Chapter 28: A Widow and an X-men
1.2k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days had passed since my meeting with the president and saying I was excited was an understatement. The rewards from the mission had been delivered and were now growing so in a few weeks they would be ready to be turned into the cure for cancer I had promised the President. The system had told me that because of their unique structure the flowers would grow at an incredible rate.

The President had also given me a tower like structure in the middle of New York. It was dwarfed by the Avengers and The Sevens towers but it was good enough. It had my Company's logo on the side of it and I had a good view of the Avengers and The Sevens towers. I had Red Queen integrate herself into the tower’s mainframe, she had full control of the buildings systems. I had hired some basic personnel that were only allowed onto the basic floors.

I had divided the tower into three section the first twenty floors were for legitimate use, like taking calls, researching new low security level stuff and having board meetings. The twenty first to the thirtieth floors would contain labs and other facilities making mid security level stuff. Then came the last ten floors, I had designated them for top security researcher and I had the top floor redesigned to be my office with my chair next to a large glass window overlooking the city. I did make plans to build secret labs for conducting B.O.W experiments later on.

I was currently sitting at in my office twiddling my fingers when Red Queen’s hologram appeared before me. “Sir you have a visitor waiting in the elevator” I swivelled around in my chair and gazed at the monitor that showed the security feed to the elevator. It was Ada in a sexy secretary outfit, she was tapping her foot waiting. 

“Send her up she doesn’t have her key card yet” I waited for about a minute before the elevator doors opened. Ada walked in with a tablet she wore a pair of black glasses I couldn’t tell why. 

“Out of every one you could’ve got for this job you had to get me why?” Ada was as cautious as always.

“Well Ada I need someone I trust in this position, someone who can handle themselves and someone who is human”.

“Why didn’t you get your wife then she’s human I think” I started to laugh.

“I probably need someone who knows how to carry themselves with the proper attitude and won’t try to kill any woman that comes close to me.” 

“Speaking about your wife I heard she’s had her scan yesterday how did it go.” I looked at a photo frame on my desk it showed a ultrasound scan.

“I’m having twins” I smiled widely as I turned back to my window. “Change is coming to the world Ada and it’s coming fast I just hope the world is ready for it.”

Pov Black Widow (Natasha)

Leon was tapping his foot as I drove a black jeep down a road. “Where are we going Natasha?” Leon seemed slightly impatient, we delivered the news to Rebecca Chambers she didn’t take it well. The team was ordered to complete a training course that was happening in a week. 

“We’re going to see a special person, who helped me through some extremely dark and difficult times in my life. I thought back to when I had freed myself from the Red Rooms control, a special school took me in and the headmaster had helped me out of my depression. We approached a large mansion like structure as I slowed the jeep several students stared at us. I was the first to get out and was greeted by a bald white man in a wheelchair. 

“Hello again Natasha” the bald man greeted me then looked at Leon. “When I received your call I frankly couldn’t believe that you needed my help.”

“Hello again Xavier” I stuck out my hand and he shook it. Leon seemed slightly confused “can we come inside we have a lot to discuss.”

“That we do Natasha” me and Leon followed Xavier into the mansion structure. I shudder slightly as I walked the halls of a place I had called home for some time again. “How long has it been since you last wandered the halls of my institute Natasha” I puffed a bit.

“Three maybe four years” I paused slightly “how’s Scott been doing?”. 

“Well after you up and disappeared on us he took it hard at first, he thought he was the cause but he has gotten over it.” Xavier turned to me “I know you didn’t come here to get reacquainted with old flames”.

“I wouldn’t be here if their was anyone else I could trust with this” I placed a small folder on the professors lap. The folder contained a picture of an ultrasound and several other documents.

“What is this Natasha?”

“I need your help you are looking at the ultrasound of the wife of this man” I flipped the folder to reveal a picture of Luke taken from afar. “His name is Luke Valentine and I need you to introduce yourself to him” Xavier looked at me.

“Natasha why would I introduce myself to a boy I don’t even know?” I flipped through some of the pages. 

“That boy is responsible for all of these” the pages showed the aftermath of all that I knew Luke was responsible for. “I don’t want his children to end up like him so could you please make him choose to send his children here”.

“Natasha their must be more than that if you came here in person, now what is it?” He seemed more stern.

“I would also like for you to do a bit of surveillance on him, like read his mind or convince his kids to tell you his secrets.”

“Natasha I won’t use anyones children as tools to obtain anything.” I sighed and stared to walk away “I won’t use his kids as tools that doesn’t mean I won’t try my best to be a positive influence.” I smiled as I dragged Leon out of there quickly.

As we got into the Jeep Leon looked at me quite seriously. “What the hell was that Natasha, you gave classified information to some civilian”. 

“Leon that man is no civilian and he can be trusted, if it wasn’t for him I honestly don’t know if I would be here today.” I had a sullen look on my face and Leon gritted his teeth.

“Fine but I want to know who Scott is the old bald guy said you had a relationship”. I chuckled slightly as I thought back on the memories I had with Scott.

“He was someone I cared about, thats all now back to the mission at had because the President is blocking S.H.I.E.L.D from investigating Luke and Umbrella any further we need to find undeniable evidence” I looked back once more at the mansion before speeding off.

Pov Charles Francis Xavier

I watched from the window as the Jeep Natasha and that man had came in sped off. “Who was that professor?” A man with red sunglasses was coming down the stairs. He wore a blue short sleeve teeshirt and dark grey trousers.

“That was just an old acquaintance dropping something off” I quickly hid the folder Natasha had given me. ‘There is no point in opening old wounds’ “why are you here anyway don’t you and Logan have a class to teach”. 

“I hoped you would know professor I haven’t seen wolverine all day, I checked his room I asked students, nothing.” 

I sighed and placed my hands on my head “I will try to locate him you go teach the class” I heard Scott huff as he left. I started trying to locate Logan until I had finally found him “why am I not surprised”. I had found him hidden in a tree passed out drunk. I finally reached his location and sighed as I saw the ground littered with beer cans. “LOGAN WAKE UP!!” the scruffy man awoke startled by my shouting and fell out of the tree. 

Logan had scruffy black hair and smelled like a bar “not so loud would you” he said gripping his head. Then he took a deep sniff then another and another “why do I smell Natasha on you professor”.

I sighed as the man got up off the ground “if only you were as good as your nose is maybe you could make it to the classes you’re meant to teach on time and not drunk.”

“Don’t try to change the subject does Scott know?” I shook my head. “I’m guessing I’m meant to keep this a secret” I nodded and Logan made an strange groan. “I wonder how he would react hum if he knew” Logan started to scratch his back and he did a ghastly burp.

“Well he won’t find out because you won’t tell him, he has finally gotten over Natasha leaving and is starting to find love again, I don’t want all that effort gone to waste”. 

“So don’t tell Scott that the previous love of his life just turned up after she left without so much as a good bye  git it”.

I took a sniff of Logan and nearly gagged “go take a shower and sober up I don’t want you being a bad influence on them.” I just saw him salute before leaving I pulled out the folder that Natasha had given me. 

Field report of Target 1285#th1 
Name: Midnight Valentine 
Age: Unknown 
Powers: Super Strength, potentially other powers as well.

The subject seems to show a blatant lack of empathy towards most others and would kill them without a second thought. This subject is considered extremely dangerous and engaging target is not advised.

45