The Mansion of Childhood Dreams
22 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Person View

The mansion looked like an old and dreary house that looked abandoned. The gate of the house looked to be rusted from old age. In the yard, you can see a swingset with two swings. The group goes to the gate and tries to open it, and as they walk up to it, the gate opens by itself. The entrance makes a creepy squeak as it swings open. The group is faced with a long path with a lot of trees on the side of it. The trees look dark and lifeless.

"Well, I think we should just go back Zero. Yep, we should look for another house to stay in. There could be ghosts or monsters." Jasmine pauses and looks at the path to the house. "Yeah, mostly the ghosts I am worried about."Jasmine tries to walk about but is stopped by Zero and Ashley."Let me go! I don't want to find out what is in that creepy house. Look how dreadful it is!"Jasmine whines and tries to struggle to get free.

"Sadly, Jasmine, we paid for the house, and besides, I have a feeling that there is more to this house than meets the eye."Zero pauses, look at the path forward, and grabs Jasmine's hand."Alright, Jasmine, let's go and explore! If you can handle that troll, then you should be able to take whatever is inside here." He starts to drag her, with Ashley pulling her as well.

The group starts to walk down the old beaten-down path. The path has a lot of leaves and dust on it. You could see footprints that belonged to a child. The tree's looked like they had been sucked out of life. They continue on the path, and they reach the entrance to the house.

There were substantial wooden old-time doors. They looked like they were made a long time ago. The door also had huge metal knockers on each of the doors. The group tries to touch the door. As they come close to the door, it opens without them touching it. Jasmine slowly backs away but is stopped by Ashley.

"Did you see that? Nope fuck that. I am not going to that house! Can we leave!"Jasmine cries and tries to struggle out of Ashley's grasp. Zero and Ashley sigh as they head inside, with Jasmine trying to escape them. The group looks in the house and sees old children's toys in the house's main entrance.

The group looks at all the toys in the house's main entrance, with a fireplace and the main living room nearby. They continue exploring the place. Looking around the house as they walk, they see a lot of old toys all around the house, and they also see many footprints that belong to children in the past.

"Hmm, I wonder what happened here. This place looks like an old orphanage or something, judging by all the toys and footprints in each room." Zero looks into another room as they walk. The room has cages and what looks like blood on the walls. In the cells, there are shoes and child clothing. He looks at the pens and clothes with rage."This does not look promising at all. Whatever happened here was not right in the slightest."Zero then finds a book on a desk near one of the cages.

Zero opens the book.' I used to be the caretaker for this old orphanage with my wife. We could never have children, so we decided to take care of children as a job. We loved playing with the kids in the front yard on the swings or even all around the playing with many toys. Sadly happy things ended when another caretaker came. At first, he started playing with the kids like usual. He would look like he was having fun with the kids. But then, one by one, the kids started to disappear. My wife and I decided to confront the caretaker about this, but he said he had no clue what had happened to them.

Then we started to observe him. He would go into the basement, where there is a lot of room. We saw him take kids in there as he would pretend to play with them. We decided to confront him. If what I think is happening is right. Whoever reads this, if we are not here telling you what happened in person, that means we died, and this man is not human. I only have one wish if we are dead. Please make that man suffer for the children that went missing.'

Zero looks at the journal with disgust. Ashley and Jasmine are in tears as he reads out loud. He intends to find out what those poor children, whatever happened to them. The group sets the book down and starts to wander the house. They look at many rooms with toys and coloring books on the ground. This house was such a wonderful place back then.

The group continues to walk around the house until they find a door that looks different from the rest of the old home. This door is not dust-covered and looks new rather than old."Girls, get your weapons ready. Whatever is in this room is what probably killed everyone that is here. I will not let the person who probably killed those kids live." Zero grabs his weapon and prepares to fight whatever person or monster is behind this door.

Zero opens the door, and he sees stairs that continue down to what he assumes to be the basement where the couple and the kids went into. The group continues down the stairs to the basement. The walls have claw marks that look like it is from some animal or monster. They continue towards and reach a giant hall with a vast red runic circle. At the end of the hall is a man on an oversized chair.

The man had blood-red eyes and white hair. He looks at the group when they enter the hall and smiles with fangs showing from his mouth." Well, I would have cleaned up a bit if I was expecting company" The man has a ring on his finger that glows out comes a wine glass with blood in it."Now, where are my manners? It is Gabriel. It is a pleasure to meet you. Would you like to join us for dinner?" He smirks as he drinks blood while sitting.

"We want to know what happened to the other people here. There were supposed to be children and another couple here taking care of the kids living here."Zero takes out his scythe and readies his weapon. A dark aura appears around him as he stares down at Gabriel. Jasmine and the girls take out their bows and point them at Gabriel.

"What happened to the others?"Gabriel makes a long, faraway look. He at first has a look of regret but then smiles."I used them all so I could make myself more powerful. I wanted to be beyond human and be the peak of all living creatures. The ritual was successful, and now you see before you the result." He looks at the group and gets up from his chair, and gestures at himself like he is perfect and they should kneel to him.

Zero looks at him with rage, and as he does, many white lights are seen around the room. Ashley and Jasmine look at the lights with confused faces. The ladies could see that the outline of the lights was children, and next to the children were two more big lights with the silhouette of a man and a woman.

The lights stand behind Zero, touching him, and he closes his eyes. One by one, each one touches him. You can see his aura of dark energy is getting bigger and bigger. Then another white light, which is the smallest in the room. The light turns into a tiny little girl. Gabriel looks at the girl with sad eyes but then snarls like he is trying to focus on something else. The little girl goes in front of Zero and says something to him. All the souls of the dead stand next to Zero, and he readies his weapon.

Zero has faced is emotionless as he looks at Gabriel."The dead has spoken. Usually, I hate making promises." Zero then looks at the souls behind him with a sad look." But someone has to accept their wish."Zero continues walking slowly" A hero would ask you why you did it." His weapon glows an unholy black and red."Sadly I am not a hero…." He gives a cruel smile to Gabriel and rushes to him with so much speed he is in front of him almost instantly." I am just a Monster that makes other Monsters like you suffer!"

3