Chapter 235 : Anbu Rules & Training Plan
274 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eagle was busy informing everyone about their Anbu Captain. Soon, he arrived in front of Fujin and Teru. He looked at them and said, "Good, you are together. Both of you are assigned under Kuma."

He pointed towards a Bear-masked Anbu and said, "That's him, go and introduce yourselves."

Fujin and Teru walked to him. Another young Chunin was already standing next to the Bear-marked Anbu. The Anbu with the codename Kuma was leaning against the wall. He was a very large person. He was easily over 7 feet in height and had a large physique. In addition, he wore plate armor and had a metal staff next to him. Both Fujin and Teru speculated that he was from the Akimichi clan.

The youngster next to Kuma looked at Teru and said with a smile, "Looks like we are in the same team once again."

Teru smiled and looked at Fujin and said, "Fujin, he is Hatake Kaen. He was in my Genin squad along with Yori. Kaen, he is Suzuki Fujin. He was my classmate."

[A/N: Kaen was shown in chapter 51.]

Fujin and Kaen said hello to each other. Kuma looked at the three youngsters and said, "It's good that you three know each other. Follow me."

He opened the room behind him and entered. Fujin, Teru and Kaen followed him in. Kuma closed the door. The room was small and compact with multiple cupboards, lockers and boxes along the walls. Fujin realized that the room itself had a lot of seals for defense and privacy. He nodded in appreciation, 'Not bad for Anbu headquarters. Looks like the village higher-ups didn't spare any cost while making this basement.'

Kuma removed his mask and sat down on a bench with a smile on his face. He said, "This will be our private quarters. You can use this room to keep spare clothes and weapons. We will also have our team meetings here."

Everyone nodded and took their seats. Kuma said, "Let's start with introductions. I am Akimichi Tsuyoshi. You can call me Captain. I specialize in Akimichi clan secret techniques, Fire Release and using a bo to fight. And I prefer frontal assaults during the fighting. What about you guys?"

Fujin noticed, 'Unlike Renjiro, he isn't interested in knowing hobbies, likes and dislikes. But I suppose that makes sense considering that this is the Anbu.'

Fujin said, "I am Suzuki Fujin. I specialize in Wind Release and I fight using swords. I am also a sensor and can use the Mystical Palm jutsu. I prefer to fight from a distance or to fight using hit-and-run tactics."

Tsuyoshi closely observed Fujin. After all, Fujin's fighting method was completely opposite to Tsuyoshi's methods. However, before he could analyze Fujin, his attention was gained by Teru and Kaen.

Teru followed up, "I am Senju Teru. I specialize in Water and Earth Releases and am good with Taijutsu. I prefer frontal assaults but can engage in mid-range battles as well."

Kaen was the last to speak, "I am Hatake Kaen. I specialize in Lightning Release and I use a short blade to engage in Hatake Kenjutsu. I can use the Mystical Palm jutsu as well. I prefer high-speed combat that keeps the enemy on their toes and inflicts multiple small damages to the enemy. My team can use the advantage provided by those small damages to kill the enemy."

Tsuyoshi began analyzing, 'As expected, they aren't bad despite their young age. Fujin and Kaen prefer to do high-speed battles to take advantage of their Wind and Lightning affinities while Teru has the steadiness of the Senju clan. With me as the core, we can form several effective strategies and battle formations.

It looks like the chief did a wonderful job once again. My team will cover all 5 natures. In addition, with Fujin's sensor capabilities and his and Kaen's healing jutsu, we will have a rather all-round squad for Anbu.'

He said, "Good. It looks like you have a good base. I will first tell you about some basic rules of Anbu."

The trio paid attention to his words. Tsuyoshi said, "For an Anbu, maintaining secrecy is a must. You will never talk about any Anbu mission you do with anyone outside your chain of command. In fact, you shouldn't even be telling anyone that you are selected into the Anbu.

