Chapter 151
73 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he walked through the streets, he came across a small pub tucked away in a quiet corner. It looked cozy and inviting, and so he decided to give it a try.

He walked in and was greeted by the warm glow of the fire and the chatter of the patrons. He took a seat at the bar and ordered a meat platter and a cold beer.

As he waited for his food, he took in the atmosphere of the pub. It was a far cry from the dangerous and unpredictable world he had just left behind. Here, people were relaxed and carefree, enjoying their food and drink without a care in the world.

For a moment, Axel allowed himself to let go of his responsibilities and simply enjoy the moment. He savored the taste of the meat and the refreshing bitterness of the beer, feeling his body relax and unwind.

But even as he enjoyed his brief moment of respite, he knew that he couldn't stay in the pub forever. There were always more missions, more dangers to face, and more lives to protect. But for now, he allowed himself to enjoy this moment of peace and quiet, knowing that he would soon be back on the front lines, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Axel was enjoying his meal and drink when he noticed an old man in the corner of the pub, eyeing him curiously. He couldn't help but feel a little uneasy under the man's gaze, but he tried to ignore it and continue enjoying his food.

However, the old man was persistent. He leaned over to the waitress and whispered something in her ear. She looked over at Axel, then back at the old man, and nodded.

The old man then got up from his seat and made his way over to Axel's table. He looked at Axel intently for a moment before speaking.

"Excuse me, young man," he said, his voice rough and gravelly. "May I ask your name?"

Axel raised an eyebrow, surprised by the man's directness. "My name is Axel. Can I help you with something?"

The old man nodded, with a look of recognition in his eyes. "Yes, I thought so. You look just like the description I was given."

Axel was starting to feel a little uneasy. "What description? Who gave it to you?"

The old man smiled wryly. "I'm sorry, young man, I cannot reveal my sources. But let's just say that I have been keeping an eye out for someone like you for a long time."

Axel's mind was racing. Who was this old man? And what did he want with him? He decided to tread carefully.

"Well, I'm flattered, but I'm just a simple traveler." "I don't think I'm who you're looking for."

The old man didn't seem convinced. "I beg to differ, young man. But perhaps we can discuss this further over a drink?"

Axel hesitated for a moment, then nodded. He had a feeling that this old man wasn't going to leave him alone until he got what he wanted. And besides, he was curious. Maybe this old man could shed some light on the mysterious world he had found himself in.

"Sure," Axel said, gesturing for the old man to take a seat. "Let's talk."

-

Thank you for reading.

If you want to help me out and read eighty more chapters check out my patreon page.

0