Chapter 9: Second Chance pt.3
245 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fine. I’ll accept the blessing”

 

“Wait, really? Don’t worry my dear, I will make sure that you will not regret it. Also, if you happen to find any of my churches, I can talk to you through the blessing!”

 

I felt like I was going to regret my choice, but oh well. 

 

She quickly got back up again and placed her hand on my chest like before. Her hand glowed much brighter, completely obscuring my vision. When I could see again I noticed that I was a full head shorter than before. While normally I was tall enough to reach her collar, this time I was around her elbows.

 

“Goddess Lenora, what did you do to me?

 

“Let me show you a mirror dear”

 

With a snap of her finger a mirror appeared in front of me. Gone was the horn coming out of my eye, gone were the wings on my back, gone was the tail, the only thing that remained somewhat similar was my face.

 

My hair was a little bit shorter, instead of extending down my back it was shoulder length. The color was also a pure silver, just like Lenora. I had two eyes now, both matching my hair. Just looking around I could already see a difference in my depth perception. My face kept some of the main structures like my nose shape but I looked much younger. My ears were also shorter and rounded out, like what you would expect from a human. My skin also looked much healthier, I didn’t look like a corpse anymore!

 

My body was similar to my face in that it seemed younger. Instead of the bizarre scale armor plating that covered it before, I had a brown coat and leather pants on, something that I would expect some villager to wear. Just like she said, any trace of me being an abyssal was gone. Aside from my hair and eye color, I looked just like a normal human. But still…

 

“Why do I look like a young girl!?”

 

“A ten year old girl my dear.”

 

“Ok, why do I look like a ten year old girl.”

 

“Well, since you are still going to be a girl when you regain your abyssal abilities become unsealed, I thought it would be a good idea to let you get used to it. Also, you already grew up once as a guy, why not give the other team a try?”

 

“There are so many problems with that statement I don’t even know where to begin.”

 

“Also little girls are much cuter than boys.”

 

“And the true intentions come out.”

 

“Oh, one more thing I almost forgot, can you place your hand on your chest and think about some type of weapon?”

 

“Huh? Uh alright”

 

Placing my hand on my own chest I began to think of that metal device I found back in the armory, and seemingly on command a handle pushed out of my chest.

 

“Yes! It worked! Now pull it out”

 

Pulling on the handle what looked like a dagger formed out of my chest. This was certainly not what I was imagining. The dagger looked rusted and worn, sharp enough to cut flesh but not much else. Oddly though, the blade and handle seemed cracked. Like the blade was not originally this short and instead was broken down to its current length. The handle was in a similar state, looking like it was originally meant to fit two hands, and now it was just big enough for my current small hand.

“I am so glad that you are able to summon it again, but it did not look like that at all. Why is it so broken? And oddly, It doesn’t seem like it holds the light alignment anymore”

 

“Maybe being turned into an abyssal broke it and changed its alignment. But first of all, what is this?”

 

“Oh sorry, I almost forgot to tell you about this. During your last life you picked up a bound weapon. They are summonable at any time as long as you possess a blessing. Just place it near your chest again and it will disappear”

 

Well that would have made the decision earlier a bit easier, but if it is this broken I don’t know if I can even use it.

 

“Anyways, where I am sending you being young again is much more appropriate. Oh, and please. Enjoy your childhood again. I know this isn’t exactly within my right to say but your past two lives were not the best. You will have a couple of open years before the abyss comes knocking. Enjoy them. And I know you have more questions for me, so when you are ready head on over to a church and I’ll make sure to answer, alright”

 

“Alright, fine. I’m trusting you on this.”

 

“Thank you, and may your new life be fruitful.”

 

She was right, I still have plenty of things I wanted to ask her, but I guess I would keep them for later. Gotta make sure to write everything down before I forget. Next time we speak I will have nearly a book full of questions for her.

 

With a wave of her hand the light that I had seen twice before reappeared and covered my vision once more.

 

—-

 

“Ms. Mary, look what I found!”

 

“What did you find Nicole?”

 

Today was just like any other day, teacher was about to let us have our recess just outside of the village. Moving to my regular playing spot I saw a young girl around my age asleep on the ground. She didn’t look familiar, was she new here? And why was she choosing to sleep in my play spot of all places.

 

“A human with white hair.. Odd.”

 

Teacher was right, our village was populated almost entirely by demihumans. We only had a small number of humans, most of them being orphans just like me.

“Nicole, pick her up, we are going to take her to the infirmary. June, watch the kids for me alright! We found a kid where Nicole plays!”

 

“Alright, don’t take too long!”

 

“Sorry about that, let's bring her to the infirmary alright Nicole?”

 

“Hehe, you got it Ms. Mary!”

 

Due to being a fox based demihuman I was much stronger than others my age, so picking up this girl was super easy. 

 

On the way back I noticed that the girl was beginning to open her eyes.

 

“Ms. Mary, Ms. Mary, she’s opening her eyes!”

 

Looking at her opened eyes they were really cute, the same shade of white as her hair. 

 

“Pretty…”

 

thunk

 

Out of nowhere the girl said something that caught me off guard. So off guard, I may have dropped her.

 

“NICOLE WHY DID YOU DROP HER!”

 

Whoa, finally done with this massive chapter. Serious case of ambition being greater than skill. I have work due in like an hour that I am still yet to start. Probably should have done it instead of writing but writing is much more fun. Still better than hunting another lucent narg in monhun so I consider it time well spent.

10