To maintain anonymity, you will choose a mask and codename for you. You will always call the other Anbu ninjas by their codenames whenever you are on a mission. And when we meet off duty, you should never call me or any other Anbu ninja using their codenames.

As you know, my codename is Kuma. The wooden box behind has a lot of masks. Choose whichever one you want. Also, choose a codename for yourselves."

Fujin, Teru and Kaen nodded. They quickly opened up the box and saw a bunch of animal masks in it. The boys took some time to decide on their masks and tried them on to check which size fitted them properly. After a couple of minutes, they walked back in front of Tsuyoshi.

Tsuyoshi observed their masks. Teru had taken a Turtle mask. Fujin had a Hawk mask while Kaen had a Fox mask.

Tsuyoshi asked, "Have you chosen your codename?"

The trio nodded.

Teru said, "My codename will be Turtle."

Fujin said, "Mine will be Hawk."

Kaen said, "Mine will be Kitsune."

Tsuyoshi nodded and said, "Good. Now I wi…"

However, Fujin interrupted him, "Captain, since there are so many ninjas in the Anbu, wouldn't multiple Anbu ninjas have the same masks and codenames?"

Tsuyoshi nodded, "Yes, they get repeated. I know at least 11 other Anbu ninjas with the Hawk mask and codename. But you don't need to worry as it is a good thing. Our enemies can't recognize us easily from the mask due to how many there are. Also, you don't need to worry about confusion in our ranks. Lord Hokage and our Commander have very large memories. They will always recognize you and give you the right task."

Fujin nodded and said, "Alright."

Tsuyoshi continued, "I will first give you a brief description of my training plan. So listen carefully."

Fujin, Teru and Kaen once again paid full attention. Tsuyoshi said, "Since you have been selected to the Anbu, it shows that you already have good training, discipline and decent strength. So your training won't involve any jutsus or techniques to make you stronger.

Instead, your training will focus on making you act and fight like an Anbu ninja. I will train you in various formations and battle tactics that we will be using in field missions. In addition, I will also teach you all about poisons including but not limited to detecting poison, which poisons to use against an array of opponents and in various situations and what to do if you or your ally gets poisoned.

Your training will also involve learning various assassination techniques. You will also learn how to provide the perfect security. Infiltration, disguise, etiquettes, concealing traces, planting evidence, causing fights, diplomacy and other such stuff will also be taught."

He took a pause and looked at the three youngsters and said in a serious tone, "As a normal ninja, the life of your teammates takes the highest precedence. I am sure that you have saved your teammates or got saved many times during missions. At times, you might have done that at the cost of your mission.

But in Anbu, the mission comes above everything else. Failing missions can have grave consequences for our village. And getting captured by an enemy is a strict no. So you will also be trained to resist torture and will also be equipped with multiple means of ending your own life if need be."

The faces of the three youngsters grew grim. They all realized that this wouldn't be as easy as their genin and chunin lives. And they realized that the risks to their lives during their time in the Anbu will be the highest!

Tsuyoshi looked at them and asked, "Any doubts?"

All three replied, "No Captain."

Tsuyoshi smiled and said, "Good. Though we may experience difficult situations, unless there is no choice, we won't abandon our comrades. So no need to be tense. But do train very hard so that we won't ever have to be in a position like that.

As an Anbu, you will have access to the training grounds and rooms that are specifically reserved for the Anbu. In the entire village, these facilities are among the very best. So in addition to my training, you can train there to steadily and rapidly build your strength."

A smile formed on Fujin's face. He had heard that Anbu training facilities had training rooms similar to the Forest of Death. So they probably had elemental stones. He couldn't wait to get his hands on them. He would take every Ryo that Hiruzen won by betting on him back with interest!

Tsuyoshi got up and said, "I will take you to your first Mission as an Anbu."


If you can, then please support me on Patreon. 
Link - www.patreon.com/DevilHex
Can read up to 50 chapters ahead on Patreon.

14