the beginner rank. On the other hand, I still don't fully understand my resurrection abilities as a vampire... Mother was able to revive my brothers because she loved them... loving is the condition for using the elemental control "life". Naturally she doesn't love any of our felines"; with an optimistic air, he thought about his master's words. "There are different ways to reach the same goal." Looking up, he glanced in the direction of the departing old man. "Perhaps he has a different way. Though I find it strange that he would be the one to volunteer to help... He might end up making a less than favorable pact. Still, anything to bring him back to life...". Rey paused, he realized that he was desperate, that he had fallen completely into the hands of his enemy.

In a hurried walk, the two brothers had no choice but to follow Rey back. Jhades was glad to return to where it was safe, even if he had to soil his remaining clothes with the blood of his feline. On the other side, Dante walked crestfallen, more to please the one who had beaten him not long ago. The three of them were assaulted by the occasional enemy that took advantage, but only the two flashes around Rey were seen again and the whole problem was solved. Once in front of the mountain, the three young men managed to climb. Both Jhades and Rey spread their wings while Dante, trusting his feet, stuck several jumps powerful enough to reach the top of the mountain together with his two brothers and walk forward, surrounding the bodies that obeyed Maryam.

Naturally, the mother wiping away her tears, worried, descended from inside the body of the Colossus of Darkness and Blood to the inside of the barrier to receive her children. At first she was convinced she could, but seeing their faces, she found no words she could express to comfort, reassure and encourage her little ones.

"I'm sorry" She couldn't help but apologize and stand to the side as one who felt guilty that she couldn't do more.

Rey, looking up, showed the ghost of a face relieved of pain and eyes of compliance, making his mother understand that everything was okay, that he understood. Encouraged, the mother regained strength, recognizing that her son was much stronger and more understanding than she thought despite not having died. Dante and Jhades, on the other hand, were the ones who had experienced the initiation process; they did not understand much of the meaning, they were unaware of the fact of their feline's death and knowing whether or not they would be revived was the least they could do before moving on. Rey resumed his walk, rejoining the pace of his brothers. And so the three of them approached the old man.

The Wise Wizard was seated on a stone at the end, surrounded by abundant vegetation, warmly enlivened by the light that was just emerging and the blood of beasts that adorned the earth. Rey knelt on the ground to spread the remains of his companion on the ground. He had understood that what lay before him was a ritual table. "I am in despair. Indeed. My interior is chaotic. Every time I breathe, I perceive a different sensation. Every time I think or have any reason, this feeling gets stronger... He had it all planned from the beginning... He warned me the way." Turning to speak out loud, Rey continued:

"It would not be me if I did not speak up and say that I have come before you to find out if I can save her. She must live. I want her to live. Please save her, I will do anything" Silently he paused. "I give you the answer you desire. I had to witness what it is like for someone close to me to die to realize it."

The Great Wise Wizard opened his eyes slowly, pretending not to have expected such a situation. He had achieved the goal of making the little white-eyed boy who had always acted so arrogant and haughty more manipulable. He knew that Rey suspected that something was afoot and, of course, he could not proceed with his plan without first having the opportunity to indebt him and show him that he was a friendly presence. The threads that bound the small body were replaced by chains, chains that came not from above but from the furs he carried and from his brothers. They were the creatures he had spent a little time with and had already grown fond of. But these chains were thin and weak, white, formed only by the feeling of knowing that he was very strong and could stand against anything, but those who follow him cannot and are bound by the consequences. What if he, who did not know death, lost the most precious thing he had? With nothing else to worry about, life would be meaningless, he would be willing to seek blood and power. Being strong is a lonely road, but Rey was not used to walking alone.

"I appreciate that you realized."

In victorious, instead of happy and jocular, the expression on the face of the long-lived being was transformed.

"Wanting to recover, it's not a feeling you could have without first having had a loss of something or someone important. I'm sorry to take advantage of this situation, but that's life if you don't cooperate under my control."

After his statement, the old man made a loud cry:

"Great Altar."

From the ground rose a gigantic flat rock. The Great Wise Wizard spoke:

"Lay the remains upon this stone..."  He paused, waited for his instructions to be carried out, and continued. "Returning them to life will have one drawback... From now on, your feline companions will have the purpose of living as servants to you. If you wish to proceed, I hope you are prepared to perform the ceremony."

"Will you be slaves?!" said Rey exalted, for the resurrection of something or someone by such means is to try to make them slaves.

Enslaving the body after death was the most demeaning method with respect to the freedoms of living and the way vampires could use with those they did not love thanks to their bloodlines. The Great Wise Wizard replied:

"Not exactly... in time, they may become independent. But, for now, it is the only means. To begin with, they must bathe the weapons I gave them with their blood."

Asking no more questions, both Rey and his brothers made an incision in their hand. They, with their fingers, pressed the wound and waited for the moment when the greatest amount of blood would come out until they bathed the instrument with which they had fought.

"Kneel down and extend your weapons as an offering to be the future body of your comrades."

After following the instructions to the letter, the fighting instruments began to surround themselves with a divine glow, the same glow that the table was exposing and with which the remains were enveloped:

"Be one, body and object..... Pierce with your weapon the remains and make of them your youses."

"What?" asked Jhades in surprise.

"Youses?" added Dante angry not because he knew about the term, but because of his frustration at not understanding a word so complicated to pronounce.

Maryam disappeared with the intention of defending the area from the menacing creatures called by the divinity of the ritual taking place. Availing himself of an accented tone, the Great Wise Wizard added:

"It is hard, I understand. Let me explain... their bodies are not usable and neither can we clone them to implant the soul of the originals in a body that is not poisoned by radiation. By natural order, the soul has to be packaged in a healthy body so that it does not lose the rights to live. A Chimera needs the fusion of different organisms, in this case a youse is the synthesization of an organism and a non-organic object after the fusion of their energies, souls and external force. This is part of life, sometimes among all the choices they will have to make, they will have to choose the least painful one."

0