Prologue: Beginning of the End
18 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A malevolent red mist fills the once-blue sky of the ancient kingdom of Mythril. The once beautiful, lush green trees shrivel up and die. The clear blue water darkens in color, like poison in a glass. Suddenly, a dark and omniscient shadow appears from the mist and a vampiric man walks out with a sadistic grin on his heartless face as if he could torture then kill with just a single glance.

His slick black hair is combed down the back of his head as you usually would imagine a vampire's. His left eye is crimson red in color while the other is silver like the hazy morning sky. He wears an ornately styled robe that appears to bear symbols as old as existence itself, if not even older.

This man has power in this realm despite no one ever seeing nor hearing of them before. I take a step away from him when he looks in my general direction, then he starts to approach me. I feel like turning and running, but I cannot move, due to some unseen force holding me hostage. The demonic being is now right in front of me with the cruelest of expressions on his malicious face.

The demon says not a word while he stares at me maliciously as if debating on how to kill me. He steps even closer to me and crouches down to my height, and he draws his sword from the scabbard on his waist, and runs it gently across my neck, almost playfully even. The cold, black steel of the sword stings, the sharpness of the blade inflicted no pain despite the blade slitting my neck ever so slightly, the warm trickle of blood itches as it runs downwards towards my chest... 

Suddenly I hear the whisper of the wind as the blade swiftly transitions from my neck into my chest. Surprisingly I feel no pain as the warm crimson blood seeps slowly into my clothes, and when I look down, I can already tell that I am dying.

“The world isn’t fair to those who are weak and powerless, you should have ran when you had the chance.” The man says as my mind slowly starts to grow fuzzy, the details on his robe, once easily distinguishable, now look like small blurs. I try to speak but no words exit my mouth, only a weak sigh.

Slowly my vision starts to fade away into the unknown abyss. No matter what I attempt, the grasp of my strained conscience gradually moves out of grasp, my body starts to feel colder and colder, my body heat escaping me. And the man removes his blade from my chest, wipes it down with a blood-stained neckerchief, and leaves me to die alone. Within minutes everything is gone, all pain resolved into the peacefulness of the void, the embodiment of nothingness. Suddenly my remaining conscience is seized by an unseen hand, and everything I knew is gone as if it never existed, to begin with.

 

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

 

I open my eyes to find myself in a place void of all light, everything up to now is fuzzy to me, and I look around, but there is nothing but immense darkness. Suddenly I feel a presence behind me, and I turn to see a faint figure in the distance, the figure looking strangely feminine. Just seeing the figure reminds me that I should’ve died, and I look down to where I was stabbed, but ironically it is too dark to see even myself, so I touch where the wound was with my right hand and I feel a strange, warm sticky substance, blood, perhaps? I look back up and notice that the feminine figure has gotten closer. I blink and the ghostly woman is right in front of me, her hand stroking my head, like a mother, but even so, I cannot make out her features.

The mysterious woman strokes my head lovingly but remains silent. I attempt to move out of the mysterious lady's grasp but strangely I am unable to move, so I open my mouth to speak instead but the woman puts her index finger to my lips and shushes me. She looks down at me her face becoming more visible, and she speaks to me. The words that come out of her mouth are soft-spoken and motherly, although I am unable to comprehend what she is saying. Eventually the woman retreats holding something in her hand and the further away she ventures from me the fuzzier my mind grows until...

Darkness envelopes my mind, I don't know what I am anymore, just a shell of what I once was, a mindless ghost drifting through the void, if you can even call something like me a ghost. I am an empty spirit stuck in limbo lost in neither heaven nor hell, darkness is all I know, and the longer I drift the more...

I forgot what I was saying, where am I, who am I... where am I...? Where? Darkness is all there is, but what is darkness? Who am I...

1