Prologue
427 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a rainy evening.

Winds were raging hard outside and a thunderstorm had occurred in the neighbourhood. There was heavy rainfall and the sky had gone pitch black surrounded by dark clouds. 

Tornadoes were rising up like giants wanting to tear down everything in their way. The trees on the road were waving furiously, just on the verge of being uprooted. It felt like nature was trying to exact its revenge on mankind for every sin committed by it on the surface of earth.

On this dreadful evening, in an isolated and lone house away from the urban cities, was a young man lying peacefully on a sofa.

" Hahhh .... I don't know what to do any more."

" The weather outside is awful. I wonder if my parents are okay? They went out in the afternoon for shopping and haven't returned yet. Due to the clouds in sky the call is not getting connected . I just hope they are safe......"

My name is Paul . I am 18 years old and a High school student. Well not anymore.... I just gave my final exams and I don't really have a particular goal in life.

I do not have a desire to achieve much and I have had a happy childhood and delightful school life. I never took stuff like career, dreams and goals seriously.

I just want to live a happy and relaxed life. Have enough money to provide for my family, a respectable job and a good image in the society will be enough for me.

But suddenly my school ended and now I am kind of stuck. I do not know where to go from here onward or what to do with my life.

Well, lets just leave it at that. Maybe I will be able to figure things out soon.

The weather these days has been very strange. Sometimes the day is clear and sometimes it starts raining immediately. 

The main thing is that these strange, sudden variations in weather are noticed in many other countries. There have been supernatural photos trending on social media, where half of a city is covered with dense black clouds, as if the place had not seen sunlight for years! And the other half of the city is totally normal. 

This has already occurred  in many cities till now. In addition to that the amount of natural disasters have suddenly increased. Many dormant volcanoes have started erupting again and some cities are entirely flooded. There was also that case of a large earthquake.

 I wonder if the world is ending.

What do I even do in this rainy weather? There is no signal at all and there is no power. Lets just rest for a while. I hope Mom and Dad return soon.

While Paul was resting, a thick black dense cloud was starting to form above his house. It was as if it was corrupted by some evil force of hell. Just looking at it made people uncomfortable. It had an eerie aura. As if a creepy, slimy, black monster was floating in the sky.

Soon the cloud was big enough to cover a kilometer. At the center of which, was Paul's house.

Suddenly some crackling sounds started to come out of the cloud . It seemed like it was preparing something. Just like a dragon does before roasting its pray alive, or a predator does before hunting its prey.

And suddenly, the whole world went white and a thundering roar followed. It seemed as the heavens were punishing a deadly monster with their divine punishment. The lightning which was produced from that cloud was totally different from anything a person could ever imagine. The lightning was so large in size that its length could be compared with a building. 

Its sheer intensity made the birds in a radius of 5 kilometers fall to the ground, never to fly again. And then all of its strength was concentrated, and released on the house directly below it. 

The lightning struck the surface of house, turning everything in its way into ruins and fell on the young man, who was silently enjoying his blissful sleep.

 


 

" *yawn* What a good sleep it was! Maybe the best  in my entire life? I did have weird dreams though. I felt like floating freely in space and then suddenly getting sucked into a vortex. "

"Mmmhh.... I wanna go to the bathroom. "

" Huh? My voice sounds a bit different? Maybe its because I am suffering from cold- "

As soon as Paul woke up , he saw his reflection in an unfamiliar window. 

He saw a man with blonde hair and grey eyes, dressed in a brown coat.

"-or not ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WHAT THE F**K !!!???! "

4